Old Scholars - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Old Scholars

Talked to a local today, said that the Sam Sinnit old boys cricket game was in the morning then the practice game in the afternoon after the cricket, I didn't ask which day it was but assuming it is on Saturday.

Channel Vs Hutchins on Sunday at around 2pm after the cricket.

Dragged myself down there for a look.....

It was raining streadily when I first got there so the ball was a bit slippery, cleared up a bit after that.

Channel looked like a different side to last season, put up a much better display compared to previous pre season games.

While I don't know the who's who of Hutchins - they looked to have a full strength (?) side with their better players in Harris and Palfreyman on the paddock and some old grey haired warhorse that took a couple of good marks in the forward line teachin some of the younger fellas a football lesson.

The Sharks were missing Lamprill who was coaching from the sidelines, Lorkin - away for the weekend, Bouwman who was umpiring the game and Stonjek - dunno where he was. Joyce who kicked a couple of good goals went off early to have a shower.

The new look Sharks ended up winning by about 20 points or so but looking at both teams, it was more like a game to clean out the cobwebs and have a bit of a kick so wouldn't read too much into it this early.

Dragged myself down there for a look.....

It was raining streadily when I first got there so the ball was a bit slippery, cleared up a bit after that.

Channel looked like a different side to last season, put up a much better display compared to previous pre season games.

While I don't know the who's who of Hutchins - they looked to have a full strength (?) side with their better players in Harris and Palfreyman on the paddock and some old grey haired warhorse that took a couple of good marks in the forward line teachin some of the younger fellas a football lesson.

The Sharks were missing Lamprill who was coaching from the sidelines, Lorkin - away for the weekend, Bouwman who was umpiring the game and Stonjek - dunno where he was. Joyce who kicked a couple of good goals went off early to have a shower.

The new look Sharks ended up winning by about 20 points or so but looking at both teams, it was more like a game to clean out the cobwebs and have a bit of a kick so wouldn't read too much into it this early.

The sharks were missing a few more too so they are a long way ahead of last year. As for Hutchins they must have been missing a fair few because apart from Harris and Leitch they looked pretty ordinary.

The sharks were missing a few more too so they are a long way ahead of last year. As for Hutchins they must have been missing a fair few because apart from Harris and Leitch they looked pretty ordinary.

Judging by last year.. Apart from Harriss and Leitch, they ARE pretty ordinary..

Jack Boon i see has a clearance in sporting pulse to come to the old scholars. OHA or Hutchins i would guess?????

Just on that, on the TSL page when a player is getting a clearance to the SFL or the OSFA why can't they simply put the club's name rather than "Old Scholars Football Association" or "Southern Football League"?!?!

Jack Boon i see has a clearance in sporting pulse to come to the old scholars. OHA or Hutchins i would guess?????

i'd say he'd be headed to the beans over OHA as he is a former student...

any other recruiting news out there??

I heard from a 'reliable' source that the rainbows have picked up a couple of 'very good' players lately... time will tell if they can go one or two steps better than last year.

Haven't heard much out of richmond... st virgils do look like the team to beat... can they deliver this year?

what is everyone's top 4 predictions???

i'd have to say my top 4 would be (in no particular order)

Richmond
University
St Virgils
OHA

Abes hear bench coach for hutchins ones. Hutchins was missing alot of key players on sundays clash with the sharks. As a two time premership coach i no how vital these players are to the key sturcture of ourside. Want be giving away names etc, you will just have to wait and see round 1. Setting the record straight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'd say he'd be headed to the beans over OHA as he is a former student...

any other recruiting news out there??

I heard from a 'reliable' source that the rainbows have picked up a couple of 'very good' players lately... time will tell if they can go one or two steps better than last year.

Haven't heard much out of richmond... st virgils do look like the team to beat... can they deliver this year?

what is everyone's top 4 predictions???

i'd have to say my top 4 would be (in no particular order)

Richmond
University
St Virgils
OHA

Uni have picked up Feild Reeves, Richie Robinson (seen at training) & josh baily

Reeves kicked 70 odd goals for hobart in 2008, last year was injured most of the year. Will be a handy pick-up and another goal sneak that will go well with rat gilmore & beans.

Uni have picked up Feild Reeves, Richie Robinson (seen at training) & josh baily

Reeves kicked 70 odd goals for hobart in 2008, last year was injured most of the year. Will be a handy pick-up and another goal sneak that will go well with rat gilmore & beans.

Beans? Who is Beans? Richie Robinson would be a HUGE recruit....literally!

Reeves is rubbish and did not kick that many goals in 2008. He probably told u that

Abes hear bench coach for hutchins ones. Hutchins was missing alot of key players on sundays clash with the sharks. As a two time premership coach i no how vital these players are to the key sturcture of ourside. Want be giving away names etc, you will just have to wait and see round 1. Setting the record straight

Is Josh Bean playing this year?

Channel will play Cygnet on Sunday at Snug. Game will start at 11am.

Went down for a look again.

Game was good despite a fair bit of skill error, however both sides gave it a red hot crack and it was entertaining to watch at times.

Umpires were very very quick to pay 50's for some minor infractions which I thought was a bit rich considering it was only a practice game. But hey, most people know what I think of the men in orange ;)

Coach Lamprill copped a fair bit from his former teammates but also dished it out as well.

Joyce played well and kicked a few goals despite his teammates letting him down by either kicking the ball to a two/three on one situation, kicking it over his head or too short.

Channel ended up getting over by about four goals but it could have easily gone Cygnet's way.

Cygnet have a good young side with a sprinkling of experienced guys and I think they will surprise a few teams this year.

Thought id jump on and fill everybody in with some pre season news. Heard that St Virgils are travelling really well - beat Brighton and Burdon kicked a heap
Richmond easy winners over Huonville recently and with the inclusions of Baker and Triffet, they should be strong again. Does anyone know if crossin has left?
Strong rumours coming out that Uni have picked up several key players... Reeve from Hobart, tom james and the latest news is that A Bielski has commited???? Can anyone from uni confirm this?

Thats the only news i know from the stronger sides. Any news on OHA, dosa etc

Stoppage21

Thought id jump on and fill everybody in with some pre season news. Heard that St Virgils are travelling really well - beat Brighton and Burdon kicked a heap
Richmond easy winners over Huonville recently and with the inclusions of Baker and Triffet, they should be strong again. Does anyone know if crossin has left?
Strong rumours coming out that Uni have picked up several key players... Reeve from Hobart, tom james and the latest news is that A Bielski has commited???? Can anyone from uni confirm this?

Thats the only news i know from the stronger sides. Any news on OHA, dosa etc

Stoppage21
biscuits to uni that would be a huge pick up he is a gun!!
there heaps of clearences to oha and channel on sportingpulse!!! richmond did have kane waller but he is now back at dodges!!
also dodges ferry vs oha this sunday at shark park starts at 11.30 i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back