Old Scholars Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you for real? Last time we played the Chickens we had 30 goals up our sleeve with players out and Channel did not score a goal last time we played them. DOSA would need Standen to bring some Clarence team mates with him and for us to lose all the players Arigold mentioned for it to even be close! Gonna be a long time before either of those two clubs get close to beating the best in the business, something I'm sure even their most ardent supporters would agree with!

WOW how do you feel now TOSSA? This is the typical arrogance from OHA supporters, the same one's who were nowhere to be seen today at the 10 minute mark of the last quarter.You have been very quiet on this forum so far this season & after todays result i'm guessing we will hear even less from you.

Seniors
Hutchins d Channel

Hutchins 3.6 5.13 7.16 10.22. 82

Channel 0.0 0. 3 2.4 3. 5. 23

Goals - Hutchins - B VanKrannen 2, H Kingston 2, J Bean 2, M Wright, T Brown, J Edwards, M Lister

Channel - M Smith, S Townsend, C Wheatley

Best - Hutchins - M Lister, L Franks, J Johnson, S Nichols, J Bean, D Ayers

Channel - S Dean, N Hansson, P Bass, J Mason, S Townsend, M Smith

University d St Virgils

University 0.1 5.2 6.6 13.10. 88

St Virgils 0.5 2.9 2.12 2.12. 24

Goals - University - F Reeves 4, P McEvoy 3, T Stewart 2, M Matuszek 2, W McAdam, R Hill

St Virgils - L Post, A Burdon

Best - University - P McEnoy, M Matuszek, M Rippon, M Gill, B Hayes, J Stride

St Virgils - B Parremore, L Post, T Pilkington, B Dalliston

DOSA d OHA

DOSA 2.7 4.8 12.13 15.14. 104

OHA 1.2 3.9 5.9 7.16. 58

Goals - DOSA - M Fisher 5, J O'Brien 4, K Harvey 2, T Golding, J Neilson, A Wilson, B Setchell

OHA - A Banks 2, T Moore 2, S McCallum, D Archer, T Whitelaw

Best - DOSA - L Manser, J O'Brien, M Fisher, K Harvey, A Davey, B Setchell

OHA - D Ryan, S Whitelaw, N Skeggs, B Langford, C Hevey, A Riseley

Ladder
University 3 2 1 - 297 181 164.09 8

DOSA 3 2 1 - 299 205 145.85 8

Richmond 3 2 1 - 289 252 114.68 8

OHA 4 2 2 - 309 373 82.84 8

Hutchins 4 2 2 - 276 327 84.40 8

St Virgils 4 1 3 - 284 333 85.28 4

Channel 3 1 2 - 149 232 64.22 4

Leading Goalkickers F Reeves University (4) 14, S Bowering OHA (-) 12, H Kingston Hutchins (2) 9, M Darcy Channel 9

Reserves

Channel 6.14. 50

Hutchins 5.6. 36

Goals - Channel - B Pitt 2, B Garth-Smith 2, C Stockfeld, N Mansfield

Hutchins - J Hay, J Swain, A Lovibond, J Coad, J Parker

Best - Channel - A Sharp, R Schuth, B Sculthorpe, C Stockfeld, B Pitt, R Cracknell

Hutchins - J Coad, A Hogan, J Swain, J Heron, T Salewicz, A Lovibond

University 12.15. 87

St Virgils 5. 9. 39

Goals - University - I Sulzberger 3, Z Lieutier 3, J Harrison 2, C Dinely, D Burgess, C Jordon, K Takayama

St Virgils - S Quinn, G Horne, S Groves, S Gray, L Thomas

Best - University - Z Durkin, J Harrison, I Sulzberger, K Takayama, T Ryan, G Livingston

St Virgils - S Quinn, N Free, J Ackerley, J Hooker

DOSA 13.14. 92

OHA 6.13. 49

Goals - DOSA - J Howard 4, M Robinson 3, M Hamilton 2, T Curtain, K Dooley, G Crowe, S Byrne

OHA - P Reason 2, T Oakley, J Tierney, T Austin, K Nikolai

Best - DOSA - T Allcock, M McCallum, G Crowe, M Scott, M Robinson, L Calvert

OHA - W Garvey, N Balcombe, S Beattie, M Bannister, P Stanley, D Saunders

Richmond 171.20% 12pts,

University 167.33% 12pts

DOSA 114.28% 8pts,

St Virgils 91.29% 8pts

Hutchins 92.01% 4pts,

Channel 79.31% 4pts,

OHA 57.36% 0pts

Leading Goalkickers A Palfreyman Hutchins (-) 13, J Howard DOSA (4) 9, M Robinson DOSA (3) 8

Are you for real? Last time we played the Chickens we had 30 goals up our sleeve with players out and Channel did not score a goal last time we played them. DOSA would need Standen to bring some Clarence team mates with him and for us to lose all the players Arigold mentioned for it to even be close! Gonna be a long time before either of those two clubs get close to beating the best in the business, something I'm sure even their most ardent supporters would agree with!

