Official "Juice" Newton Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

As the newly crowned cult hero of the MFC, taking over from names such as Phil Read, Nick Smith, Craig Smoker and Darren Kowal, its time we paid tribute to the great man.

We'll baptise this thread with the mark taken in his 2 goal effort on the weekend.

[YOUTUBE]dCR4lbFtjFk[/YOUTUBE]

All Juice talk below, make your love for the great man be known. :thumbsu:

w00dy

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mine > Yours ;)

i call yours, and raise you this...

[youtube]txEG04agcQE[/youtube]

and the one thing i'm sure we all hope juice will have is a more successful career than the other names mentioned above... and i'm sure we're all confident he will...

CaptainDavey

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2005
The Shire
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea
We love you Juicy we do! *Chants Victory style*

He's going to be the savior of this football club. Once the great man moves on, he should be given the number 9 or 3.

Stand up for the Juice!

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good to see he showed a bit of physicallity on Sunday, flattened Brent Harvey once and later gave a way a goal I think but considering how crap we were I was impressed, showing some emotion the wrong way has to be better than doing nothing at all!

Did a lot of good work up the ground on the weekend but needs to be played out of the square for maximum effect IMO.

Get Neitz and Robbo out of his way and let him weave his magic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another pretty good game from Juice last night, getting ball all over the ground, the odd clearance, a nice pressure goal in the last quarter.

But the thing I was most impressed by was the aggro, hit Johnson not long after the Bell bump and was in the midst of the melees. Add that to the tackle last week where he hammered the guys head into the ground after winning the free kick and we have a player here.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Chance for Rising Star this week?

17 poss, 6 marks, 1 goal 1 behind

Thats on the back of his other good games too.
He has put the score on the board so to speak, too early to tell what others will produce. I think he should have got it when he took his huge mark, who cares what else he did the mark was worth a nomination alone, cop that Selwood!!!

demonfan9

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
No, I don't think he is as agile or quick as Franklin. Newton seems like he'll be more of a traditional "lead, mark, set shot" forward, whereas Franklin can rove packs, snap goals, work his opponent up the ground, etc...

dutchy12

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2004
Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
demons
No, I don't think he is as agile or quick as Franklin. Newton seems like he'll be more of a traditional "lead, mark, set shot" forward, whereas Franklin can rove packs, snap goals, work his opponent up the ground, etc...

He's more versatile than that, he went into the midfield against the Pies and picked up 17 possies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back