Manchester City FC Thread - Champions of England, Europe & The World

Remove this Banner Ad

i was slightly bemused at the decision to start kolarov too in a game that we would have to be defensively accountable for someone like hazard. clichy was exceptional in the last game, but i think pelle needs to learn that we can't just go gung ho in all games, it just won't work. this season really is just a learning curve though, and we're still in all 4 competitions, so it's barely doom and gloom. we had to lose eventually, and this might be the kick up the arse to spur us on for the rest of the season.

i think with jojo with have an adequate cover for kun and/or silva. he was fantastic after he came on. he likes to get involved in everything, danced around some players and laid some nice passes off. hopefully he's close to full fitness now.

BfotokECMAA_9Wn.png:large

41k per week deal apparently when his contracts on. * we could've done with him last night

BfotokECMAA_9Wn.png:large

41k per week deal apparently when his contracts on. **** we could've done with him last night

I presume that says he's coming to us. Add him and Zuculini for a couple of million, sell Garcia for £8m. Loan our or sell Rodwell for £8m and we've done well there.

Ideally the article says they've cancelled his contract and he's now a free agent.

Last edited:

So, a game in hand away from top spot in the league. Final of the league cup, last eight of the FA Cup and last 16 of the Champions League.

Not going all that bad really.

Cup games are going to cause postponements of the derby and Aston Villa games. To go with Sunderland we will end up three games behind the likes of Tottenham and Liverpool (only two games in hand if they beat Arsenal) who I expect to overtake us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So excited about this. Best team of my generation, and the best player in the game coming to little old City.

I have a pass out from mrs moomba tomorrow, so serious pissed up posting is a strong possibility.

dinho in the squad, kun isn't. disappointing, but as you say, dinho is more important

hart
zab vinny lescott clichy
yaya dinho garcia
nasri negredo silva

i'd like to see us go in with that. choke the midfield with dinho/garcia, and try to get it forward and rely on taking our chances. it's likely that barca will have more possession, but we need to be defensively tight and try to hit them on the counter. their defence is definitely a weak point, pique is just a poor footballer these days and there's a chance mascherano could miss. get it to negredo, hopefully he's fully fit and have him bully the defence.

I'd play Kolarov just for the threat he offers going forward against a suspect defence. Been pretty decent defensively as well this season.

I'd have 5 in the middle, Silva and Jovetic in attacking roles and Yaya, Fernandinho and Garcia behind. Beast up front by himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back