Old Scholars Thread

heart beat

Draftee
Oct 29, 2008
Tassie
Quick question..... Did Ben Van Cransky get a game for the silver spooners yesterday or did he miss out? Didn't see his ugly mug in the team photo in the paper. His melon would take up a fair amount space. Didn't kick a heap of goals this year?

playwin

Debutant
Dec 8, 2008
hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Did hear about a big signing for uni yesterday, can anyone confirm or not
they didnt say anynames just he plays full forward and kicks alot of goals

Dark Helmet

Draftee
Sep 17, 2012
Planet Druidiar
AFL Club
Geelong
Quick question..... Did Ben Van Cransky get a game for the silver spooners yesterday or did he miss out? Didn't see his ugly mug in the team photo in the paper. His melon would take up a fair amount space. Didn't kick a heap of goals this year?

No, he didn't get a game, and probably had more output on the day than the overpaid recruits that played for DOSA! Was only one game they had to earn their pay, and they failed, because good is dumb.

hands like feet

Senior List
Mar 29, 2010
in da house
AFL Club
Collingwood
Old Scholars update.
Uni have signed Chris Joyce (Channel)and Mark Corbett(ex Glenorchy)
Saints - Bear Robinson, KEN HALL (massive inclusion) Robbie Devine and Ben Vankrannen.
OHA - Trent Standen (not confirmed)
Richmond - Scott Allen (coach) Hitchens (From Sorell)
Channel-
Dosa -
Hutchins-

Any other news?

OSFA is certainly attracting some excellent players.

Pumpkin Head 25

Cancelled
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Old Scholars update.
Uni have signed Chris Joyce (Channel)and Mark Corbett(ex Glenorchy)
Saints - Bear Robinson, KEN HALL (massive inclusion) Robbie Devine and Ben Vankrannen.
OHA - Trent Standen (not confirmed)
Richmond - Scott Allen (coach) Hitchens (From Sorell)
Channel-
Dosa -
Hutchins-

Any other news?

OSFA is certainly attracting some excellent players.

Hall, Devine and BVK are interesting signings for the Saints..
Have heard on the grapevine that a couple more signings could be on the cards at new town oval. Former players returning? Anyone else heard this?

in the game

Rookie
Feb 25, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hall, Devine and BVK are interesting signings for the Saints..
Have heard on the grapevine that a couple more signings could be on the cards at new town oval. Former players returning? Anyone else heard this?
Heard Unsworth back from London and Froggy Williams wanting another kick. Haven't heard BVK or Devine though

Barge

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2005
Bargeville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Claremont
What price can I get on Hall winning the OSFA B&F? Going out on a limb, will get it 40 times a game and will be banging it through from inside the square at the bike track!

hands like feet

Senior List
Mar 29, 2010
in da house
AFL Club
Collingwood
Poor Dosa?

Having 3 of the top 4 goalkickers from this year would be horrible....:rolleyes:

Any other talk of clubs picking up anyone?

Not a bad pick up if its true, not sure of how many but he did kick a few this year.
Couple of questions, will he get the service he had this year, why was he dropped so late in the year when he was Hutchins leading goal kicker?

Any News on Channels Coach ?

Old Bastard

Rookie
Dec 24, 2011
Retirment Home
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not a bad pick up if its true, not sure of how many but he did kick a few this year.
Couple of questions, will he get the service he had this year, why was he dropped so late in the year when he was Hutchins leading goal kicker?

Any News on Channels Coach ?

Cannot believe DOSA are paying Van Kranen 200 a game! What are they thinking? He will get dropped again towards the end of the year.

Old Bastard

Rookie
Dec 24, 2011
Retirment Home
AFL Club
St Kilda
Can confirm that you are incorrect, $400 a game and $25.00 a goal is the deal. Plus we have made him captain. :rolleyes:

Given you have replied with a figure that obviously is trying to deflect what i have said, tells me i'm not far off. I was informed he said to his previous coach, this was the reason he was going as Hutchins wouldn't pay him anymore.

Rooster Man

Rookie
Dec 22, 2011
North Hobart Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dosa Roosters
Given you have replied with a figure that obviously is trying to deflect what i have said, tells me i'm not far off. I was informed he said to his previous coach, this was the reason he was going as Hutchins wouldn't pay him anymore.

Yeah I probably should have let it go through to the keeper. I was under the impression that you were just trolling for a bite.
I could do the same with your club if I knew who you played for, its easy to snipe under the protection of a big footy alias.

Back