Official Club Stuff Official Hawthorn Club Account on Big Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

If a perth QF becomes a reality, could the club allow members who cant travel over to 'donate' their entitlement to a WA based hawk supporter to attend the game ?

Something similar to the recent reserved seat return a one off

Members would be happy to do that, but dont want to disclose their barcode with GF entitlement to a stranger.
Good idea Pess, people could actually communicate on here to arrange tix.
Maybe start a thread if it happens.
Rather than giving barcodes out, those who aren't going could buy the tickets & have them sent to the WA address of the buyer & the buyer could just do EFT to the seller.
There is a trust issue, but you'd like to think Hawks supporters wouldn't rip each other off

HFC Official, can you please ensure the club is better prepared for interstate games to let people know about training times?

I traveled to Perth with the family for the game last week and called the club regarding the open training session two days before. I was told it would start at 3:45pm and run for 90 minutes to 2 hours and that the players would be available at the end to sign autographs for the kids.

We got there at about 4:15pm (30 minutes into the session), with training already winding down, most players already off the track and a few walking the boundary (Burgers, Hill, Hodge, Smith, Duryea, McEvoy...) to sign autographs.

Fifteen minutes later it was all being wound up.

Thanks.
Sounds like you pretty much saw all there was to see CLA. They are always late out onto the ground & probably didn't come out til after 4oclock.
They don't really train, they just kick the footy around for 20/30 mins.
Most signed jumpers etc but some stayed out there longer than others. Brad Hill.

To get a signature you have to fight your way to the fence & hope for the best.

Good idea Pess, people could actually communicate on here to arrange tix.
Maybe start a thread if it happens.
Rather than giving barcodes out, those who aren't going could buy the tickets & have them sent to the WA address of the buyer & the buyer could just do EFT to the seller.
There is a trust issue, but you'd like to think Hawks supporters wouldn't rip each other off

The club might be able to do tempoary barcodes for one game. Maybe members can apply for one then email it to a WA based fan.

I was tempted to book a flight now while its still under $400 return. Time in the air is a bitch though

The club might be able to do tempoary barcodes for one game. Maybe members can apply for one then email it to a WA based fan.

I was tempted to book a flight now while its still under $400 return. Time in the air is a bitch though
Tell me bout it, I do it every year on the last weekend in Sept. ;)
1st weekend in Oct this year. But it's worth it.

Howdy HFC Official. With the talk of a fully fledged women's AFL competition - I was just wondering if Hawthorn FC is investigating fielding a team in any eventual competition?

Howdy HFC Official. With the talk of a fully fledged women's AFL competition - I was just wondering if Hawthorn FC is investigating fielding a team in any eventual competition?

Thanks for the query 89Adopter.

At this stage the women's AFL competition and the teams who have participated in games has been driven entirely by the AFL. If the opportunity arises for the club to be involved, we'd certainly look into it.

Thanks,
HFC Official

dear HFC Official,

I've raised this a number of times now and I do appreciate that our entire support staff (including the multi media crew) are focussed on the 'here
and now' of the current season and the trifling issue of winning more flags but the grossly out-dated and, at times, inaccurate data on our "history" page is now causing me embarrassment. :)

Please see post #100 on the following thread.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...st-for-a-3-peat-after-round-20.1057893/page-4

But seriously, if club resources don't allow for the information to be maintained properly, then maybe it'd be easier to just put in links to other sources which are most likely maintained immaculately by absolute Hawk/footy fanatics with nothing else to do.

eg: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawthorn_Football_Club#Records_and_achievements

http://afltables.com/afl/afl_index.html

cheers,

IdiotBox

dear HFC Official,

I've raised this a number of times now and I do appreciate that our entire support staff (including the multi media crew) are focussed on the 'here
and now' of the current season and the trifling issue of winning more flags but the grossly out-dated and, at times, inaccurate data on our "history" page is now causing me embarrassment. :)

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...st-for-a-3-peat-after-round-20.1057893/page-4

But seriously, if club resources don't allow for the information to be maintained properly, then maybe it'd be easier to just put in links to other sources which are most likely maintained immaculately by absolute Hawk/footy fanatics with nothing else to do.

eg: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawthorn_Football_Club#Records_and_achievements

cheers,

IdiotBox

I think Collingwood leads the way with their 'Forever' site. http://forever.collingwoodfc.com.au/

Very impressive.

