Rumour Ollie Wines Is Coming Home

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets just wait and see. Port have over reached. Wines has come home for Christmas & New Year.

Its up to him now if he wants to set himself up for life, Port need to make finals, need to come up with a huge offer & they need Wines to be prepared to take under market value. This will be touch and go - things change, but I'm sure his family will have a big say in the matter. If he stays good on him, but the money is against Port keeping him.

We all play by the same set of rules. As long as Port play by the rules I just wish the kid well in whatever he might choose.

This is a perfect manoeuvre. If you don't get Wines, boom - can just claim that your source was 100% legit, but Port refused to play by the rules and cheated somehow.

This is a perfect manoeuvre. If you don't get Wines, boom - can just claim that your source was 100% legit, but Port refused to play by the rules and cheated somehow.

We've all just taken to ignoring him actually ... For fear he'll engage us in a 1 on 1 and make his judgement on us from there

Wrong I'm alluding to the fact you have majorily errored in your salary cap last year. I just hope Ollie does not have to pay for that. I understand supporters dont take to these discussions very well. Wines has one football career - he needs to make the most of it and do what best for himself.

Im going to quote one of your own - "600k wouldn't even get him to the table." the real LOL is ... if .... thats true Wines wont be at Port next year.

600k lol. Scully and Boyd are on nearly double that and neither of them are fit to tie Wines' bootlaces. 600k wouldn't even get him to the table. In the unlikely event that he's playing in Victoria next year, someone will be paying him a million dollars a year or thereabouts to do it.

OK let's hear this fact

Exactly, all we are asking for is "Transparency" if a club is "bending" the rules ( with AFL approval - I assume ) Port and the AFL are forced to be transparent.

But just for the record its well known what you are "over" paying Ryder & Dixon - Port was not their only option, but it definitely was their highest paid option.

Wrong I'm alluding to the fact you have majorily errored in your salary cap last year. I just hope Ollie does not have to pay for that. I understand supporters dont take to these discussions very well. Wines has one football career - he needs to make the most of it and do what best for himself.

Im going to quote one of your own - "600k wouldn't even get him to the table." the real LOL is ... if .... thats true Wines wont be at Port next year.

Dude I said it was a fantastic move - I need to take notes for my day to day corporate life in ensuring I can make outlandish claims with no basis in reality.

And one of my own? I never knew I took responsibility for other fans of my teams opinions. Does this mean I can wrack s**t on the other Demons fans for your deluded statements despite a majority having an opinion contrary to your own?

The only person who really continuously throws the 'Ports salary cap is bursting' rhetoric is Barrett, who keeps his head so far up his arse I'm somewhat impressed he finds the time to write articles. People said we couldn't grab or keep the following due to salary cap space: Dixon, Hartlett, Lobbe and Wingard this season alone - so what makes Wines any different?

Put it this way: There's 0 evidence Hogan is going to Freo despite the media's and idiotic fans who crack s**t theories claiming he is good as gone and I don't think he has any chance of leaving Melbourne as a result. 90% of journalism is absolute bullshit - and as a Melbourne fan with the way the media often drags your club through the dirt surely you'd agree? Why would I start believing the speculation now?

Exactly, all we are asking for is "Transparency" if a club is "bending" the rules ( with AFL approval - I assume ) Port and the AFL are forced to be transparent.

But just for the record its well known what you are "over" paying Ryder & Dixon - Port was not their only option, but it definitely was their highest paid option.

This is my reference

http://www.foxsports.com.au/news/ch...n/news-story/af4d520397035f0c02c3040bbd6eb91b

Please provide yours that says we paid more than that for Dixon.

Dude I said it was a fantastic move - I need to take notes for my day to day corporate life in ensuring I can make outlandish claims with no basis in reality.

And one of my own? I never knew I took responsibility for other fans of my teams opinions. Does this mean I can wrack s**t on the other Demons fans for your deluded statements despite a majority having an opinion contrary to your own?

The only person who really continuously throws the 'Ports salary cap is bursting' rhetoric is Barrett, who keeps his head so far up his arse I'm somewhat impressed he finds the time to write articles. People said we couldn't grab or keep the following due to salary cap space: Dixon, Hartlett, Lobbe and Wingard this season alone - so what makes Wines any different?

Put it this way: There's 0 evidence Hogan is going to Freo despite the media's and idiotic fans who crack s**t theories claiming he is good as gone and I don't think he has any chance of leaving Melbourne as a result. 90% of journalism is absolute bullshit - and as a Melbourne fan with the way the media often drags your club through the dirt surely you'd agree? Why would I start believing the speculation now?

