On The Ball - Internet AFL game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lost my team also. Have sent two messages through the support link on the main page but have heard nothing so I assume Exa has decided that he can do away with teams that are well established. I have no intention of starting again from the start.

Lost my team also. Have sent two messages through the support link on the main page but have heard nothing so I assume Exa has decided that he can do away with teams that are well established. I have no intention of starting again from the start.

werent you already a long term player? i remember your name, jihg from somewhere

werent you already a long term player? i remember your name, jihg from somewhere

Have played OTB since about season two or three managed to make it to ALL so yeah the lack of response is disappointing.

Also play battrick and from the pavilion both under the name jihg let ftp go because bt and otb were enough so it appears only bt now.

I am also at bt and ftp(and blackout rugby) I have the feeling that on the ball is maintained badly. seems like it is only one guy doing it all and it looks much less easy to handle as in the general set up of the site.

It is one guy doing it all and the biggest problem is that it falls over usually when he isn't around to fix it but at the ned of the day it is his intellectual property. If the game didn't crash so often it would be one of the better games going especially for us Aussies who love Aussie rules.

As for my team it would seem to be dead and staying that way. I have sent a third message and still no reply at all not even a message to say there is nothing he can do which is very disappointing but seems to be very indicative of the poor communications that has plagued the game for a while. It is disappointing that the game crashes and he loses teams and he either won't or can't do anything for them right now the most annoying thing is the amount of time I put into my team only to lose it all through nothing that I did.

Must say that right now I would find it hard to recommend this game to anyone now.

At last! It looks like there's going to be a decent alternative to OTB!

http://www.holdingtheball.com/

Sounds interesting. Not a great deal of info yet, but I guess that will happen with time. Hopefully it gets off the ground.

Not sure about just Crows fans in the video too...

OTB/HTB...could be a case of stolen intellectual property there too? lol.

Sounds interesting. Not a great deal of info yet, but I guess that will happen with time. Hopefully it gets off the ground.

Not sure about just Crows fans in the video too...

OTB/HTB...could be a case of stolen intellectual property there too? lol.

The owner is a Crows Supporter, He's the maker of Track King.

And possibly...

sounds good. Although I am still member of ontheball i still havent got the grasp of it really, too unstructured.

Well.. OTB is coming to an end.

Direct quote from exa:

Code:
Howdy,

20-09-2013 is the day after the last platinum expires. I've disabled the 12 month platinum option, effectively closing down OTB on this date for good.

If you've been wondering if I've been on Holiday I haven't, I'm not caught up studying, I'm not ill and neither is anyone in my family, work is fine. Life is just busy.

I've had enough. It's no longer a joy to work on this game. I cannot dedicate enough time or energy to maintain the level of support it requires, but to put it plainly I just don't want to anymore.
When you cannot enjoy your life because of the burden of something then its time to remove that burden. Its pretty tough to call something I've bled over the last 9 years, but that's what OTB has been reduced to. I will do what I can to ride out the next year or so but there will be no new features, just bug fixing.

Those who have contributed to the game have been awesome, it's has been a real pleasure to know/develop along with you.

So once this date hits I will have decided what to do with the game, weather to turn it into a more hybrid version or something completely different. There are so many other things worthwhile working on which i would much prefer to be doing.

Enjoy it while it lasts.
Jon

A lot of people paid to play this game, what a ******* joke.

To be honest, he lasted a lot longer than i thought he would. I can't believe he left it all to himself to try and keep the game afloat. It was certainly frustrating with all the bugs and the downtime etc, and in a way, leaving it to himself probably hindered the game to flourish and probably turned more people away that had people staying.

To be honest, he lasted a lot longer than i thought he would. I can't believe he left it all to himself to try and keep the game afloat. It was certainly frustrating with all the bugs and the downtime etc, and in a way, leaving it to himself probably hindered the game to flourish and probably turned more people away that had people staying.

Yep very true. I hate to see one of the only AFL management games end on this note though. He is considering palming it off to a different coder on the forums, and I honestly hope he does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh I am not ttoo surprised either- if it is done by a person alone they tried well. But I thought that it was a bit half baked. it looked a bit cluttered in comparison to the other great games of ftp BR BT etc.
also the help files where either not existent or replaced by some script monster that made my old pc crash. Nice idea though and maybe someone else takes it up at some point.

There is a new online AFL game, called Holding The Ball, currently under development. The developer is hoping to have it ready for beta release in September. Here is the game website and check the Facebook page for progress updates.

hm I wonder whether it is going to be any better? I'd like if it was similarly good like blackoutrugby :)

haha

I am trying to get in contact with the old owner to see if I can take the game over and get it going again.... so far I havent had any luck yet!

Good luck mate. Hope it works out for you.

Me too mate, I have been emailing, Facebooking and even Linkedin to get in contact with him!

Do you play FromthePavilion?

I know the guy running that joined up to OnTheBall with a view to taking it over I think.

You could try him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back