Online Poker Content/HH thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe for low micro stakes but regs and winning players either do it or dont, but theyre balanced so they do it all the time, whether its AA or J5

It can be deceptive, but nobody at high stakes is falling for it. In 3bet/4bet pots sometimes it can just be to make the opponent think a little harder than giving them round numbers to crunch, make them do the rounding

Other players just have certain numbers or bets in their head, like at 800/1600 they'll always raise to 3345 or some random number that means something to them/is 'their' raise size

I minraise postflop and bet odd amounts preflop. You can bet something like 7569 and it can carry the weight of 8k postflop, bad players could just round up and treat it as a bigger bet than it is

Its all minimal stuff, not an exact science or deserving of a chapter in a book

As the blinds get bigger compared to your relative stack size in terms of BB (Big Blinds) the raises get smaller as not to inflate the pot preflop. Also you dont want to be raising 3-4xBB then only to have to cbet bigger because of the amount in the pot pre.

Also as you get to around 16-0bb you should be playing push or fold basically, min opening now isn't profitable (exception is maybe having a premium hand with known raisers behind and want to get them to shove over the top with worse hands weak A's, KQ low pockets etc.)

How did you end up anyway?

I was 2-5 in chips throughout but I just didn't have the stamina with a new baby stopping me sleeping for the lagging in the various money slots that was going on. We were stuck on 10 players for ever so I decided to go crazy and win big or get sleep. I went out in consecutive hands from just outside the chip lead in 10th. :oops: I won $120 which was nice for $5.50 of buy in but I think I would've rather had the sleep. I'll probably stick to tourney's with quicker blind levels from here.

Congrats, I often find myself playing turbo tournaments later on in the night as I work 9-5 and its hard when playing till 3-4 in the morning. Try not to register for any non turbo tournaments after about 8 or else they just go way to late.

So I was playing a turbo $4.40 rebuy Aussie millions satellite last night with late rebuys and there were silly people rebuying for one big blind constantly then half then a third of the blind. s**t was crazy. It was 5K/10K 1K ante and they were rebuying every hand. o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the poker god's are telling me something

Flopped 2 lots of sets and lost 2 all in's with them to 4 card flushes and straight's

Then flopped A with AK (i'm top 50 for stack in a turbo tourney) guy pushes and he rivers a set with pocket 10's to chase me again

FML!!! Unbelievable. EVERY hand i have been in and way ahead, i end up losing.

Every time i'm behind, but chasing, i never catch up. Hang on, there was one. had QQ, guy pushes and flops an A. I turn a Q though

So i ended up 5th after being chased down again. Was card dead for the first 10-15 mins and then this happened to take away a majority of my chips:

Had KJ on a flop of J72 and the guy went runner runner with his AQh to hit a flush (after he pushed, following a re raise from me on the flop)

Got $193 from my $3.3 investment, but the $750 sure woulda been nice considering the time and all!

Got $193 from my $3.3 investment, but the $750 sure woulda been nice considering the time and all!
I recently finished 2nd in a $2.20 tourney on Stars for ~$165 (1st paid ~$220). Was nice to get the score but it took 6+ hours to get there. :confused: Kinda glad I'm playing for fun rather than profit. LOL.

Some people say they love having their passion as the way they make their living, whereas others say they effectively ruin what was their passion by doing so. Can't know until you try I guess.

22 players left, 8 places paid, currently 3rd in chips, BB is 67/30 over about 50 hands, raised from BB previous orbit with 92 suited then barrelled 3 streets with 9 high.

***** Cassava Hand History for Game 431782453 *****
$400/$800 Blinds No Limit Holdem - *** 06 12 2012 16:38:23
Tournament #43216845 $20 + $2 - Table #3 (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: VeraYun21 ( $9,024 )
Seat 5: c_moi_doc ( $29,628 )
Seat 6: BlufBlufShuv ( $33,664 )
Seat 9: Fletchy52 ( $119,583 )
Seat 10: Afanasyev89 ( $10,412 )
c_moi_doc posts ante [$80]
Fletchy52 posts ante [$80]
VeraYun21 posts ante [$80]
BlufBlufShuv posts ante [$80]
Afanasyev89 posts ante [$80]
BlufBlufShuv posts small blind [$400]
Fletchy52 posts big blind [$800]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to BlufBlufShuv [ 9h, 9s ]
Afanasyev89 folds
VeraYun21 folds
c_moi_doc folds
BlufBlufShuv calls [$400]
Fletchy52 raises [$2,400]
BlufBlufShuv ??

