OFFICIAL TRADE: Welcome to Hawthorn, JOSH GIBSON

Remove this Banner Ad

Go back to your club with no home.

Ask the people from the Gold Coast who pulled the DOG ACT on them bozo!
See, it's these type of posts which make no sense at all. Arden st is our home. We don't want to go to the Gold Coast. It's funny because it seems you think we now want to head to the Gold Coast? Ha.

All right..Then piss of you mut, becasue you dont belong here:mad:

Josh Gibson I have posted this twice previous and will for one last time.

If you hit on any of the players missus, like you did grand final day 2005, not only will I personally come and give you a serve, but in a club like the Hawks you will be quicker on the outer than a Wayne Carey at LAx.

If you get this somewhere you know what I mean.

Now heads down and play good footy:thumbsu:
OK, I'll admit I have no idea wtf you mean with that Grand Final statement.

Care to elaborate?

SweetLeftFoot you're full of s**t.

You think there was no spot for Gibson? He would be your best defender. He takes Buddy, he takes Riewoldt and Fevola. Talk about sour grapes stop having a sook you lost an A-grade defender and you will concede the most goals against in 2010. This year you had 2 solid defenders - Gibson, Grima.

All you north supporters are a bunch of sooks and the way you all carry on about Gibson will just make it sweeter when the Hawks and 14 other teams beat you by 15 goals next year.

Enjoy the draft picks.

I'm pretty pumped bout Gibbo joining but if you think he is an A Grade defender then you are kidding yourself and will be soon disappointed.

He wasn't a very good player. Thompson and Grima took his spot. Thompson and Grima are better. Yes, Gibson is good but he's practically a third tall defender, you lose them and you dont lose out much. Good luck, but he aint "very good" he's just good.

And shepp, Thompson is much better than Grima and Gibson. Much better. He came second in the Bnf, higher than Gibson. Yes, Gibson took some of the games elite forwards, but after round 12 or so, he was pushed out and Thompson and Grima took them on and beat the majority.

And he isn't an A Grade defender, stop being an idiot. He;s a good serviceable defender. He will do you good but he is very much replaceable.

It's very difficult for a defender to come across as a good player. If they're solid and reliable you just don't notice them. If they're brilliant (scarlett, lake) you notice them, if they're hacks (watt, thurstons, maxwell of previous years) you notice them.

The fact that Gibson had been noted for his defensive skill is a big rap for a guy. Hell, having a defender so high up in your B&F shows how good the guy is!

For example:
How many teams had a defender in their top 5? Top 2 after 16 rounds?

You think there was no spot for Gibson? He would be your best defender. He takes Buddy, he takes Riewoldt and Fevola. Talk about sour grapes stop having a sook you lost an A-grade defender and you will concede the most goals against in 2010. This year you had 2 solid defenders - Gibson, Grima.

All you north supporters are a bunch of sooks and the way you all carry on about Gibson will just make it sweeter when the Hawks and 14 other teams beat you by 15 goals next year.

Enjoy the draft picks.

Have to disagree with you there mate - yes, he was extremely handy, and I do agree that he was a good matchup for the likes of Buddy etc. But I don't think he was our best defender, and I do think he can be pretty easily covered.

If one of Grima or Thompson goes down, then **** we'll miss him for sure. I think we get ahead of ourselves too: it's really only this year that Grima and Thommo have been good, so most of us have pencilled in the defence as 'settled'. But really, they're young guys, and they might be erratic next year, and we might be looking for a player like Gibbo.

But yeah, will be glad to see him kill it in his rightful position, and not be 'putrid' in the midfield :p I just really hope our defence is everything we think it will be, 'cause we'll miss him is it isn't!

You dont actively chase and then trade for a guy who you dont think will play every week. Are you serious?:eek: Trade week is not about making Box Hill stronger!

yeah i'm serious that it was a QUESTION, not a fact.

I was interested, as their was lots of tooing and froing in defence this year, and am not convinced it won't be the same next year, croad back withstanding.

Just wanted some opinions.

I'm still amazed at the level of hatred coming Gibson's way. Is it simply because he wanted to play at Hawthorn?

Sure, no-one likes to lose a good player, but I'm seeing comments from North guys hoping he does an ACL. :thumbsdown: With comments like that, perhaps he wanted out because he was being abused by the
"fans" ?

Either way, we've got a defender, North have two picks they can use on kids "who desperately want to be at North"

One person said he wanted Josh to do an ACL and that person was promptly shouted down by the rest of the North board and then withdrew the remark.

As regards going to you, no, its not that.

Adam Simpson announced he was going to you guys and everybody wished him the best. He was invited to our B=F and made a great speech and passed on his number to Ziebell. Adam will always be welcome at North.

But then, Adam is a genuine, sincere bloke liked by all.

Josh Gibson is not.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Tell me any young draftee is going to look at all 16 teams and say "yep, NORTH is the team I want to join".

Hmmmmm. It depends. If they are preening up themselves showpony, then they might want the glamour. And we don't want them.

A young bloke with his head stuck on right who wants to play footy and be successful would look at a club with a brand new facility, a talented young list, a talented young coach and a great culture and think 'Yep, I'll be a part of that'.

