OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

another solid night down at Black Land last night. Was very different conditions, no wind and about an extra 10 degrees. Preston is putting the boys through their paces. fantastic numbers, im tipping 40+ again... what r ur thoughts Slim?? how is everybody else going for numbers?? looks like it will shape up to be another solid O&K season... BF

another solid night down at Black Land last night. Was very different conditions, no wind and about an extra 10 degrees. Preston is putting the boys through their paces. fantastic numbers, im tipping 40+ again... what r ur thoughts Slim?? how is everybody else going for numbers?? looks like it will shape up to be another solid O&K season... BF

Good night all round BF, well over 40 Wop said with a few thirds thrown in....Good to see some new and old faces there...

Good night all round BF, well over 40 Wop said with a few thirds thrown in....Good to see some new and old faces there...

when will the boys be graced with your presence out on the park Slim?? looking good for the Senior call up. there could b a jumper with ur number written all over it :D:D:D

I see on north wangs website they have also signed frazer Elliott from rovers and Joel Bihun from Wang. And two blokes from myrtleford.

Bihun shopped himself around to a few clubs as did Elliott. So wouldn't have come cheap. That money tree out there must have dropped money and sprouted more tree's.......,

I see on north wangs website they have also signed frazer Elliott from rovers and Joel Bihun from Wang. And two blokes from myrtleford.

Bihun shopped himself around to a few clubs as did Elliott. So wouldn't have come cheap. That money tree out there must have dropped money and sprouted more tree's.......,

Is that 7 players now they've spent up on......If they are spending big you would want to win the flag....

BK your pickups look handy...

Is that 7 players now they've spent up on......If they are spending big you would want to win the flag....

BK your pickups look handy...
Jamie Bell, Ben Bell, Hargy, Mick Naish, Bihun, Elliot... Who's the other one I'm missing? Bit of quality there, but they are starting from a fair way back. You're spot on slim; the figures being thrown around are quiet large, so they'd want to get a premiership out of it. Don't think those players will make it happen though.

As for us, yeah we have gone a little way to replace the players we have lost. Joe Doyle is a very good pickup. He already knows most of our boys so he won't have any trouble fitting in.

Jamie Bell, Ben Bell, Hargy, Mick Naish, Bihun, Elliot... Who's the other one I'm missing? Bit of quality there, but they are starting from a fair way back. You're spot on slim; the figures being thrown around are quiet large, so they'd want to get a premiership out of it. Don't think those players will make it happen though.

As for us, yeah we have gone a little way to replace the players we have lost. Joe Doyle is a very good pickup. He already knows most of our boys so he won't have any trouble fitting in.

thats a good thing BK, too many clubs go out chasing decent players then they find it hard to fit in coz they dont know any1... its good to recruit good players but its even better to recruit someone who is good around the club and knows most of the boys before the pre season/season starts

Still a few clubs going under the radar so far this pre season.

The same clubs seem to be mentioned all the time. Are these clubs doing nothing or being very quite for a reason????

when will the boys be graced with your presence out on the park Slim?? looking good for the Senior call up. there could b a jumper with ur number written all over it :D:D:D

Heard that slim may have to pull the jumper on blackfellor, Is it true what I heard picko has pulled the pin isn't going to go aound again??

thats a good thing BK, too many clubs go out chasing decent players then they find it hard to fit in coz they dont know any1... its good to recruit good players but its even better to recruit someone who is good around the club and knows most of the boys before the pre season/season starts
Spot on BF, there's also more to footy than running out each Saturday so getting blokes that want to be around the club and will attend the functions is a big positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on BF, there's also more to footy than running out each Saturday so getting blokes that want to be around the club and will attend the functions is a big positive.

too true BK, too many blokes these days are quite happy to do nothing around the club apart from play footy... but they will be the first person there after a game to put their hand out for match payments

too true BK, too many blokes these days are quite happy to do nothing around the club apart from play footy... but they will be the first person there after a game to put their hand out for match payments

Well your going to get that when you splash around the big money buying players from all over the state for your small country football club are'nt you BF.. Blacks and Tarra prime example

Loving the North Wang training pic in the local rag!!
Hoping that fella plays in the gear!!!!

BK you going to the tough camp or pulled out after Finton's comments?
;)

Well your going to get that when you splash around the big money buying players from all over the state for your small country football club are'nt you BF.. Blacks and Tarra prime example
If you are looking for a bite, you are in the wrong place.

;)
Yeah I'll be there mate. Can't say I'm exactly looking forward to all aspects of it, but it'll be good.

Loving the North Wang training pic in the local rag!!Hoping that fella plays in the gear!!!!

;)

I think we may have to start referring to them as the " Dream Team " :D:D, are Bez and Mcdermott still there too...

I think we may have to start referring to them as the " Dream Team " :D:D, are Bez and Mcdermott still there too...

Bez was close to signing with us for the 2012 season, i dare say he will stay at Nth Wang tho and wait until right before the start of the season and ask for another sign up fee of $1000

If you are looking for a bite, you are in the wrong place.

Yeah I'll be there mate. Can't say I'm exactly looking forward to all aspects of it, but it'll be good.

BK, if you need a contract taken out on Franky over the weekend pm me. I'm sure there's someone around the club that could organise a " Shark attack " early Sat so you blokes can spend the rest of the weekend enjoying yourselves........

On a serious note, how does everyone see the Nth Wang Dream Team going...A couple of unknowns but a shite load of potential there.....Top 4 ??

BK, if you need a contract taken out on Franky over the weekend pm me. I'm sure there's someone around the club that could organise a " Shark attack " early Sat so you blokes can spend the rest of the weekend enjoying yourselves........

On a serious note, how does everyone see the Nth Wang Dream Team going...A couple of unknowns but a shite load of potential there.....Top 4 ??[/quote]

the amount of money that's falling off the tree out there, they shouldnt finish anywhere else Slim. if you get so many "good quality" players it would b a waste of money if they finish anywhere below that!!

On a serious note, how does everyone see the Nth Wang Dream Team going...A couple of unknowns but a shite load of potential there.....Top 4 ??
If Franky was to "suddenly disappear", I wouldn't even be upset. Means we could have a few beers by the bay Sat night!

Think BF is spot on about Nth Wang, it'll be a complete failure if they don't get a return on investment.

In other news, according to the Chronicle yesterday it sounds like one bloke enjoyed himself a little to much at Greta's Mad Monday celebrations! Although, not as much as Rutherglen's twos coach sinking 50 VB cans in 19 hours (story in today's Border Mail)

If Franky was to "suddenly disappear", I wouldn't even be upset. Means we could have a few beers by the bay Sat night!

Think BF is spot on about Nth Wang, it'll be a complete failure if they don't get a return on investment.

In other news, according to the Chronicle yesterday it sounds like one bloke enjoyed himself a little to much at Greta's Mad Monday celebrations! Although, not as much as Rutherglen's twos coach sinking 50 VB cans in 19 hours (story in today's Border Mail)

thats a fair day out!! not a good look for the Rutherglen Football Club if he coaches again. theres blokes out there that have won a premiership that havent done that. Maybe he should get in touch with David Boon, they could b a good pair for each other :D:D

Bez was close to signing with us for the 2012 season, i dare say he will stay at Nth Wang tho and wait until right before the start of the season and ask for another sign up fee of $1000

Ben mac has still been having trouble with his neck/back but is keen to play as much as his body will allow him...

As for berry he is playing, commited before christmas but has not trained yet... apparently he has been away on holidays and has cricket commitments???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back