This one was out of the money, around $6k or so up top - wait for a better spot or take a shot? Opener was super super loose, opening over 50% of hands, shover 25/24 ~ 15 3-bet and perhaps playing the opener.

PokerStars Hand #90231035664: Tournament #659010931, $25.00+$2.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XV (300/600) - 2012/12/04 14:39:33 AEST [2012/12/03 22:39:33 ET]
Table '659010931 9' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: VoronaVlad (2690 in chips)
Seat 2: UpToInfinite (35258 in chips)
Seat 3: Sleepzor (7443 in chips)
Seat 4: Muck Barnes (11323 in chips)
Seat 5: urgonalikeme (10866 in chips)
Seat 6: doutorlucky (7144 in chips)
Seat 7: Hero (21324 in chips)
Seat 8: THE RAFSTER (7824 in chips)
Seat 9: Jenny0808 (14160 in chips)
VoronaVlad: posts the ante 70
UpToInfinite: posts the ante 70
Sleepzor: posts the ante 70
Muck Barnes: posts the ante 70
urgonalikeme: posts the ante 70
doutorlucky: posts the ante 70
Hero: posts the ante 70
THE RAFSTER: posts the ante 70
Jenny0808: posts the ante 70
Hero: posts small blind 300
THE RAFSTER: posts big blind 600
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [7d 7s]
Jenny0808: raises 600 to 1200
VoronaVlad: folds
UpToInfinite: folds
Sleepzor: folds
Muck Barnes: folds
urgonalikeme: raises 9596 to 10796 and is all-in
doutorlucky: folds
Hero: ??

Not that I would take my advice but first I would raise to about 10k, don't think you have much choice given the strength of the hand and knowledge about what he has raised with, just hopefully he hasn't woken up with something huge but at worse you have a flip and more likely your facing one card igher one card lower and you're a heavy favourite. Second one I would insta-fold but I'm a nit.

Not that I would take my advice but first I would raise to about 10k, don't think you have much choice given the strength of the hand and knowledge about what he has raised with, just hopefully he hasn't woken up with something huge but at worse you have a flip and more likely your facing one card igher one card lower and you're a heavy favourite. Second one I would insta-fold but I'm a nit.

Yep, first hand I stuffed it in, won't say what happened but I think its a bad spew in that spot because there's no need to open yourself to the variance Gods if a field is soft, and this one was quite soft (which I didn't mention in the OP, apologies). That's the reason why I just completed in the first place instead of raising into his BB.

Second one.....I did indeed fold, but I think having recently watched some decent online tourney players I've seen them take shots like this just to chip up. It could be a spewy call but it seems to me being spewy in the right spots is OK in tournies (btw I would have lost the hand, but was ahead of both of their hands pre)

I assumed you completed to limp/raise which is usually my default in bvb situations where the eff stack size is about 20bb or so

Reason being is that 20bb is too much to shove first in, and the money goes in better with hands like A5 and 66 with those stack sizes rather then raising and having to call it off pretty damn light.

With that stack size I wouldnt back raise unless I was comfortable 5bet shoving bvb. I probably just open given how deep we are with the intention to 4bet most 3bets unless we have bvb history

^ ^ I played that hand pretty badly. I had no intention of backraising, and yes as you say completing with that stack relative to blinds isn't standard; the reason I did just complete was because my view of this player was that he was not very good and would make especially bad decisions on turns and rivers. I wanted to be in hands vs him where there were decisions to be made and we were still were deep stacked - in other words I wanted to totally avoid high variance situations, hence the reason I just limped. But once he 2 bet I got distracted from my original plan and decided my hand was good enough vs his range to 3 bet call an all in with......things that influenced my spazz was the fact he was a massive chip leader in the tourney and the fact I'd just seen him make some very silly plays. Unfortunately I'd forgotton these plays were not preflop but were postflop at that time - I think live I wouldn't do this but I was playing a few tables at the time and rushed my decisions as a consequence.

Anyway we got it in and he had JJ and the best hand won and he went on to win the tournament, and I cursed myself for being the worst player in the world for the next 10 or 15 minutes.

Getting it in with 99 bvb is usually plenty fine vs most.

Against worse players for the most part playing OOP you can sometimes out-level yourself into bad plays, and you are not going to get a heap of really great boards where you happily get the money in with a non-set hand.

Obv sucks to mess a hand up deep in a tournament (even though I dont think you did) but I wouldnt beat myself up over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back