On the Couch - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I guess. Wouldn't want to wait too long though. He might end up another Dunstall/Dermott.
Being paid an exorbitant amount of money to do a relatively easy job that allows him to spend lots of time with his family and enjoying his hobbies?

The humanity...

Being paid an exorbitant amount of money to do a relatively easy job that allows him to spend lots of time with his family and enjoying his hobbies?

The humanity...
There's no need for sarcasm. IF he had any ambitions to coach THEN he wouldn't want to stay out of the game for too long OR he might end up another fat bastard paid to sniff his own farts in a studio. Pretty simple.

There's no need for sarcasm. IF he had any ambitions to coach THEN he wouldn't want to stay out of the game for too long OR he might end up another fat bastard paid to sniff his own farts in a studio. Pretty simple.
Is that you Damo?

:p

How good is this show going?! My favourite these days. Just football talk without the crap.

Gerard is ok directing the show and with two alphas sitting near him, he leaves the opinions to them and keeps his stupid opinions to himself (take note 3AW).

Dunstall and Brown are brilliant and work really well together, they don't deal with bullshit, sadly its refreshing. Plus their occasional jibes at each other are genuine and amusing.

Both of them just laughed Gerard off when he started to suggest lines on the field to cut back on running too far, shot down his bullshit in seconds.

Last edited:
Brown has improved, still moves his head around like those clowns on sideshow alley that you put the ping pong balls into, but prefer him to Dunstall.

But its better than what I see as its direct comparisons, talking footy and footy classified

Brown has improved, still moves his head around like those clowns on sideshow alley that you put the ping pong balls into, but prefer him to Dunstall.

But its better than what I see as its direct comparisons, talking footy and footy classified

Brown is doing a good job, knows the players, acknowledges he is a bit biased for Brisbane etc. Liking his work so far. He also doesn't take himself too seriously which seriously stands out compared to previous panelists like hird / roos etc.

Saw them address the Goodes thing on Monday. Both Dunstall and Brown handled it perfectly. Without faux media outrage or treading on racist eggshells both said that the circumstances or the man doing it were beside the point. People should be careful goading opposition supporters. Simple.

Gerard brought up the Haka and Brown rightly put him in his box by saying it was a poor comparison. One is done towards the other players, before the game. One was done directly at opposing fans, during the game. Dunstall said the theatre was great, but that it was a bit antagonistic.

This show is still standing out for me as a small ray of light in a terrible line-up of footy shows across all channels. Even WITH Healy. No chasing headlines, no fat drunk idiots, no 'what about the kids'... Actual astute ex players with good guests, discussing the events of the weekend.

More welcome commentary on this show last night. In the opening 15 minutes:
- Brown called Hird out for being a bit of a hypocrite regarding the 'naive and idiotic' comment, with vision of the 2001 Grand Final
- Dunstall lined up the MRP (and Robbo) showing a tackle made by buddy that was identical to the Gibbs one, pointing out that the outcome shouldn't affect the penalty. Really well argued.
- Dunstall gave Robbo a clip, laughing about he takes the moral high ground lambasting 'the old guys' who are stuck in the 80s and then in the same week he called on Essendon to make a stand themselves, 'get unsociable with the unsociable hawks'..

I love this show. They've got the combination and chemistry of the hosts (including Healy) spot on. It and Open Mike are the only ones worth watching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny thing is Hird would probably agree with him. Doesn't make Mitchell's actions any less 'naive and idiotic' if that's what we're calling it.

I dont think he was justifying Mitchell. More pointing out that seconds after saying he accepted Mitchell's apology, he threw a jibe in anyway which was hypocritical.

I thought Healey's analysis of the Eagles "web" defence was very well done.

Getting a little tired of Dunstall's knee-jerk reaction in respect to playing down any Hawks flag favouritism.
They're the favourites. Deal with it.

I thought Healey's analysis of the Eagles "web" defence was very well done.

Getting a little tired of Dunstall's knee-jerk reaction in respect to playing down any Hawks flag favouritism.
They're the favourites. Deal with it.

So am I. Good to see Brown call him out on it this week, another example why this show is so good. No games, straight to the point.

Was very noticeable tonight that Ablett wasn't mentioned anywhere in the show after the Brown Dog gave him a fair clip the other week.

Brown is doing a good job, knows the players, acknowledges he is a bit biased for Brisbane etc. Liking his work so far. He also doesn't take himself too seriously which seriously stands out compared to previous panelists like hird / roos etc.
I thought that he would be s**t but he is actually good, at least he seems to bother to watch all the games properly every week unlike Sheehan :rolleyes:

I've stopped watching. I really can't stand Dunstall and Healy. Any chance Browny could get his own show?
I still watch, but not nearly with as much interest. Healy and Dunstall don't mix well together. I like Browny, but Dunstall is the killer on the show. He is overused on Foxtel and just becomes another show for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back