So I do the right thing and purchase the Mighty Hawks through the club on the 13th (still waiting), costs me $60 after postage. Yesterday I walk in to Big W and its $33 - thanks Hawks will think twice next time

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I do the right thing and purchase the Mighty Hawks through the club on the 13th (still waiting), costs me $60 after postage. Yesterday I walk in to Big W and its $33 - thanks Hawks will think twice next time
I would normally say do click and collect but I see you in Perth. Are there Official AFL stores in Perth? I am pretty sure HawksNest may work through them

I would normally say do click and collect but I see you in Perth. Are there Official AFL stores in Perth? I am pretty sure HawksNest may work through them

I think there maybe a couple - quite a few have closed down. I realise there is nought to be done now but it's a lesson learnt.

Hi HFC Official. Assuming the ladder doesn't change and we play an away final, when do ticketing details for Hawks members become available? Is it again a ballot for WA members and what details for Victorian travelling over?

Thanks in advance, your help here is always greatly appreciated.

Nev

HFC Official,

Apologies if this has already been brought up already, I'm sure it has though, but the clash guernsey needs to be burned. It's a disgrace. Whoever designed it from Adidas clearly has no idea about the club or it's history. It's embarrassing watching our players run around wearing something that would not look out of place in the G&L mardi gras. The club gets 99% of things right but made a huge error on this one.

One other thing. BRING BACK THE NO.1!
It's time. The gimmick has worn off. There is no benefit whatsoever in keeping the no.1 guernsey from being worn. This whole 'fans are no.1' thing is bollocks. Billy Hartung in the one next year would be a thing if beauty.

Cheers

the number one fan is a program they helps cheer disadvantaged kids is is dying from cancer etc anyone that has helped the club etc why take something that gives joy to say someone with cancer etc away from them ! sorry but it is for a good cause and that is what Max wanted

Hi HFC Official. Assuming the ladder doesn't change and we play an away final, when do ticketing details for Hawks members become available? Is it again a ballot for WA members and what details for Victorian travelling over?

Nev
Nev, finals tix are done thru Ticketmaster/Ticketek.

Theoretically, it could be a 50/50 crowd as all members are able to buy tix.
No ballot.

How many WA members ?
I'm not sure Pess but we have a hell of a lot of supporters over here.

But any Hawks member would have just as much access to tix as WA members, which is why I said 'theoretically'

Hopefully we get a few on board as during H&A season, the WAFC only grant the visiting team 300 tix to allocate how they like.

dear HFC Official,

cheers,

IdiotBox

Thanks IdiotBox.

Recently a new Digital Media Manager started. I have let him know this afternoon that the records page is well out of date and about your post here.

We appreciate you, the BF Community and the fans that do take the time to maintain those pages.

Cheers,
HFC Official

Nev

Hi Neville Bartos,

An email was sent out to all members and non-members on our database today with information on Finals ticketing for Weeks 1-3.

Currently you can find all the relevant info here: www.afl.com.au/finals and it will be made available on the club website in our finals hub in the coming days.

Thanks,
HFC Official

HFC Official,

Apologies if this has already been brought up already, I'm sure it has though, but the clash guernsey needs to be burned. It's a disgrace. Whoever designed it from Adidas clearly has no idea about the club or it's history. It's embarrassing watching our players run around wearing something that would not look out of place in the G&L mardi gras. The club gets 99% of things right but made a huge error on this one.

One other thing. BRING BACK THE NO.1!
It's time. The gimmick has worn off. There is no benefit whatsoever in keeping the no.1 guernsey from being worn. This whole 'fans are no.1' thing is bollocks. Billy Hartung in the one next year would be a thing if beauty.

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback Isosceles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back