OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest issue I have with the thirds comp is Londrigan's guernsey - it's nearly identical to Alpine Eagles! How in a five team comp have we managed to end up with two sides wearing such similar jumpers?!

Because the people in charge of it have no idea what they are doing! The whole thirds comp is a bloody mess!

And another thing about the whole thirds comp.

Why is it that if a club doesn't have a thirds side that you are not allowed to play kids that are under 18?

Anyone out there no the answer?

Because the people in charge of it have no idea what they are doing! The whole thirds comp is a bloody mess!

It is only the way it is because tarra & nth wang didn't do what thay should have done five month ago and formed one side
dosn't matter what people think there just is the kids for more sides
if it was left the way it was last year we would be back to teams of 12-15
kids each week not sure how anyone think that good

This is why we have a board for the league . to many club just have there
own self intrest in mind , not for the better of footy or the comp.
People can complain about the board as much as they like ,but I don't see
any of those complaining putting there hands up to do a better job
I think there is position still vacant
And two of the board members are former presidents of tarra

As for club with out under 18 not allowed to play kids under 18 if we allow this again we will just create a sortage of kids for the under 18 comp as these club could just recuit who they want

It might not be the ideal for clubs the way under 18 has gone but if clubs sell the new format maybe we can give them some good football and one day if number improve we might get back to club base under 18

It is only the way it is because tarra & nth wang didn't do what thay should have done five month ago and formed one side
dosn't matter what people think there just is the kids for more sides
if it was left the way it was last year we would be back to teams of 12-15
kids each week not sure how anyone think that good

This is why we have a board for the league . to many club just have there
own self intrest in mind , not for the better of footy or the comp.
People can complain about the board as much as they like ,but I don't see
any of those complaining putting there hands up to do a better job
I think there is position still vacant
And two of the board members are former presidents of tarra

As for club with out under 18 not allowed to play kids under 18 if we allow this again we will just create a sortage of kids for the under 18 comp as these club could just recuit who they want

It might not be the ideal for clubs the way under 18 has gone but if clubs sell the new format maybe we can give them some good football and one day if number improve we might get back to club base under 18

Yep ok fair enough. But what happens if a kid wants to improve himself and play at a higher standard of footy?
The league is not allowing kids to play where they want, where they have friends and family at a club already.

Yep ok fair enough. But what happens if a kid wants to improve himself and play at a higher standard of footy?
The league is not allowing kids to play where they want, where they have friends and family at a club already.

If a kid has turned 18 after the 1st jan, the league can't force him to play U/18's....If they are top age (17 yo (still playing U/18's) they only need permission from the NE Next Gen comm....I think..

Score in town was Moyhu 124 def Greta 60 (from memory). Hoppers far too good after quarter time. Greta looked... like Greta. Won plenty of ball around the ground, Dakker played four good quarters but the rest of the side got slower as the match wore on, while the Hoppers got sharper. 12 Goals picked up some cheapies in the last quarter to paste over what was a quiet day, with Thommo the dominant forward on the ground. Craig, Waite, Van Der Heyden all very good in the middle. Keehan also played a very good game.

Went up to the King Valley v Benalla game on the weekend, the valley played well, Seemed Benalla started to get a bit frustrated by the end and started falling into their old ways. After the game not one player stayed around to have a beer, they left straight away. Its a shame cos it was a good match to watch and from what I know of King Valley they are a pretty hospitable bunch of blokes and I know they stay at opposition clubs after games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McInnes has never really been in the mix for this year. They have Renton, Dent-Ould and Gervasoni (as well as Shaw), so yeah, their options are pretty decent.

Went up to the King Valley v Benalla game on the weekend, the valley played well, Seemed Benalla started to get a bit frustrated by the end and started falling into their old ways. After the game not one player stayed around to have a beer, they left straight away. Its a shame cos it was a good match to watch and from what I know of King Valley they are a pretty hospitable bunch of blokes and I know they stay at opposition clubs after games.

Agreed. The peanut gallery behind Benalla's bench done nothing to change anyones perception of the team either. Good game to watch though. King Valley were hard at it all day. Evo and Kunkel probably the only two that can hold there heads up with there attack on the ball. Interesting to see how they go when big Spoon is back up forward.

I think the frustration came a lot earlier when a few very,very late and high contacts were let go.....and yeah a few of the boys did throw themselves in a bit harder after that.......In terms of hanging around you probably didn't look too hard....

