Official Muse Thread - New album, 'Drones', out Now

Remove this Banner Ad

I've had it for several weeks now.

I think Matt and Mutt may have had more than just the one run-in. :)

Yep, Mutt Lange is a ball breaker & perfectionist, My brother's checked out Def Leppard rehearsal in L.A back in 2001, Phil Collen & Joe Elliot came into starbucks during a break & they invited them back to watch them rehearse, Joe said Mutt made them take 6months to record love bites.

I'm afraid we got the best of it early and some more tripe inter-spread throughout.

Not sure why they do this continually, when they don't really need to.
Do you have any reasoning for this?

We still have the 10 minute epic to come yet.

Yep the first 6 songs are pretty good, after that I'm not sure what to make & they could grow a bit more.

Drones is probably the most unusual track that Muse have ended any of their albums so far.

Had a listen.

Muse steering away from Muse again. Aftermath is O.K. as a song............just not a Muse one.

Revolt is.....well revolting?
Ugh I hate this logic. Bands change. People who expect them to keep making the same types of songs forever can be annoying.

Ugh I hate this logic. Bands change. People who expect them to keep making the same types of songs forever can be annoying.

I totally agree mate, One good thing is they don't keep churning out the same old sound, Doesn't help when their first few albums were so solid as well I guess, Fans just keep expecting what they want from the band.

You can still have a signature without resorting to turn over the same tunes.
I don't think that Revolt in particular, has any Muse signature whatsoever and a few of the tracks could have clearly been better but Matt went USA safe.

Anyway, I don't particularly care for every song to be terrific as it's the context that they're used in the shows that really interests me.
Should be a good one next time around

All in all, it's not a bad album and there are a few tracks that will kill live....Reapers, The Handler, Psycho, Defector and probably even Mercy and Aftermath.
That may not be such a bad result from that point of view. Globalist though may be tough to re-produce but media said the same about Knights...........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I needed one vocal verse and 2 more minutes of riffage outa the metal part of the globalist, to have just 2 minutes of that in the middle is quite frankly anticlimatic and makes it seem out of place. If anything take that out and make an entire song with it, leave Explorers Pt II to it's own devices. But I am loving defector

It's hard to get your head around the whole and the somewhat non-cohesive parts but it's best parts are very good.

Agree about Defector..................It's so crazy that it somehow works. :)
Defector is great.

I needed one vocal verse and 2 more minutes of riffage outa the metal part of the globalist, to have just 2 minutes of that in the middle is quite frankly anticlimatic and makes it seem out of place. If anything take that out and make an entire song with it, leave Explorers Pt II to it's own devices. But I am loving defector
So you're saying it should be insane live?

The Globalist is so disappointing...

Given it a couple of run-throughs now and must say, that I find it anything but disappointing.
That jarring end transition is in keeping in with the theme of the story and makes sense for that reason.
Really want to see where it goes when played live.

Take Revolt out of the album and the whole thing is quite cohesive.

Aftermath has really grown on me as well, find it quite beautiful to be honest. And the Globalist has also made more sense to me now. Love it for what it is. Upon first listen I guess I expected a straight out '10 minute prog rock nightmare' as Matt called it. But it really is another exogenesis, in all the best ways possible. Really loving this album now. Revolt doesn't do it for me...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back