Official Team Thread Official Team Thread - Western Woodpeckers (2013/14)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll help out if you need
It's alright. I've got most things done it's just that I won't be in at all tomorrow because of the Port game, so Sunday is a bit difficult.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The B&F night should kick off around 7:30pm Adelaide time. So all you non-Adelaideians work it out.

Also, after plenty of behind the scenes discussion, the best and fairest player will be awarded the BoshtrichBurger Medal. Other awards up for grabs tonight are the Test Player of the Year, One Day Player of the Year, Best Team Man Award, BoshtrichBurger Memorial Trophy (Coaches Award) and the leading wicket and runscorer for both Test and One Day.

DREAM TEAM BUFF Danger in Texas spookism MoOP Greater Gattsby HARPSichord stewie griffen TheFreshBanana Spadge Modbury_Hawk_12 DemonJim Son of Skeletor Slippery Pete nbaman1

2013/14 Western Woodpeckers Best and Fairest
woodpeckers-png.9857

Welcome one and all to the Western Woodpecker night of nights. Tonight we find out who will be awarded the inaugural BoshtrichBurger Medal as the best and fairest player for the Western Woodpeckers 2013/14 Season. In a topsy turvy season for the Peckers, one player or players stood up in the good times and the bad. And this person will get their just desserts tonight.

Also tonight we will be awarding the Test Player of the Year, One Day Player of the Year, Best Team Man Award, BoshtrichBurger Memorial Trophy (Coaches Award) and the leading wicket and run scorer for both Test and One Day.

So grab your wives, wags, misses, girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, fathers, mothers, brothers, lady men, sisters and your neighbours friends mums sisters uncles cat and enjoy the night.

woodpeckers-png.9857
First award for the night is the Test Leading Run Scorer. This individual absolutely dominated in the test scene with the bat scoring a massive 1,312 runs with a high score of 146 along with 9 50's and 2 100's. Not only did he score high scores, he did it consistently with an average of an impressive 52.5. Congratulations MoOP on an impressive season with the bat.

Code:
Western Woodpeckers 2012/13 Test Leading Run Scorer

Member of One PAFC   1312          
spookism             1214  
BoshtrichBurger      1122
DemonJim              949
Danger in Texas       827    
TheFreshBanana        712
Son of Skeletor       530
Smartys Power         243
HARPSichord           184
DREAM TEAM BUFF       161 
NM Design             124
Modbury_Hawk_12       113
stewie griffin         96
nbaman1                 8

Now that MoOP has finally gotten off the stage, it's time for some me time. As we present the Test Leading Wicket Taker. This fella has been consistent in his wicket taking all season, constantly around the top 10 in the competition. Nearly pipped at the post by fellow quick, Greater Gattsby (NM Design), Smartys Power can chuck the Test Leading Wicket Taker trophy in his pocket with a grand total of 61 wickets. Congratulations Smartys Power.

Code:
Western Woodpeckers 2012/13 Test Leading Wicket Taker

Smartys Power       61
NM Design           59
DREAM TEAM BUFF     42
stewie griffin      36
HARPSichord         20
Son of Skeletor     18
Modbury_Hawk_12      4

Last edited:
woodpeckers-png.9857
While we are on a roll we may as well move to the One Day Leading Run Scorer and One Day Leading Wicket Taker.

This guy was by far the best individual performer for the Woodpeckers with the bat during the One Dayers. More often than not, this bloke was the highest run scorer for the Woodpeckers when they went out for battle. Unfortunately for him he was unable to get the ton. He scored 549 runs with a healthy average (which I am unaware of at this stage) along with 5 50's. Congratulations to DemonJim.

Code:
Western Woodpeckers 2012/13 One Day Leading Run Scorer

DemonJim            549
BoshtrichBurger     466
TheFreshBanana      449
Member of One PAFC  448
Danger in Texas     443
Spadge              358
spookism            225
Son of Skeletor     221
HARPSichord          92 
NM Design            51
Smartys Power        44
nbaman1              42 
Sliperry Pete        34    
Modbury_Hawk_12      34   
stewie griffin       19 
DREAM TEAM BUFF      12

This guy was sensational throughout the year with the ball. He didn't always bring out a huge bag of wickets but he was consistently grabbing 2 and 3 whilst staying economical and played a crucial role in leading the Peckers to the finals. He was pipped at the post in the Test by Smartys Power but this wasn't to be the case this time around, edging out his fellow quick by 1 wicket. So with 27 wickets for the season, I'd like to congratulate Greater Gattsby (NM Design).

Code:
Western Woodpeckers 2012/13 One Day Leading Wicket Taker

NM Design           27
Smartys Power       26
DREAM TEAM BUFF     14
Son of Skeletor     11
stewie griffin       9
HARPSichord          9
Modbury_Hawk_12      2

Congratulations to these two who both should feature strongly in the One Day Player of the Year Award.

Last edited:
Leaderboard Rounds 1-3

Code:
Smartys Power         24
DREAM TEAM BUFF       15      
Spadge                13    
Member of One PAFC    11 
TheFreshBanana        10 
BoshtrichBurger        8
DemonJim               7
Danger in Texas        6  
Slippery Pete          5
spookism               4
Son of Skeletor        3  
stewie griffin         1 
HARPSichord            1
NM Design              0
Modbury_Hawk_12        0
nbaman1                0

If you are wondering, what the **** is up with the votes? Then let me explain. 3 of us how are in the Leadership group (DREAM TEAM BUFF, DemonJim and myself) voted a 3-2-1 each. Hence the weird looking numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back