On tactics and enjoyment of the game

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been disappointed in the way Chelsea have performed lately. A lot of people are saying this is down to Mourinho not rotating the squad. I 100% agree with this, but I think there's a fundamental flaw as well.

It's his tactics. They're so defeatist and boring. We're currently 6 points clear of the league with a game in hand but you wouldn't know it by watching us play. It looks more like we should be around 10th with the likes of Stoke.

I get up so early to watch the team play and am almost put back to sleep by his defensive regime. It's disgusting and after much thought I've decided I can't in all good faith support that sort of "football" any more.

I can't choose another team in England to support, so I've decided to act on the advice of the likes of typeclub and kaiserchief13 and support a team I enjoy watching.

Bayern Munich. Pep Guardiola's style is the most interesting to watch. I hate watching the other team have possession, and with Mourinho's style this happens sometimes for 55% of the game. That is just unacceptable. Watching Guardiola teams have the ball almost 100% of the time is what I want to see.

I'm sorry to chef, BluesMan, Flameboy, Thistle and everyone else but I just can't follow Chelsea any longer.

BAYERN ÜBER ALLES!

I've been disappointed in the way Chelsea have performed lately. A lot of people are saying this is down to Mourinho not rotating the squad. I 100% agree with this, but I think there's a fundamental flaw as well.

It's his tactics. They're so defeatist and boring. We're currently 6 points clear of the league with a game in hand but you wouldn't know it by watching us play. It looks more like we should be around 10th with the likes of Stoke.

I get up so early to watch the team play and am almost put back to sleep by his defensive regime. It's disgusting and after much thought I've decided I can't in all good faith support that sort of "football" any more.

I can't choose another team in England to support, so I've decided to act on the advice of the likes of typeclub and kaiserchief13 and support a team I enjoy watching.

Bayern Munich. Pep Guardiola's style is the most interesting to watch. I hate watching the other team have possession, and with Mourinho's style this happens sometimes for 55% of the game. That is just unacceptable. Watching Guardiola teams have the ball almost 100% of the time is what I want to see.

I'm sorry to chef, BluesMan, Flameboy, Thistle and everyone else but I just can't follow Chelsea any longer.

BAYERN ÜBER ALLES!
Dude! Abandoning Chelsea! get in here and set this guy straight! chef

Did you have this viewpoint earlier in the season when you were banging in the goals?

Stops supporting Chelsea due to boring tactics, yet continues to support Essendon.

:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought someone hacked his account at first after reading the OP :)

I can understand his frustrations - a superstar expensively assembled squad playing dour football. Can see why Mourinho didn't work at Real. Most Chelsea fans have patience now but will they accept this sort of football long term?

iDEOG8ez198HW.gif

I can understand his frustrations - a superstar expensively assembled squad playing dour football. Can see why Mourinho didn't work at Real. Most Chelsea fans have patience now but will they accept this sort of football long term?

I don't see why not, it gets results and isn't really as bad as some like to make out. Plus we dont play the same way every game.

You are much better off waiting for Pep to do his 'sabbatical' as soon as someone takes a trophy off him as there's only so many times he can reject the desperate Roman so he'll probs end up at Chelsea anyway where you can finally see some decent footy

its not like there's any competition in the EPL meanwhile and you know Pep will love it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back