Official Muse Thread - New album, 'Drones', out Now

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not about going back, it's about never changing, and they haven't. It's formulaic repetitive bullshit. But please, don't let my opinion get in the way of your adoration.
I think this album is as close to Showbiz as they have done. Showdiz being my fav muse album as well.

I wasn't a fan of the last one. Only liked 2 or 3 songs. I think this is the least comercial album done in a good while.

I think this album is as close to Showbiz as they have done. Showdiz being my fav muse album as well.

I wasn't a fan of the last one. Only liked 2 or 3 songs. I think this is the least comercial album done in a good while.
I enjoyed the last album. I liked 5-6 songs off the top of my head and not many off Showbiz.
I don't know, I guess our views on this might be different as I only started getting into Muse in the last couple of years.

I enjoyed the last album. I liked 5-6 songs off the top of my head and not many off Showbiz.
I don't know, I guess our views on this might be different as I only started getting into Muse in the last couple of years.
Yeah I've listened to them since the 90s.

The Handler pushing hard to be my favourite on the album.

Yes it's a great song.

Matt seemed to struggle quite a lot vocally in that performance though. Will come with more shows though.

Been listening to showbiz a lot recently do. Really think it is massively underrated. Escape, Showbiz, Uno, Sunburn and of course Muscle Museum are all fantastic tracks.

Been a huge Muse fan for years, lost a bit of passion when The Resistance and T2L were released, for everyone saying "bands need to evolve", I'm all for bands evolving but there's a difference between evolving and turning to crap. Was so excited when Matt came out and declared the band are going " back to basics " for their 7th album, concentrating on the fundamentals that made them so great, guitar, bass, drums.
Just listened to the new album twice. What a massive letdown. There's a few tracks that are pretty good, sounding a little like the "old" Muse I.E Psycho, The Handler, Reapers is ok. But they are ruined by cringe worthy lyrics and a over exaggerated concept. These tracks are surrounded by forgettable trash, worst track being Revolt.
Yes, boys, we get the idea that you are making an album about drones. Why must you stuff that concept down our throats in every single track. I swear I heard the word drones in every song, so cringy. It's like they're trying to copy Pink Floyd's The Wall and sing about the Government. That's not Muse.
For 3 guys with so much damn talent, how have they released 3 mediocre, sloppy, forgettable albums in a row?!

Cave is where it's at. Massively underrated.

Was hoping for a tour announcement shortly. Looks like their touring schedule is booked up until atleast June 2016. Could be quite sometime before they grace our shores. :(
Yeah I had a look the other day and no mention of an Aus tour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was hoping for a tour announcement shortly. Looks like their touring schedule is booked up until atleast June 2016. Could be quite sometime before they grace our shores. :(
Probably December '16.

As Loony said, we're traditionally* the December in the year after the album comes out.

*I say based on The Resistance and The 2nd Law at least

The setlist is good and the older tracks are sounding great.............bass here through the outro is something else.

That is eargasmic. Seen Muse three times now, but they been lucky enough to see Assassin on a set lost. Would be very happy if they played that on an Aussie tour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back