Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
...........and it may well be all too common, but if Channel 9 have now thrown this situation into the catch-all excuse without it being fact, then someone should be held accountable.

Reckon we're going to hear a lot of this one and not for Lyon, lying but for a serious term being used as a cover-all.
It's used as a cover-all excuse too often, by too many. I've spoken on this before, I'm in the field, ( that's all I can and am prepared to say) but it's a slap in the face to those who genuinely need help with genuine mental health issues and have the courage to seek that help.
I'm not saying it's the case with Lyon, because we don't know any real details, but too many of these public figures take what is a serious, significant issue and turn it into a punchline.

I smell a huge cover up Harks.

So many rumours flying around & I highly doubt 'mental issues' is the reason.

Where's Hutchy ................. bet he is nowhere near any wheelie bins.
No more Hutchy!!! Please no more Hutchy!!! No one deserves more Hutchy!!! The CIA, MI5, ASIS & Mossad all use videos of him talking about himself non-stop for days as a torture technique!!! Even James Hird doesn't deserve more Hutchy!!!

Nope, Andy Mahar runs the afternoon show now, it's all about golf, losing listeners in droves... He might be a Carlton man but he is rubbish to listen to...

Toenails Maher sounded for all the world to be an * man these last 3 years .
When the heat had to be applied , he went missing time and time again .

View attachment 215313

The back story is around quite readily.
Everybody pretty much jumped straight on the Billy's missus bandwagon, but the strong mail that's starting to filter through is that it was one of his daughters.
Either way, VERY ordinary, especially if mental health is being used to hide it.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_untitled(26).png

Well The HUN is reporting Garry Lyon is (or has been) in a relationship with Bill's ex wife Nicki, not great.

I hate unfounded gossip, facts end up getting twisted, and innocent people can end up having their lives ruined for a period of time. (and its partly why I try not buy into all the Buddy Franklin rumours, which are A either complete fabricated or distorted and B none of my bees wax..

Some people seem to think celebrities or high profile sports stars (and their families and partners) have no right to privacy, I call bullshit on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 215547

Well The HUN is reporting Garry Lyon is (or has been) in a relationship with Bill's ex wife Nicki, not great.

I hate unfounded gossip, facts end up getting twisted, and innocent people can end up having their lives ruined for a period of time. (and its partly why I try not buy into all the Buddy Franklin rumours, which are A either complete fabricated or distorted and B none of my bees wax..

Some people seem to think celebrities or high profile sports stars (and their families and partners) have no right to privacy, I call bullshit on that.
Great post, I couldn't agree more.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Gary Lyon you're a ******* pig. Overwhelming shame to face the public does not count as a mental illness. If you have the confidence to * you're best mates ex-wife/your wife's good friend, you should have the confidence to come out and say you ****ed up.

This bloke sat on his high horse trashing Jake Carlisle, Ben Cousins etc.

Absolute coward of the highest order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a bit off topic, but last night's Melbourne (A League) Derby was more thrilling/exciting than any game of footy I watched last season

Our wooden spoon aside, the last season of AFL footy was probably the worst/least appealing brand of footy I've seen in my lifetime (being following footy since 1987)

Starting to seriously think (and i don't care if I'm accused of being a Heretic) that the AFL should bring in 9 pointers for goals outside 50 in the season proper.

We hardly see forwards roost them from outside 50 anymore, and the game is the poorer for it.

This is a bit off topic, but last night's Melbourne (A League) Derby was more thrilling/exciting than any game of footy I watched last season

Our wooden spoon aside, the last season of AFL footy was probably the worst/least appealing brand of footy I've seen in my lifetime (being following footy since 1987)

Starting to seriously think (and i don't care if I'm accused of being a Heretic) that the AFL should bring in 9 pointers for goals outside 50 in the season proper.

We hardly see forwards roost them from outside 50 anymore, and the game is the poorer for it.

I have always loved the 9 pointer in the NAB cup. Don't mind the idea of it being introduced to real games.

As long as the commentators don't follow the cricket trend of calling it 'a maximum'...

I have always loved the 9 pointer in the NAB cup. Don't mind the idea of it being introduced to real games.

As long as the commentators don't follow the cricket trend of calling it 'a maximum'...
I think the 9 pointer would really add something to the game and would love to see it in the season proper.

I dont think it will happen though.

Anyone know when the relationship with Nikki started?

Schwarz seems to think Lyon has been acting differently for up to 18 months. Apparently a lot of his ex teammates are pissed off at him.

Without defending what's happened (it shouldn't be compared to Carey but it's not much better), it is very possible that there is a mental illness there somewhere. Don't forget the stigma that still exists for men his age. It's very possible he was struggling and felt like he couldn't speak about it. The timing of it isn't great but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...t/news-story/687a57e393672939343281e838f120eb

Anyone know when the relationship with Nikki started?

Schwarz seems to think Lyon has been acting differently for up to 18 months. Apparently a lot of his ex teammates are pissed off at him.

Without defending what's happened (it shouldn't be compared to Carey but it's not much better), it is very possible that there is a mental illness there somewhere. Don't forget the stigma that still exists for men his age. It's very possible he was struggling and felt like he couldn't speak about it. The timing of it isn't great but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...t/news-story/687a57e393672939343281e838f120eb
Timing is everything in this case.

If the relationship started prior to her being an ex then Lyon looks like a dog. If it is after then not sure there is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back