Competition OFFICIAL: Murray Bushrangers (TAC Cup) logo redesign for 2015 - Winners announced!

Remove this Banner Ad

Stumbled across something to do with the Murray Bushrangers tonight and learnt that somewhat interestingly, the winning logo was never used. Did the 'winners' here ever get their prizes? Another dagger in the heart of outside competitions if not.

The club is using the logo below, likely in-house – it's not bad per se, but there are a number of better designs in this thread. Note that the image I linked below is slightly cropped due to it being fit in a square Facebook profile picture.

10991040_326460150877436_5259674907458137614_n.jpg

A news post on their website from 21 October 2014 mentioned the following:

"The Murray Bushrangers are pleased to release their new LOGO for the 2015 Season and beyond. Following an online Competition and consultation with key staff members, marketing consultants and former players the new logo maintains the 'Old Bushranger' whilst modernising the format."

I really rate the current logo.

That logo is hard to beat.

Haha I doubt that's what they want to hear! Purple, black and yellow seem like strange colours but I reckon they work well in combination. In my opinion, the wordmarks on the current logo are pretty tired. But I guess the general theme of it could still be kept

So can we just change to font of 'Bushrangers' to that of 'Murray' and then we are done.
I blame the first four posts... :p

Rather than paint the Club in a bad light I think I should reword my initial post. The competition while having winners and prizes never guaranteed the use of the logo at the Club. I sifted back through my PM's and found a couple directed to guys like Andy Reid which mentioned prizes and what mailing addresses they should be posted to.

I should give the Club credit for the way they conducted themselves even though they didn't go with a design from here in the end; I apologise for any confusion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be curious to see whether guys got prizes, and if they did then that's great.

The top 3 logos as awarded were all better than the incumbent though.

Just shows though don't enter anything unless there is a guarantee of renumeration.

I've said it before and so have others, don't do it if you are unsure.
Yes, but you'd assume a team from the premier Under-18 comp in Australia would use it.

Yes, but you'd assume a team from the premier Under-18 comp in Australia would use it.

Not if they've been told to keep to a similar image by a higher power.

We do not know why they have chosen not to go with the winners............. do we?

Eastern Ranges were looking at a change a few seasons back but were told by AFL Victoria what they had was what they were to use.

Not if they've been told to keep to a similar image by a higher power.

We do not know why they have chosen not to go with the winners............. do we?

Eastern Ranges were looking at a change a few seasons back but were told by AFL Victoria what they had was what they were to use.
Yes, true. That does make sense. I just kinda feel sorry for Andy Reid

Perhaps for any new external comps there should always be a list of the "flop" comps provided as a reminder. Newbies will assume things are as stated, the rest of us have short memories or didn't experience all flops and the full disappointment of their floppiness.

I think after the Rockingham Flames debacle, Gibbsy has held a bit of a tighter rein on these sorts of things. That said, the school guernsey competition recently was a roaring success, with the contact regularly coming back and giving feedback and posting up the finished article on completion. If only they could all be like that.

The reason the school jumper one was a success was because it was requested by an actual member of the forum, and not someone that makes an account just to get us to make the competition. ashsta77 has tipped in the jumper tipping since the start of last year.

Just an update for those who have interest in the Indochina Bulldogs, another outside comp.
Currently, there has been no clear leadership on the committee to decide who will win.
Each committee member has a favourite.
They are chasing sponsorship by an overseas expat company for funds to make the jumper.
Good news is a jumper will be chosen, whether it will be this year or next, it is not clear.
I keep prompting with emails, it will take one person on the committee to stand up and say 'this is it', but no one wants to take the responsibility as yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back