News On this day 10 years ago ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 29, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA RAMS
April 10th 2005.

Hawthorn 11.9 75 are narrowly defeated by Essendon 10.17 77.

Jordan Lewis plays his first game for the club.

5898279_orig.jpg

6077761_orig.jpg

My brother is a Hawks fan and I remember this match pissing him off no end. The Hawks hadn't beaten Essendon since 1997, Hawks got close on this day and the Bombers arsed the win with the contentious goal. The Hawks did however beat the Bombers the second time in season 2005...

Is this the one where Hay clearly touched an Essendon goal but it didn't get called? Cost us the game.

Think Hay kicked it through for a behind and Dean Solomon claimed it.

Was paid. I ******* hate Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if being sarcastic, but probably fair enough if not.

Simon Beaumont. Came from Carlton and played 27 games for us. Was a backman.

View attachment 123112

His best moment for us was when he smacked Justin Murphy in the chops during the line in the sand game.

His best moment for us was when he smacked Justin Murphy in the chops during the line in the sand game.

Quite amusing that Beaumont's name has arisen, when at Carlton he made a career out of beating James Hird. Got him contractor extensions and increases in salary every time.

His greatest claim to fame was having kicked 8 goals to half time once and not bothering the scorers again.

My brother is a Hawks fan and I remember this match pissing him off no end. The Hawks hadn't beaten Essendon since 1997, Hawks got close on this day and the Bombers arsed the win with the contentious goal. The Hawks did however beat the Bombers the second time in season 2005...

This has happened a few times.

Is this the one where Hay clearly touched an Essendon goal but it didn't get called? Cost us the game.

Yep. He kicked it off the deck from between a group of players so the goal umpire called it a goal.

100% wrong decision.

Lost by less than a goal.

Won 3 premierships since

Scum haven't won a final since then

Yep. He kicked it off the deck from between a group of players so the goal umpire called it a goal.

100% wrong decision.

Lost by less than a goal.

Won 3 premierships since

Scum haven't won a final since then
You're wrong. Essendon have won a few April premierships since then. :rolleyes: :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back