Mega Thread Official Swans Pre Season "Training The House Down" Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, historically our best 22 dont actually start playing until round 4 or 5
Not always true. 2012 started out great. We won our first 5 games.

We all know what happened that year.

The blokes 24 this year, hed wanna pull his finger out

ruckmen do not start their careers until at least 22 so he isn't that far back. I have only seen few that were exposed to AFL footy as 19 yo. Sean Rehn, Nic Nat come to mind but young ruckmen debuting is rare these days.

ruckmen do not start their careers until at least 22 so he isn't that far back. I have only seen few that were exposed to AFL footy as 19 yo. Sean Rehn, Nic Nat come to mind but young ruckmen debuting is rare these days.
Even still, hes been in our system a long time now, if he doesnt provide anything this year, the club will lool really silly for that 3 year extension

Has he really done much so far to show he is better than Dan Currie, who was on our list for 5 years and continues to be a marginal proposition?

Has he really done much so far to show he is better than Dan Currie, who was on our list for 5 years and continues to be a marginal proposition?
I for one cannot justify the contract he was given. I could understand if he showed flashes in his one and only game and then faded with fitness, at least then you have something to build on, but he was deplorable against the tigers. Im not one for overtly bashing swans players , but he did nothing impressive during that game. Nankervis has shown a hell of alot more imo

Look he got that 1 possession against the Tigers or Bombers or whatever so.....yeh nah, I don't see why 3 years. 1 or maybe 2 sure but 3?

I for one cannot justify the contract he was given. I could understand if he showed flashes in his one and only game and then faded with fitness, at least then you have something to build on, but he was deplorable against the tigers. Im not one for overtly bashing swans players , but he did nothing impressive during that game. Nankervis has shown a hell of alot more imo
He's really, really tall though.

He is better than Currie at NEAFL level when he is on the park. He is much more mobile than Currie, a better kick and can kick a very good goal. He has played one game Currie didn't play a game.

He plays Tigers. He is 21 and is playing Ivan Maric, who at the time was the form ruckman in the AFL. It is his first game and he has to take first ruck. He was not nursed into second ruck like any other rookie would have been. First ruck against, at the time, the best ruckman in the league. Got smashed, even i could have and did predict that. Stupid playing him first ruck so early in his development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currie has had one the more amazing AFL careers, what is it now, 9 years on a AFL list collecting a healthy earner every year and just three senior appearances. Now he's on the GOLD Coast list - he's pulled one of the great con jobs!

But I hope he makes the grade at his third club, Gold Coast.

Currie has had one the more amazing AFL careers, what is it now, 9 years on a AFL list collecting a healthy earner every year and just three senior appearances. Now he's on the GOLD Coast list - he's pulled one of the great con jobs!

Personally I reckon he is third inline there behind Nicholls and Brooksby. Though they would be easier to pass then Goldy

He can't be very tall for a ruck. He walked passed me at the EFL GF last year and was only a bit taller than me and certainly not imposing at all.

Does anyone know why we dont get the rugby tackling coaches in for pre season anymore. I remember a few years back we were doing alot of training with rugby league teams and i vaguely remember a wallabies tackle coach helping out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back