Manchester City FC Thread - Champions of England, Europe & The World

Remove this Banner Ad

http://beacityzen.mcfc.co.uk/

I have been emailing membership at the MCFC for about 6 years wondering why this type of membership wasn't available and well, here it is.

CTID.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
our eds has walked off during a game in eastern europe (surprise surprise) due to alleged racist abuse of seko fofana

Manchester City FC @MCFC · 14h
44. City down to ten men, Seko Fofana shown a straight red card for an off the ball incident.

Manchester City FC @MCFC · 14h
POSTPONED: The match has been called off.

Manchester City FC @MCFC · 10h
Manchester City's EDS U21 game with HNK Rijeka has today been cancelled due to an alleged incident of racial abuse… (1/6)

…toward the Club's young midfielder, Seko Fofana by a member of the opposing team. (2/6)

Following an alleged incident in the latter stages of the first half of the game, being played in Novigrad, Croatia… (3/6)

…a decision was taken by the management staff to withdraw the City team from the field of play and cancel the game. (4/6)

Club representatives in Croatia and in Manchester are liaising with officials, the match organisers… (5/6)

…and the Croatian Football Association to pursue this matter further. (6/6)

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...chester-citys-elite-development-squad-7483052

here comes that wet lettuce leaf.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood

http://beacityzen.mcfc.co.uk/

I have been emailing membership at the MCFC for about 6 years wondering why this type of membership wasn't available and well, here it is.

CTID.

I find it strange how the older you are, the more you pay, but the less freebies you get...?

I like the idea – I too, have been campaigning for it for a while – but the name "Cityzens" is a wank and I sure as hell wouldn't hold up a scarf that says that

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
HNK Rijeka, however, appear to have distanced themselves from speculation that one of their players made racist comments towards Fofana.

A statement on their website read: 'Manchester City coach Patrick Vieira entered the field, something was discussed with the referee, and then to the amazement of a well-filled stadium he took his team off the pitch. What are the reasons? They are known only to him.'

racism okay
spending money not okay

the fifa way.

4th time in 2 years one of our players have been racially abused. seko, devante cole, yaya and mario. when is anything actually going to be done?

I find it strange how the older you are, the more you pay, but the less freebies you get...?

I like the idea – I too, have been campaigning for it for a while – but the name "Cityzens" is a wank and I sure as hell wouldn't hold up a scarf that says that

I didn't see an age thing?

I just signed up for £40 including postage. I don't even know what I get...

Hi guys, with the season not too far away, the mods would like to start up a new thread for previewing each team's season ahead and we'd love to get your thoughts/answers on the questions below.

Instead of one poster doing a post for their club (and the subsequent scrolling through threads to find a specific preview), we are going to try and keep '1 post per club' (so if we get multiple responses for the same club, we will include them together in the same post) - similar to the format used here:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...iff-city-championship-preview-experts-7557542

link to thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/club-season-previews-14-15-season.1072350/

Questions: (feel free to answer as many/as few as you like).
  • How have you rated your team's preseason performances so far?
  • How have you rated your team's transfer business so far?
  • Which of your new players (if any) are you most excited by and why?
  • What fixture is your most highly anticipated this coming season and why?
  • Who do you think will be your most important player this season and central to your chances of success?
  • Who do you see as the biggest surprise packet player at your club (big improvers, hot young talent from the academy)?
  • What are your minimum expectations for the season ahead and how do you rate your chances? (final league position range, cup focuses, silverware chances? etc)
  • How safe do you think your manager's position is and what would it take for him to come under scrutiny/get the sack?
  • Best XI when squad fully available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How are City shaping up for the first game fellas? Any injuries? For us, looks like De Jong and Tiote might be touch and go and Cisse (debatable if in the first XI) is coming back and still a few weeks off.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
2-Mangala-gets-his-medical-MF3B2257.ashx

rig

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
How are City shaping up for the first game fellas? Any injuries? For us, looks like De Jong and Tiote might be touch and go and Cisse (debatable if in the first XI) is coming back and still a few weeks off.

didnt see this till now

kun, negredo and mangala are definitely out. everyone else is apparently fit.

didnt see this till now

kun, negredo and mangala are definitely out. everyone else is apparently fit.

Who do you think would start up front - Dzeko or Jovetic? (or both?) Jovetic has had a good preseason hasn't he?

For us, Tiote is almost certain to miss and De Jong is a 50/50 chance (doesn't help our chances of getting a result either - believe Siem scored a double against City 2 seasons ago?) :p

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Who do you think would start up front - Dzeko or Jovetic? (or both?) Jovetic has had a good preseason hasn't he?

For us, Tiote is almost certain to miss and De Jong is a 50/50 chance (doesn't help our chances of getting a result either - believe Siem scored a double against City 2 seasons ago?) :p

i presume it'll be

hart
zab vinny demi kolarov
yaydinho
nasri jojo silva
dzeko

and yes i remember well when siem tore us apart.

i presume it'll be

hart
zab vinny demi kolarov
yaydinho
nasri jojo silva
dzeko

and yes i remember well when siem tore us apart.

No Aguero and no Negredo and that team is still bloody scary - worried about how our CBs will go to be honest.

No Tiote and no De Jong (coupled with our recent record against City) and our chances are next to none :drunk: (Hopefully there is a degree of title hangover and the players play out of their skins for the 2 Toon fans who lost their lives in the MH17 tragedy).

Saw something that Hart might not be guaranteed the gloves for the opening game and that Caballero might get the nod - any truth you reckon there mate?

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Hope Jovetic actually has a good season (except against us). Was probably your best player in the Shield game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back