WOW how do you feel now TOSSA? This is the typical arrogance from OHA supporters, the same one's who were nowhere to be seen today at the 10 minute mark of the last quarter.You have been very quiet on this forum so far this season & after todays result i'm guessing we will hear even less from you.

Why Hello there old pal!

Gotta hand it to ya, stitched us up good and proper!

I've been asked to keep a lower profile on here this year, as some quite rightly didn't want me providing motivation to other clubs, which judging by how excited you are I've done so last year.

No question, we're not playing as well as we would like and it's up to us to change that.

Why Hello there old pal!

Gotta hand it to ya, stitched us up good and proper!

I've been asked to keep a lower profile on here this year, as some quite rightly didn't want me providing motivation to other clubs, which judging by how excited you are I've done so last year.

No question, we're not playing as well as we would like and it's up to us to change that.

you will be missed Stirrer but not as much as your comedy style posts

Looking at the team on Sporting pulse from the weekend there were 8 missing from last years Grand Final (which includes Langford) plus Jury (who didn't play in the GF) is obviously suspended for most of the season.

Of those 8, I'm only aware of 3 that definitely aren't playing (one of which is Langford). A couple of them are yet to play this year due to injury. Bannister played in the two's on the weekend, but played one's the week before so not sure what he's up to as you would think if available he is a walk up start to the one's. A couple of others must be injured or had other commitments.

Looks like Whitelaw is the only recruit the Ships have picked up this year.

Looking at the team on Sporting pulse from the weekend there were 8 missing from last years Grand Final (which includes Langford) plus Jury (who didn't play in the GF) is obviously suspended for most of the season.

Of those 8, I'm only aware of 3 that definitely aren't playing (one of which is Langford). A couple of them are yet to play this year due to injury. Bannister played in the two's on the weekend, but played one's the week before so not sure what he's up to as you would think if available he is a walk up start to the one's. A couple of others must be injured or had other commitments.

Looks like Whitelaw is the only recruit the Ships have picked up this year.

Who's the 8 missing? Would it make a differnce?

I think the senior competition is fantastic this year as it seems quite even at this early stage with no stand out. Its great that all clubs have a win on the board and each week is hard to pick who'll win!

Word around the traps is that Marcus 'Spud' Turner will be lining up for Richmond this weekend. Ex Clarence/Mariners, before a serious leg break ended his budding career. Should be a very handy pick up for the Blues!!! :thumbsu::thumbsu:
Predictions for the weekend???

Agreed that the competition is looking better this year. Should be a tough fight for the top 4 this season. The influx of ex-TSL players certainly lifts the standard!

From what I can tell the 8 not playing were Langford, Zakauskas, Orchard, Bannister, Unsworth, Bateman, Fenton and Thomson.

I would think that individually probably only a couple of these would make a difference, but collectively they must of made some difference since last year the team went undefeated.

Maybe ShipStirrer as resident OHA expert would have a better opinion of what difference they would make compared to those currently playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word around the traps is that Marcus 'Spud' Turner will be lining up for Richmond this weekend. Ex Clarence/Mariners, before a serious leg break ended his budding career. Should be a very handy pick up for the Blues!!! :thumbsu::thumbsu:
Predictions for the weekend???

Great news for Marcus. Horrible, horrible injury he had. Wish him all the best :thumbsu:

Tips

DOSA over St Virg
Richmond over Uni
and OHA over Channel

So the way my tips have been going, DOSA will get rolled, Uni will continue its form and beat Richmond and Channel will stun OHA!!

Heard that a few Hutchins boys were on a mystery bus trip on Saturday night and clashed with a few locals at the Kingston Hotel. One player had his collarbone broken, while the bus had windows smashed out of it.

Expect more to come out of this!!!

Was it a Hutchins mystery bus trip, or was i just a few Hutchins players on a mystery bus trip (organised outside the club)? Bit unfair to link it to the club, if it's the latter.

By the way i'm not saying you have linked it to the club, just asking for clarifications sake.:thumbsu:

Was it a Hutchins mystery bus trip, or was i just a few Hutchins players on a mystery bus trip (organised outside the club)? Bit unfair to link it to the club, if it's the latter.

By the way i'm not saying you have linked it to the club, just asking for clarifications sake.:thumbsu:

Was a club mystery bus trip

Heard that a few Hutchins boys were on a mystery bus trip on Saturday night and clashed with a few locals at the Kingston Hotel. One player had his collarbone broken, while the bus had windows smashed out of it.

Expect more to come out of this!!!

s**t, who broke their collarbone.

Can sometimes get a little rowdy down that way at the local.

Hutchins player stabbed with broken bottle also, Hutchins boys giving statements to police over next few days. crazy to think that things can get so out of hand at a local pub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back