Ollie Wines v Jaeger O'Meara

Who will be better?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ollie has played 5 finals and is part of a top 4 side leadership group. Ollies no infant.
Mooney won 3 flags and Tredrea 1.

Mooney>>Tredrea?

O'meara long term. Still cant help but feel Wines' ceiling isnt as high due to his lack of speed and body size.
Please expand on how his body size will hold Wines back given he is super strong and 6'2 at the moment. Although I agree with you, your specific reasoning confuses me.

Please expand on how his body size will hold Wines back given he is super strong and 6'2 at the moment. Although I agree with you, your specific reasoning confuses me.
Midfielders these days, the very best are exceptional all round athletes. Even the biggest like Watson and Mundy are good runners when they want to be. I think Wines is going to have to lose a bit of weight.

both.png

Wines better currently, O'Meara with a higher ceiling. Neither of those things are suprising, I'm tipping O'Meara will reach closer to his potential and will have a better career than Wines, but you'd love either because Wines will be a great mid too.

Had to draft one I'd take O'Meara.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch them both play. And youll see that o'meara is much more skilled....
So what you're saying is because you think O'Meara is "much more skilled" that makes him have a better mind set on the game :drunk:

Come back when O'Meara has kicked 3 goals and has had 26 disposals in a Semi final, or 2 goals 24 disposals in an Q/E final. Come back when O'Meara is in a leadership group. Based on their careers so far Wines is the better player. 5 years down the tract is just a guessing game.

So what you're saying is because you think O'Meara is "much more skilled" that makes him have a better mind set on the game :drunk:

Come back when O'Meara has kicked 3 goals and has had 26 disposals in a Semi final, or 2 goals 24 disposals in an Q/E final. Come back when O'Meara is in a leadership group. Based on their careers so far Wines is the better player. 5 years down the tract is just a guessing game.
Come back when wines has won a rising star award.

Wines achievements >>>> O'Meare achievements so far.

WTF?

Awards
O'Meara - Rising Star 2013, AFLCA best young player 2014
Wines - Nothing

AFLCA best young player award previous
Winners
2003 - Chris Judd (West Coast)
2004 - Daniel Wells (Kangaroos)
2005 - Adam Cooney (Western Bulldogs)
2006 - Ryan Griffen (Western Bulldogs)
2007 - Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood)
2008 - Joel Selwood (Geelong)
2009 - Cyril Rioli (Hawthorn)
2010 - Stephen Hill (Fremantle)
2011 - Nathan Fyfe (Fremantle)
2012 - Dyson Heppell (Essendon)
2013 - Jeremy Cameron (GWS)
2014 - Jaeger O'Meara (Gold Coast)

Last edited:
I guarantee you that 35% of those votes are from port supporters. Next thing youll be trying to say thst travis boak is better then fyfe or selwood. Idiot
You can throw around assumptions all you like, doesn't change the fact that wines has 40% of the votes. Mostly port supporters or not, no matter what you say or think O'Meara is not "clearly better". Wines right now is the better player based on performances. O'Meara is the better player based on potential

Next you will be telling me freo have a chance at a premiership. Ha!

Last edited:
Back