Put it this way, I honestly doubt North would be at the bottom of the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoy the draft picks.

This year Lachie Hansen was caning it at CHB before getting injured and found good form late in the season. Grima has been sensational and Thompson excellent too. Add to that Scotty McMahon cementing his place and Brady Rawlings finding form minding small forwards and we have a very settled and with the exception of Rawlings, young defence.

Josh is a good player and has had some great successes - notably against Buddy.

He's also been torn apart on occasions - I'd refer you to the second half of the 2008 Elim against the Swans.

Neither side got one over the other with this deal. Its fair and works for both sides.

Neither side got one over the other with this deal. Its fair and works for both sides.

Yep, and it's time to move on. Gibson is not nearly as bad a footballer as North supporters have decided since he was leaving and he isn't Trent Croad either. He's a good AFL footballer who fills a need. Fair deal both parties happy.

One person said he wanted Josh to do an ACL and that person was promptly shouted down by the rest of the North board and then withdrew the remark.

As regards going to you, no, its not that.

Adam Simpson announced he was going to you guys and everybody wished him the best. He was invited to our B=F and made a great speech and passed on his number to Ziebell. Adam will always be welcome at North.

But then, Adam is a genuine, sincere bloke liked by all.

Josh Gibson is not.

That is a terrible comparison.

Simpson retired its not like he's obligated to stay at NM. Why wouldn't he be invited to your B&F if he took a coaching job somewhere else? He played this year and was one of your best players.

They are both genuine, sincere blokes who've seen the light and joined Hawthorn. Its a shame it took Simpson so long:footy:

That is a terrible comparison.

Simpson retired its not like he's obligated to stay at NM. Why wouldn't he be invited to your B&F if he took a coaching job somewhere else? He played this year and was one of your best players.

They are both genuine, sincere blokes who've seen the light and joined Hawthorn. Its a shame it took Simpson so long:footy:

I suppose what I'm getting at as it isn't the fact that he went to Hawthorn, rather the way he did the whole leaving.

Put it this way - he could have nominated Freo or Carlton and I would have been equally pished off.

Hmmmmm. It depends. If they are preening up themselves showpony, then they might want the glamour. And we don't want them.

A young bloke with his head stuck on right who wants to play footy and be successful would look at a club with a brand new facility, a talented young list, a talented young coach and a great culture and think 'Yep, I'll be a part of that'.

Put it this way, I honestly doubt North would be at the bottom of the list.

Put it this way - you'll probably have the following set of considerations for a young draftee:

Club's reputation
Club's facilities
Club is in home state
Father played for the club
Club in a successful phase

Now how many kids are going to go through these considerations, think that North satisfy the full range better than any other club, fit one of north's needs and be banging down the door of Scotty to say "I WANT NORTH!"
The same is also true of Hawthorn or any other club. Scott's parting backhander at Gibson (a guy who he never actually worked with) asserted that he wanted draftees who only had eyes for north. This assertion is stupid.

Any aspiring draftee that doesn't care about these things (to the point of excluding some or any clubs) falls into the "I just want to play football" bracket, which would also cross him off Scott's list, if you take it in the spirit he said.

Show some sportsmanship, Scotty! You don't even know the guy!

As, no doubt, mentioned earlier in this thread (I haven't time to go back and read everything), it's rather ironic that Scott would lambaste a player for wanting to change clubs after he walked out on Hawthorn at the end of 1997.

He should make a good coach ... "don't do as I do, do as I say".

Put it this way - you'll probably have the following set of considerations for a young draftee:

Club's reputation
Club's facilities
Club is in home state
Father played for the club
Club in a successful phase

Now how many kids are going to go through these considerations, think that North satisfy the full range better than any other club, fit one of north's needs and be banging down the door of Scotty to say "I WANT NORTH!"
The same is also true of Hawthorn or any other club. Scott's parting backhander at Gibson (a guy who he never actually worked with) asserted that he wanted draftees who only had eyes for north. This assertion is stupid.

Any aspiring draftee that doesn't care about these things (to the point of excluding some or any clubs) falls into the "I just want to play football" bracket, which would also cross him off Scott's list, if you take it in the spirit he said.

Show some sportsmanship, Scotty! You don't even know the guy!

You misunderstand Scott's point.

Obviously Kane Lucas isn't going to shut out all clubs to get to North.

But on stuff like culture, I know if I were a young bloke, I'd rather end up at a team like North or West Coast or Hawthorn that has a short and medium term history of success.

I really wouldn't want to end up at somewhere like Melbourne or Freo or Richmond.

As regards the list you posted:

North has a good reputaion for having a true footy culture. We won our last two games and put up real fights in the others when the 'smart' thing to do would have been to tank.

Brand new facilities

Is in the home state of the majority of draftees

Father/son thing is a bit outwith IMO. Either you did or didn't.

Successful phase: North are very much on the cusp of one. People serially underrate our players and always have done. We have certainly bottomed out and will improve from now until we win our next flag.

cryinggob.JPG

You taste these tears. Taste my sad, Michael.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back