Official Muse Thread - New album, 'Drones', out Now

Remove this Banner Ad

Will keep the teeny boppers away at least.

Pffft, sure. Origin of Symmetry was my favourite album 10 years ago when I was a young teen. These terrible lyrics will definitely appeal to similar "rebellious" teenage instincts.

I thought the song was pretty derivative and bland. Whatever they release cannot possibly be worse than the Resistance or the 2nd Law though, surely.

I don't get people who bitch about lyrics in songs like it's the only thing that matters.

I don't know about y'all but most of the time when I'm listening to music, I'm not sitting in a quiet room interested in discussing the philosophical meaning behind Johnny B Goode. "Go Johnny go"? But where is it he should go?

Good lyrics can make a song really good, but there's plenty of songs with great lyrics that are dull and uninteresting. And plenty of songs with "stupid" lyrics that are interesting. Not everything has to be an intellectual case study of 21st century life.

I like the song. I think seeing it done live will be epic. That's enough for me. You want words? Read a book.

I don't get people who bitch about lyrics in songs like it's the only thing that matters.

I don't know about y'all but most of the time when I'm listening to music, I'm not sitting in a quiet room interested in discussing the philosophical meaning behind Johnny B Goode. "Go Johnny go"? But where is it he should go?

Good lyrics can make a song really good, but there's plenty of songs with great lyrics that are dull and uninteresting. And plenty of songs with "stupid" lyrics that are interesting. Not everything has to be an intellectual case study of 21st century life.

I like the song. I think seeing it done live will be epic. That's enough for me. You want words? Read a book.
When did I imply that it's the only thing that matters?

The point I was making was that the lyrics appeal to the edgy teen crowd that hates "the system", so therefore the claim that it'll push away the teeny-bopper crowd doesn't hold merit. They're not nearly the main reason I dislike the song, though I do find them awful.

By the way, lyrics don't have to be 'intellectual' to be good. And to say that good lyrics add nothing to a song and that someone should just "read a book if they want words" is ridiculous.

When did I imply that it's the only thing that matters?

The point I was making was that the lyrics appeal to the edgy teen crowd that hates "the system", so therefore the claim that it'll push away the teeny-bopper crowd doesn't hold merit. They're not nearly the main reason I dislike the song, though I do find them awful.

By the way, lyrics don't have to be 'intellectual' to be good. And to say that good lyrics add nothing to a song and that someone should just "read a book if they want words" is ridiculous.
Teeny boppers - preteen girls screaming like its a One Direction concert. Noticeable more and more of them at Muse concerts.

Reasons - Heavier music with decent swearing. Mum and dad may not allow them to come.

Teeny boppers - preteen girls screaming like its a One Direction concert. Noticeable more and more of them at Muse concerts.

Reasons - Heavier music with decent swearing. Mum and dad may not allow them to come.

What is the issue with teeny boppers at Muse concerts? They're paying their money. I would have thought that generation should be applauded for listening to bands like Muse and not manufactured bubblegum pop s**t.

What is the issue with teeny boppers at Muse concerts? They're paying their money. I would have thought that generation should be applauded for listening to bands like Muse and not manufactured bubblegum pop s**t.

That's a good point but that Twilight thing really threw some people off.
I was at the concert before last and it was awkward. The last one at Rod Laver had all but got rid off some that didn't know what they were in for.

I was surprised just how old the general concert goer was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want to see them at the concerts I go to. I'm sure they don't want to see me at a 1D concert bopping around either.

That's a good point but that Twilight thing really threw some people off.
I was at the concert before last and it was awkward. The last one at Rod Laver had all but got rid off some that didn't know what they were in for.

I was surprised just how old the general concert goer was.

The Twilight soundtracks had a lot of awesome bands on them, if they're the gateway to a better choice in music for teenagers I'm not fussed. I was at the Radiohead show in Sydney a couple of years back and I didn't see one tweener desperate to get close to Thom Yorke (I'm aware how much that statement is open to interpretation).

Muse makes music that appeals to that demographic, who's to blame if more kids want to go? Them or the band?

The Twilight soundtracks had a lot of awesome bands on them, if they're the gateway to a better choice in music for teenagers I'm not fussed. I was at the Radiohead show in Sydney a couple of years back and I didn't see one tweener desperate to get close to Thom Yorke (I'm aware how much that statement is open to interpretation).

Muse makes music that appeals to that demographic, who's to blame if more kids want to go? Them or the band?

Society.

I don't want to see them at the concerts I go to. I'm sure they don't want to see me at a 1D concert bopping around either.

That's not your choice. It's a tad elitist if you ask me.

Fact is, you wouldn't see them there when Muse were at their best. The band started making music that appealed to a wider demographic, it's no coincidence that they started selling out stadiums once they did this.

That's not your choice. It's a tad elitist if you ask me.

Fact is, you wouldn't see them there when Muse were at their best. The band started making music that appealed to a wider demographic, it's no coincidence that they started selling out stadiums once they did this.

Ok dad.

I'm only four years older than you :(

I still don't like that Psycho song either. The drill sergeant bit makes me ill.

I still don't like your face but I put up with it.

I still don't like your face but I put up with it.

Surprised you don't like tweens at Muse concerts when you banter on the same level as them.

Not sure where they're going to fit Madness, Guiding Light etc amongst these tracks.

Seems as though the new tour is going to be heavy.... which is good.

Madness is an epic song so I hope they still play that.

Can do without Guiding Light and Undisclosed Desires though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back