Official Club Stuff Official: Tom Boyd officially a Bulldog for Griffen & Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone considered that he needs to earn his spot in the team first before we start talking about how many goals he will kick...?

Arhh no. This is bigger than him needing to earn his spot. This is about giving members hope, creating excitment, getting 50/50 supporters on board. The club need to run with this as much as possible.

He will play from round 1 make no mistake about that. A goal or two a game and a big target is all we really need. Supporters will be patient but they want to see him.

Keep in mind there is a good chance Cameri wont be there in round 1.

I'd take the pressure right off him and allow his body to develop into a shape that can withstand sustained and robust contact. I want to see that he has surety of movement, agility in landing and turning, and can maintain pace. I would expect nothing of him for a year, as he will be working hard on developing his forward craft (at Footscray, if necessary) and acclimatising to our forward line. I would not ask him to be the focal point until we are certain he has the fitness and awareness to be very confident in his body. My concern is, if we expect too much of him and play him too early, his body may suffer as well as his confidence. I want him to be gradually developed, as we have with other players, so that he is really match hardened and raring to go when he makes his debut for us.

I'd say that a pass mark would be in the 15-20 goals range. Get him settled in and you can't expect a ton out of a 19yo KPF. That should come down to hopefully about 1, maybe 1.5 goals a game if we're lucky.

Has anyone considered that he needs to earn his spot in the team first before we start talking about how many goals he will kick...?

IMO he will play most games next year (unless injury) with a few rests here and there. And whilst only a second year player will immediately provide more than Jones did.

I'd have him kicking half the goals that Crammers does. If Crameri can kick 35-40, then I'd expect Boyd to kick 15-20. If Stringer can kick 30, then Boyd will kick 20ish. If these three can combine for 80 goals next year, that'll be a great result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we've seen that horrible photo of Griffen in a GWS top and I spewed when I saw Cooney in that horrible red and black, where the publicity photos of Boyd in RW+B?

As long as he is better than Jones he has a pass for me!

Jones' stats in 2014
  • Games Played 10
    • Kicks 5.9
    • Handballs 4.1
    • Disposals 10.0
    • Marks 3.5
    • Hit-Outs 1.3
    • Tackles 1.9
    • Goals 1.2
    • AFL Fantasy 51.4

• Scoring. 19 goals, 12 behinds.
I think Boyd will do better than that.

So we've seen that horrible photo of Griffen in a GWS top and I spewed when I saw Cooney in that horrible red and black, where the publicity photos of Boyd in RW+B?
This is from his instagram account from 2 days ago. Surfing trip in Indonesia.

246ncs1.jpg

As awesome as it looks, that s**t is scary. Knee injury waiting to happen :eek:

246ncs1.jpg

Boyd doesn't get knee injuries. Knees get Boyd injuries.

This is why I shouldn't have internet access when I'm tired.

Pass mark
Coleman 100 goals
Norm smith 5 goals kicked
Afl grand final winner
That's a little bit far-fetched. If he didn't win the Norm Smith, but contributed, then i'd be prepared to say we give him another season.

246ncs1.jpg

Herald Sun - BULLDOGS AND BOYD BROUGHT TO THEIR KNEES AFTER SHARK ATTACK

Probably just as well Macca is gone. He'd have Boyd playing CHB in the VFL most of the season so can learn how to be a forward and iron out a few things in his game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back