Official Muse Thread - New album, 'Drones', out Now

Remove this Banner Ad

Aftermath is just a cut and paste Bryan Adams ballad. It sounds pleasant, but it's not at all interesting. I can't believe it's on the same album as Reapers and The Handler.

Drones is a minute too long. It is just way too long for what it is, which you're right, is basically an appendage for The Globalist.

'The Handler' is so close to brilliant, but it features the most boring minute in the middle. Instead of building and launching into a massive riff, solo or breakdown, it's just a a straightforward tapping instrumental that switches drum beat partway through. Grrrr.

Otherwise, I'm thrilled with 'Reapers' and 'Defector', and they should be live staples well after this tour.

'The Handler' is so close to brilliant, but it features the most boring minute in the middle. Instead of building and launching into a massive riff, solo or breakdown, it's just a a straightforward tapping instrumental that switches drum beat partway through. Grrrr.

Otherwise, I'm thrilled with 'Reapers' and 'Defector', and they should be live staples well after this tour.

I actually love the tapping solo in the middle. It's more an extending bridge instead of a regular solo, and it really does build to some fantastic vocals and intense chords at the end. For me at least, it totally works and is anything but boring. But each to their own, it's probably my favourite muse song since Knights

Aftermath is just a cut and paste Bryan Adams ballad. It sounds pleasant, but it's not at all interesting. I can't believe it's on the same album as Reapers and The Handler.

Drones is a minute too long. It is just way too long for what it is, which you're right, is basically an appendage for The Globalist.

I like Aftermath...............I know I shouldn't but the introduction and the build sets it up beautifully for me.
It's quite nicely layered and I feel that most tracks have a similar type production layering that makes you come back to them............except for Psycho and Revolt. I don't care for Psycho being a straight up rocker as it will serve it's purpose live but Revolt............O.K. O.K.........I won't mention it again. :)

Just listening to the album for the first time, literally just heard the solo in The Handler for the first time. I agree that it doesn't really do enough, could be an epic build up, but its just a bit too the same the whole way through.

Still, really enjoying the album. After Psycho and Dead Inside were release I had some real doubts that I'd fallen for their hype again and it'd be a let down, but (so far) this is definitely their best effort since BH&R, which is my personal favourite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite the fairly terrible lyrics (seems like something straight out of a high school English paper to me), I keep finding myself listening to this album.

The music has gotten me hooked, and even though I don't really like the concept, Matt seems to bring enough energy to make it work.

I generally enjoy listening to concept albums, as they usually seem to be able to bring the music together into one cohesive unit.

Ok fanboy. Give it a rest. It's a killer album and better thN their rinse repeat bullshit they produce these days.
Ah yes. One cannot hold a contrary opinion to your wise indie self without being a fanboy.

How's Northcote this morning?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back