Operation Cam McCarthy

Remove this Banner Ad

By 2018 I'm hoping Tabs & Apeness will have already sprung up as our 2-prong tall forward attack. 3 years is a looooong time. Like, 3 years ago, how many people would've through Tabs would be where he is now?
As a buddy I've had confidence in Tabs to develop into a 30-40 goal a season forward, however I wouldn't expect that from him this year.

To further the case for Aaron Black it looks like Mason Wood is ahead of him in the pecking order now as well.

I'm all for getting McCarthy, but we're going to have to a) trade a lot for him, and b) pay overs. Unless we can get him to do the dirty on GWS and say trade him to us or he'll walk for nothing.
And that's not going to happen for another couple of years, so there's not a lot of point talking about it now.

While it's a low chance of success, I'd be having a quiet word with the management of one P.Dangerfield.

With Sandi, Luke and Pav on the verge of pulling the pin, we have some money to throw around.

Stranger things have happened...and it fits securely within the parameters of our list management model...

Last edited:

While it's a low chance of success, I'd be having a quiet word with the management of one P.Dangerfield.

With Sandi, Luke and Pav on the verge of pulling the pin, we have some money to throw around.

Stranger things have happened...and it fits securely within the parameters of our list management model...
I don't think I could handle this. Could you imagine Fyfe & Dangerfield in the same midfield. I'm still sad we didn't get to see this in the international rules - and they'd have a real ruckman tapping it to them at Freo ... :hearts:

If they were willing to delay their careers for two years to play for their local team I doubt they'll be up and leaving too easily.

They may just be tempted if there's no finals for the Suns next year. Thompson least likely imo as the other two have on occasion found themselves out of the Suns lineup. They'd have to change location to change clubs. It may just be easier to sign player from states that aren't Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are there any players over at GWS in a similar position, i.e. who were associated with them 2 years prior to GWS officially joining the AFL?

Are there any players over at GWS in a similar position, i.e. who were associated with them 2 years prior to GWS officially joining the AFL?
I know Jeremy Cameron was one of them. Not sure our chances of luring him over here though - as nice as that'd be.

I'm not sure if I'd want any of the GCS kids though. The way they play without GAJ in the side, they've been developed really poorly.

I know Jeremy Cameron was one of them. Not sure our chances of luring him over here though - as nice as that'd be.

I'm not sure if I'd want any of the GCS kids though. The way they play without GAJ in the side, they've been developed really poorly.
Sorry off post, but your developed badly comment made me laugh after hearing Bluely McKenna on Fox saying he had no idea the team he was captain of had drug problems. He can not be very smart.

Don't rate him and I'm pretty sure he won't fit in the RTB frame in terms of effort and defensive ability.
I do, Aaron Black can seriously play, had an extremely poor year last year, but the bloke is talented. Hopefully he stays behind Waite or norf play all three and it doesn't work. Hopefully Black plays well in the VFL, gets frustrated, freo get in his head about coming back home and he asks the club for a trade, determined for more game time in his home state. Can't see it happening though.

Black - i cant believe he re-signed after they got Waite. WTF was he thinking.

There was no way they were gonna parachute in a well paid FA and not give him every chance to succeed.

He can play dont worry, plenty of posters with memories like cockpit voice recorders. He was excellent once he arrived.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back