FTA-TV Offsiders 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy wise, naturally they mentioned the Bomber's saga, and had a short snippet of the Holmes/Hird interview.....but no mention of the quality of that interview. :straining:

First episode should've been an hour. Way too much to cover from December and January. Episode even ended before they'd finished.

First episode should've been an hour. Way too much to cover from December and January. Episode even ended before they'd finished.

I thought that was pretty amusing actually :D

Still the best sports show on tv, and I look forward to the tenth anniversary show. It was ahead of it's time in the sports show that it wanted to be, and it still leads the pack by that far it isn't funny.

Last edited:
I would've sworn this show had hone longer than 10 years.

There was a funny grab. When discussing prospective coaches for the Australian soccer team. Gerard says "We'll have to discuss this like Ange is not here."

But what it didn't show, was Ange's follow up moments later "I'll have to discuss this like I'm not here as well"

Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness, what would you rather have heard them talk about? Practice matches in the AFL?

While I'm not a fan (lived 10 minutes from Canberra Stadium for 6 years, didn't go to a single game), SuperRugby is the first of the winter codes to come into season, and Waratahs/Reds is the biggest Australian rivalry. They would've talked about it as one of the major discussion points even if it had been in Melbourne.

They were always going to cover Cambidge, the cricket is old news by now... the only thing it missed that otherwise would've been on the show was Gerard talking about Winx and Extreme Choice from yesterdays racing.

Yet A-League still gets about 2 minutes...unless the fans have kicked off then it's 4. NRL was kicking off this weekend too as well as the first week of Super whatever it is now so they would go rugby. They do tend to focus on something for longer than usual if the season is about to kick off.

Saying that though I've found it hard to watch in 2016 so far. The 10th anniversary episode was so self serving.

Today was the most boring episode I've seen. Banged on about Super Rugby or whatever it's called for the first half of the show and then league after that. Snooze.
As they should when its the start of the league and union season. There is no (meaningful) AFL on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back