Official Club Stuff Official Hawthorn Club Account on Big Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi BH, this query was raised a few years ago and I recall the explanation was that when the players sing the song after a win they use the word 'are' instead of 'play' because 'are' is more inclusive i.e. their win is due to more than just the players e.g. coaches, trainers, admin - everyone. If they sing 'play' then it suggests it's all about the players. This reasoning sits well with our portrayal as the family club.

Can't vouch for its authenticity but I'll run with it! ;)

Hi BH, this query was raised a few years ago and I recall the explanation was that when the players sing the song after a win they use the word 'are' instead of 'play' because 'are' is more inclusive i.e. their win is due to more than just the players e.g. coaches, trainers, admin - everyone. If they sing 'play' then it suggests it's all about the players. This reasoning sits well with our portrayal as the family club.

That's interesting and makes sense in a way but since they are singing the song straight after they have actually played a game and it's only the players that are singing it (frowned upon if anyone who hasn't played tries to join in) I don't think anyone would mind if they sang 'play' instead of 'are'. Having said that they are free to sing whatever they like IMO and if they want to sing 'are', all power to them :)

So just after I hit post reply Graham Wright walked past my desk. He mentioned that Siope will be in at the club next week and that we'll look to have something up on hawthornfc.com.au shortly with an update of his progress.

Hi again HFC Official

Any news on Siope? I think he's eligible to be drafted in about 4 months, be great to know how he's tracking.

Cheers
stem

HFC Official

Just received an email from the club telling me about how I can return my reserved seat for resale and receive credit on the 2016 membership.

I then notice that the deadline to return the seat is 25 May 2015. Is this a misprint?

HFC Official given all the talk the current clash guernsey is generating in the AFL media and social media (the vast majority of which is neither positive nor respectful of this proud club) is there any chance that the club could scrap this design early at the end of this season and run a competition to the Hawthorn fans to design and submit their own design?

The club could provide guidelines for the design based on whatever the directives for a clash jumper are from the AFL (majority white, etc.) and then pick their favourite 3-5 and have a blind poll for members to choose which one they want to see take over as our new clash jumper. With the big reveal to happen following the conclusion of that poll.

Benefits include:
1. Fan involvement
2. A jumper design chosen by the members
3. Minimal cost to the club (biggest cost would be the waste of money paid to the marketing department that came up with the current design)
4. Our clash jumper stops us being a laughing stock 3-4 times a year.

As a fan/member of the club I would consider it a great honour to know the team were running around in a jumper that I'd designed and that would more than suffice as a prize for me and I'm sure everyone else who'd enter.

Just begs the question as to why the official song is still 'play'...I am happy to change the words but if the club's official song is 'play' that is what the players should be singing.

But that metallic gold is not our colour.

Yes, I agree but the club is still using gold in its clash jumper.
There's always a reaction against anything new.

I particularly like it when I see our players wearing them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi HFC Official ,

When do the member's ballot for the Subiaco game vs West Coast come out?

Thanks,

Hi again Mr Hawthorn Official,

I suspect I may have mentioned this before - possibly relating to a different page (goal kicking stats i think it was) on the Hawthorn FC website, but this page:

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/history/debut-order

could also sure do with some updating. For a reasonable stipend * , I'd be willing to toss in my day job and just hang out at Waverley and help keep things humming along and up to date. Just sayin'.... :D

* $100 K / year should just about seal the deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HFC Official

Just received an email from the club telling me about how I can return my reserved seat for resale and receive credit on the 2016 membership.

I then notice that the deadline to return the seat is 25 May 2015. Is this a misprint?

Hi Dixie Flatline,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Yes that was a misprint and should have ready June.

The Round 13 seat return was a trial so the club will evaluate how it went to see if it will continue.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Hi again HFC Official

Any news on Siope? I think he's eligible to be drafted in about 4 months, be great to know how he's tracking.

Cheers
stem

Thanks for the reminder stemline.

I will bring this up with our comms and digital media teams who have had a few changes of late, so hopefully there will be an update on him on the website soon.

Cheers,
HFC Official

HFC Official given all the talk the current clash guernsey is generating in the AFL media and social media (the vast majority of which is neither positive nor respectful of this proud club) is there any chance that the club could scrap this design early at the end of this season and run a competition to the Hawthorn fans to design and submit their own design?

