OFFICIAL TRADE: Welcome to Hawthorn, JOSH GIBSON

Remove this Banner Ad

091005_gibson246d.jpg

Re: OFFICIAL: Goodbye from the Hawthorn Board, davis_24

Cannot believe what i have just heard Josh gibson after meeting clarko wants out of hawthorn... I can honestly say there will be a straight swap involiving Josh Gibson to Collingwood for Allan Toovey am in shock

Edited post title for accuracy.

I reckon it has.

Remember also the Norf boys saying "over-rated, no spot for him....hack etc....had to play midfield....good riddance etc...."

Check the B&F for Norf.....Gibbo - 5th........

Yeah, might hold some credibility if Swallow hadnt taken it out.

I dont think Hawthorn have done themselves any favours here, picked up a third tall and thrown away a second round pick.

It's a band-aid solution to a major area of concern.

Thought we overpaid a bit.

Pick 25 seemed fair enough (for a former rookie listed player) and there were no other suitors from other clubs.

This trade could have waited until later this week.

However, not hugely disappointed, and Gibson will be useful.

Would prefer the Hawks made a play for Lake or Tarrant.

Very good outcome for both parties concerned.

The disappointment with Gibbo was in the way he handled it - text message, and then out of the country, etc. And it looks bad, but who knows what went on deeper than that. Before that he was a top bloke.

I wouldn't say he was surplus to our needs, but we did well without him in defence this year, and IMO he wasn't showing signs of being a very good midfielder. With Wells, JWS and Ziebell to come back, and the defence settled, maybe he saw an opportunity to really carve himself a niche with you guys, and not much of a chance with us.

I think he'll complement your defence very well. He's not the answer to all of the problems, and god knows he's been torn apart something shocking at times. But he's a smart user of the ball, and a cool head under pressure, can play tall and small, is versatile. He's very handy and I think would've still demanded a spot in our best 22 regardless of the structure changes.

Having said this, he belongs in defence, and will shine with you guys.

Best of luck for 2010. With a few less injuries and smart trades, you'll be back up there where you belong :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The disappointment with Gibbo was in the way he handled it - text message, and then out of the country, etc. And it looks bad, but who knows what went on deeper than that. Before that he was a top bloke.

I wouldn't say he was surplus to our needs, but we did well without him in defence this year, and IMO he wasn't showing signs of being a very good midfielder. With Wells, JWS and Ziebell to come back, and the defence settled, maybe he saw an opportunity to really carve himself a niche with you guys, and not much of a chance with us.

I think he'll complement your defence very well. He's not the answer to all of the problems, and god knows he's been torn apart something shocking at times. But he's a smart user of the ball, and a cool head under pressure, can play tall and small, is versatile. He's very handy and I think would've still demanded a spot in our best 22 regardless of the structure changes.

Best of luck for 2010. With a few less injuries and smart trades, you'll be back up there where you belong :thumbsu:

Quality post, good to hear a North supporter being realistic about this trade and not take pot shots at Gibson now that he is no longer a North player.

Gibson has shown he is a very good defender and will fit in nicely with the Hawks.

Cheers for the balanced view:thumbsu: Think it was a good trade for both clubs, not the messiah, a good footballer:cool: Picks 25 +41 not gold but not shite:cool:

He will definitely fill a hole in defence, however just wondering..

Do you think he's guaranteed a spot every week?

Welcome aboard Josh Gibson:thumbsu:

Some of North Melbourne Supporters are wishing him luck by hoping he does his ACL and calling him names. What Morons

have the money hungry scum not worth the money u guys are paying him average footballer i hope we get 2 kids who are 10 times better than him in the long run

It hurts. You guys had no idea.

bang! he's gone.

but you have hope.

What is it? 5 picks in the top 41 :rolleyes: sounds good .... i guess..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back