Agreed. The peanut gallery behind Benalla's bench done nothing to change anyones perception of the team either. Good game to watch though. King Valley were hard at it all day. Evo and Kunkel probably the only two that can hold there heads up with there attack on the ball. Interesting to see how they go when big Spoon is back up forward.

Probably pulled a bit short there Prong, I reckon the whole back 6 did exceptionally well. Matty's run out of the backline was as good as ever as was Noisy's who easily beat Schuermann whilst giving away 20cms in height and reach.....I think 3 of sessho's goals came from the usual screams and dives. Kenny had it over him all day....

Young Cody Taylor did very well in his first game and was savvy enough to dodge the elbows of shunter and ronald....Not bad for a kid..

Before I get howled down as being biased, there were some really good signs there for the valley... No 2 ( Williams ??) very,very good, good hands, great disposal and the ability to keep his feet and off load when tackled...Schona good run out of the backline and the bloke who played on Dockers also did well..

Well slim, I was standing at the entrance to the rooms after the game and one bloke came in and bought a beer, my eyesight isnt the best but I can see 5 metres in front of me, s**t form in my view whether you win or lose you stay around and enhance the reputation of your club.

There was a young bloke in the backline that took about 5 contested marks from all black kick ins, he showed a bit. Webby showed glimpses for pace but did not seem to have much to kick to, Martinello got a bit of the ball but didnt do much with it, and if Evans isnt the most devastating penetrating kick out of the league I will go he. Dont know what you are going on about with Evo and hunter that sounds like sour grapes, Evo kicked ten points and had heaps of the ball and hunter kicked three goals from the ruck and flogged Jones around the ground and you have to remember one of your blokes split sessions head open and threw blood around everywhere.l

Well slim, I was standing at the entrance to the rooms after the game and one bloke came in and bought a beer, my eyesight isnt the best but I can see 5 metres in front of me, s**t form in my view whether you win or lose you stay around and enhance the reputation of your club.

There was a young bloke in the backline that took about 5 contested marks from all black kick ins, he showed a bit. Webby showed glimpses for pace but did not seem to have much to kick to, Martinello got a bit of the ball but didnt do much with it, and if Evans isnt the most devastating penetrating kick out of the league I will go he. Dont know what you are going on about with Evo and hunter that sounds like sour grapes, Evo kicked ten points and had heaps of the ball and hunter kicked three goals from the ruck and flogged Jones around the ground and you have to remember one of your blokes split sessions head open and threw blood around everywhere.l

I wasn't canning their games at all, I was simply saying that I saw both of them line the kid up and he was able pull his head back in time....

I managed to sneak out for a look on saturday also.
I'm not usually a big Blacks fan at the best of times but even I was a little angry towards King Valley's tactics! Taking out there little blokes behind play and elbows up was definetly not in the spirit of the game..
Were any of King Valley's players reported? Surely No.5 was after that hit on Webby?
No wonder they didn't stick around for a beer!

Probably pulled a bit short there Prong, I reckon the whole back 6 did exceptionally well. Matty's run out of the backline was as good as ever as was Noisy's who easily beat Schuermann whilst giving away 20cms in height and reach.....I think 3 of sessho's goals came from the usual screams and dives. Kenny had it over him all day....

Young Cody Taylor did very well in his first game and was savvy enough to dodge the elbows of shunter and ronald....Not bad for a kid..

Before I get howled down as being biased, there were some really good signs there for the valley... No 2 ( Williams ??) very,very good, good hands, great disposal and the ability to keep his feet and off load when tackled...Schona good run out of the backline and the bloke who played on Dockers also did well..

I heard Benalla fans were feral all day...

On a side note, how did young Evans go, I heard his powerful build suits the O&K league.

One last issue, has anybody heard of young Rovers player, Michael Mckenzie, heading to Swanpool mid-season?? Rovers have had plenty of players poached, but who could blame Mckenzie when I hear they're offering $600 a game!?!

I managed to sneak out for a look on saturday also.
I'm not usually a big Blacks fan at the best of times but even I was a little angry towards King Valley's tactics! Taking out there little blokes behind play and elbows up was definetly not in the spirit of the game..
Were any of King Valley's players reported? Surely No.5 was after that hit on Webby?
No wonder they didn't stick around for a beer!

I headed out to kv also not sure why you would be defending benalla, if any think thay got back what they dished out . sure webby is no saint sesso had cuts to both sides of his head, him & a blacks player sent off not sure if they were reported
I am sure the game wasn,t that dirty they would stuck around if they won

Remove this Banner Ad

Back