FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Another great episode and I learned a lot about Brian Cook. Wealth of life and football knowledge. Sometimes you look at people and think 'what would you know about difficult times'. Cook looks like the sought of guy that has done it all so easy in life.

He has a mountain of character and seems a genuinely decent bloke.

On Perth radio this morning they mentioned the Mike Sheahan has recently interviewed Chris Lewis and it will be shown in a few weeks
I reckon this would be great, talking about the racism and how it didn't really exist in the WAFL then when he played AFL it was quite prevalent.

I reckon this would be great, talking about the racism and how it didn't really exist in the WAFL then when he played AFL it was quite prevalent.
Apparently goes into detail about the viney biting incident and also has a pop at malthouse for wasting 5 years of his career playing in a forward pocket when he was in his prime and should have been in the midfield.

Cook was great, one of the better ones in recent weeks and for this season. Had he not done that mountain trek he would have landed at North.

It's why I'd like to see Mike interview more officials, rather than just players and coaches.

Who's on this week?

Eugene Arocca would be interesting ... the purchase of the Collingwood pubs that dropped $8mil .... Brayshaws white knights as starters.

Safely ensconced at CAMS, Eugene wont feel like he owes anyone in footy anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eugene Arocca would be interesting ... the purchase of the Collingwood pubs that dropped $8mil .... Brayshaws white knights as starters.

Safely ensconced at CAMS, Eugene wont feel like he owes anyone in footy anything.
Yep. "Make it happen Euge!"

Colless would be good, longest serving president, saw a heap of change and issues in his time.
Aylett too from a previous era.

Kane,Chad & Studley Cornes
Watching them should cure anyones sleeping problems
It's an amazing achievement by ol Studley to father 2 boys that share the same voice box

Just watched the Brian Cook interview and it is mentioned a couple of times that by having Cook on the show, Mike was breaking the show's apparent "no officials" policy.

So I'm not sure we'll see some of administration/official types mentioned above unfortunately.

Just watched the Brian Cook interview and it is mentioned a couple of times that by having Cook on the show, Mike was breaking the show's apparent "no officials" policy.

So I'm not sure we'll see some of administration/official types mentioned above unfortunately.
No officials policy? He had Gary Pert on last year!

No officials policy? He had Gary Pert on last year!

True.

I think Mike might be talking about officials who never played the game at AFL or state level (which Pert obviously did). Cook actually played four games for Melbourne, which I didn't know until I watched the interview.

Seven minutes into the interview with Cook, Mike says: "you know we don't have officials on this show" and then, at the end of the interview, Mike tells Cook that he (Mike) has broken a tradition of not having officials on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back