The club could provide guidelines for the design based on whatever the directives for a clash jumper are from the AFL (majority white, etc.) and then pick their favourite 3-5 and have a blind poll for members to choose which one they want to see take over as our new clash jumper. With the big reveal to happen following the conclusion of that poll.

Benefits include:
1. Fan involvement
2. A jumper design chosen by the members
3. Minimal cost to the club (biggest cost would be the waste of money paid to the marketing department that came up with the current design)
4. Our clash jumper stops us being a laughing stock 3-4 times a year.

As a fan/member of the club I would consider it a great honour to know the team were running around in a jumper that I'd designed and that would more than suffice as a prize for me and I'm sure everyone else who'd enter.

Nice idea cryptor. I know Melbourne City (Heart at the time) did something very similar for their third kit design and had fans send in their submissions.

There is quite a lengthy process when it comes to guernsey designs etc but i'll definitely pass it on.

Cheers,
HFC Official

Hi HFC Official ,

When do the member's ballot for the Subiaco game vs West Coast come out?

Thanks,

Hi 11sjw,

Ticket applications for WA members close on Wednesday 8 July.

The ballot will be run in the week after that. All members will be notified via email of whether they are successful or unsuccessful in the ballot.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Hi again Mr Hawthorn Official,

I suspect I may have mentioned this before - possibly relating to a different page (goal kicking stats i think it was) on the Hawthorn FC website, but this page:

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/history/debut-order

could also sure do with some updating. For a reasonable stipend * , I'd be willing to toss in my day job and just hang out at Waverley and help keep things humming along and up to date. Just sayin'.... :D

* $100 K / year should just about seal the deal

Thanks IdiotBox.

Our comms and digital media teams have gone through a fair bit of change recently. We'll make them aware of this so that they are updated ASAP.

Cheers,
HFC Official

Hey HFC Official,

Was just wondering if you could pass on all our best wishes to Roughie as recovers at the moment. There is a thread on here that is full of well wishes from both Hawks fans and numerous other clubs as well. Might only be a small gesture but footy fans are right behind him.

Thanks.

Hey HFC Official,

Was just wondering if you could pass on all our best wishes to Roughie as recovers at the moment. There is a thread on here that is full of well wishes from both Hawks fans and numerous other clubs as well. Might only be a small gesture but footy fans are right behind him.

Thanks.

Sure can 89Adopter. We'll let him know that the BigFooty community are right behind him.

Hi 11sjw,

Ticket applications for WA members close on Wednesday 8 July.

The ballot will be run in the week after that. All members will be notified via email of whether they are successful or unsuccessful in the ballot.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
HFC Official
:(
Just received an email saying I missed out on this ballot. Apparently 1200 applications for only 600 tickets which is tough but also ridiculous when you consider it's less than 2% of the overall capacity, hurry up Burswood!

I also missed out on the general admission sales so would love to know if there's any other way to get a ticket.
Kind of deflating spending $200 for a membership that you'd normally only use for 1 game and then you're denied a ticket to that game.

Just received an email saying I missed out on this ballot. Apparently 1200 applications for only 600 tickets which is tough but also ridiculous when you consider it's less than 2% of the overall capacity, hurry up Burswood!

I also missed out on the general admission sales so would love to know if there's any other way to get a ticket.
Kind of deflating spending $200 for a membership that you'd normally only use for 1 game and then you're denied a ticket to that game.

Hey Neville Bartos,

Yeah it certainly makes it difficult for our members with the club receiving such a small allocation compared to the size of our membership base in WA. We'd love for every one of our members to be there.

The Eagles have a seat resale program so at this stage I think these and any other seat holds they might have will be the only seats remaining. Keep an eye on Ticketmaster in the lead up to the game as something may become available.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Hawthorn are going to perth? You know the last time they came to brisbane? 2008. That's when.

HFC Official is it possible for the club to keep tabs on which member numbers got tickets in the WA ballot so that the following year the ones who missed out get first bite?

Hawthorn are going to perth? You know the last time they came to brisbane? 2008. That's when.

HFC Official is it possible for the club to keep tabs on which member numbers got tickets in the WA ballot so that the following year the ones who missed out get first bite?
That's pretty rough for Brisbanites. That was a cracking game back in 2008 too. From memory Buddy kicked 8 and Daniel Bradshaw kicked 7! A good ol' fashion shoot-out!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back