Manchester City FC Thread - Champions of England, Europe & The World

Remove this Banner Ad

BlhAeDMCQAAZfJb.png:large

some big names at the top there. our best centreback pairing missing 86% of playing time is just s**t.

luckily lescott hasn't been injured o_O

Surprised Jovetic, Micah and Rodwell are so low. Surprised Silva was that high, can't remember him missing any large chunks of the season. Vinny too, I know he's had a couple of stints out but 36% seems a bit much.

Would be interesting to see how we'd compare to others in the top 4.

Lot of soft tissue injuries in that lot too, which is something that needs to be sorted. Impact injuries are unavoidable, but soft tissue are a real worry.

You had all the neutrals going for ya, and ya stuffed it! :mad:

Nah, the press have been telling everyone for weeks that the world and his dog wants a scouse win.

Of course I haven't spoken to one person who isn't a Liverpool fan that agrees, but it might be a southern thing.

Saw our U21's got the win over City, 3-2. Were your U21's the team that went months without a defeat?

Yeah, but having a bad run. Lost in the U21 cup final to Reading last week as well. Still think we're likely to make the playoffs, but not 100% sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent. Don't think much was expected from the U21's this year, but a real achievement to make the top 4.

Play Chelsea in one semi, believe United v Liverpool is the other one.

is javi garcia the most improved player in the prem?

it seems like now he's speaking better english, confidence has come with it. he's continually put in some really good performances. he was outstanding yesterday. pre january we would've struggled big time with no dinho. javi now offered the protection to the back 4 we'd needed out of him. one thing i noticed was he was getting the ball passed to him a lot more in an attacking sense. it was great to see him last week too spraying the ball around in yaya's absence. i hope he starts the remaining games too. he's earnt it.

Big turnaround in three players who were pretty unpopular with the supporters.

Kolarov has been very good going forward, and hasn't done a lot wrong defensively. Demichelis has been in our top 3 players over the past three months. And Garcia has come in like a new player, has been excellent.

Ended up losing on penalties. Put in a really good game, but needed to be a bit more clinical with the chances we created. Was really impressed with Ambrose when he came on, not overawed at this level by any means (16 year old I think). Fofana good as well, but thre wasn't too many bad players from either side on the night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back