Thank-you. I'm somewhat in full agreement. So its simple lets get rid of the "speculation". Lets have a transparent system - if you have nothing to hide. Sorry, I dont read Barrett so I cant make any comments there.

Regarding other Demon fans - think the best comments Ive heard on them for the last 20 years came from PauL Roos - The MFC's current coach. They are also well documented as he delivered live on national TV. So personally You are 100% right my views are further for most around here as you could imagine - As a great man said "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mahatma_gandhi.html#JgiI7kjGEbJLiDyu.99

Last edited:
Thank-you. I'm somewhat in full agreement. So its simple lets get rid of the "speculation". Lets have a transparent system - if you have nothing to hide. Sorry, I dont read Barrett so I cant make any comments there.

Regarding other Demon fans - think the best comments Ive heard on them for the last 20 years came from PauL Roos - The MFC's current coach. They are also well documented as he delivered live on national TV. So personally You are 100% right my views are further for most around here as you could imagine - As a great man said "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mahatma_gandhi.html#JgiI7kjGEbJLiDyu.99

If you're talking about the salary cap I'd love to see a transparent system and think it'd be a simple end to speculation. Understand that as a Port fan this season alone - we were meant to lose Lobbe, Schulz, Hartlett and Wingard whilst not fitting in Dixon, yet have managed to lose 0 players while getting our man. We lost Moore to lack of opportunity and that's it. I doubt Wines is any different.

Port have been very public with how close we are to signing him again and every single time this has been released by the club, its been done in the next fortnight. I'd be shocked at the clubs media team's incompetence if we claimed this when it wasn't all but a done deal.

There's Port players I suspect will be changing clubs in the next two years. I don't believe our club shits diamonds and is literally perfect. But the primary sources suggest to me we're keeping him for now.

i'll ignore you're completely made up "well known facts" and i'm not one for posting on other peoples boards but are you suggesting we are cheating the salary cap with the AFL's approval??

edit* ignore i just realised you were the OP nevermind.

i'll ignore you're completely made up "well known facts" and i'm not one for posting on other peoples boards but are you suggesting we are cheating the salary cap with the AFL's approval??

edit* ignore i just realised you were the OP nevermind.
Ignore is a good strategy

If you're talking about the salary cap I'd love to see a transparent system and think it'd be a simple end to speculation.

Again we are in 100% agreement.

Understand that as a Port fan this season alone - we were meant to lose Lobbe, Schulz, Hartlett and Wingard whilst not fitting in Dixon, yet have managed to lose 0 players while getting our man. We lost Moore to lack of opportunity and that's it. I doubt Wines is any different.

Port have been very public with how close we are to signing him again and every single time this has been released by the club, its been done in the next fortnight. I'd be shocked at the clubs media team's incompetence if we claimed this when it wasn't all but a done deal.

There's Port players I suspect will be changing clubs in the next two years. I don't believe our club shits diamonds and is literally perfect. But the primary sources suggest to me we're keeping him for now.

Wishing you all the best. I think you have done an amazing job. If you are getting SOME players to accept unders that should be acknowledged. But again lets get a transparent system.

Please post evidence of this fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mods: Can somebody please piss this thread designed to troll PA supporters for no apparent reason, and with no relevance to MFC, off this board?

There's plenty of other Bay13 style places for it to live.

Mods: Can somebody please piss this thread designed to troll PA supporters for no apparent reason, and with no relevance to MFC, off this board?

Second this

Yes never thought you of all people would understand the relevance to the MFC.

Yes never thought you of all people would understand the relevance to the MFC.
Mate there is a trade thread that covers this it really wasn't necessary to make, if anything it grabs the attention of port adelaide fans more than it does MFC fans

Mate there is a trade thread that covers this it really wasn't necessary to make, if anything it grabs the attention of port adelaide fans more than it does MFC fans

They have there own board to discuss this. If I was posting on their board, which I have not - because I understand most AFL fans dont handle "speculation very well.

But its simple if you dont like what I say ignore it - Just dont become like Proper Gander if you dont like what somebody says then you "label" them.

In reality if you read the thread "dinger" and myself are in agreement on may points.

They have there own board to discuss this. If I was posting on their board, which I have not - because I understand most AFL fans dont handle "speculation very well.

But its simple if you dont like what I say ignore it - Just dont become like Proper Gander if you dont like what somebody says then you "label" them.

In reality if you read the thread "dinger" and myself are in agreement on may points.
Wasn't hating on you. Just saying the thread is a bit redundant when there is a thread that covers this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back