Operation Cam McCarthy

Remove this Banner Ad

And, as for the rumours that he is settled and happy in Sydney? I have it from a close source (family), that he is seriously home sick.
I shouldn't be happy at this statement because that's s**t for the young bloke........ but if that means he's coming home next year to help us go back to back then I'll allow myself a sly grin.

I shouldn't be happy at this statement because that's s**t for the young bloke........ but if that means he's coming home next year to help us go back to back then I'll allow myself a sly grin.
I'm very confident we'll be seeing a little ray of 'sunshine' beaming through our door at some stage:)

He could fly over today - but keeping him away will increase his homesickness, so it's probably for the best he stays and does a proper recovery in Sydney. ;)

How did he go btw?

Not certain, no stats yet . Giants had good win , by mid week normally have stats up on neafl web site. The game I believe was played in Wagga Wagga. The Giants are by far the best side in the neafl.

How did he go btw?

From the AFL site:

Another strong performance from Jon Patton has the potential to push the key forward ahead of teammate Cam McCarthy in the race to earn senior selection after the Giants' 92-point win against Eastlake.

The Giants had plenty of scoring options in their big win, with Patton (three) and Dylan Addison (four) among the multiple goalkickers.

But McCarthy went goalless after being dropped by the Giants one week ago.

"Cam struggled to have an impact on the game, but he stuck to his guns and his team things were good," coach Brett Hand told AFL.com.au.

"The ball just didn't bounce his way and you have those days. He kept trying and he got rewarded with some touches."

Patton has now played four matches in his return from a knee reconstruction, with his past three games excellent.

The Giants' best player was in-form ruckman Andrew Phillips, Hand said, with Jacob Townsend (two goals) a strong contributor.

Addison's four goals were "good reward for some consistent form over the last few weeks".

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-...ng-for-your-club-in-this-weekends-second-tier

Not sure how we do it, but McCarthy seems the most likely KPF we can land. He still bloody supports us.

As far as I'm concerned, GWS can take our pick 15-18. That's where we would have taken him 2 years ago, if those greedy pricks weren't so keen on stockpiling every good KPF they could.

Not sure how we do it, but McCarthy seems the most likely KPF we can land. He still bloody supports us.

As far as I'm concerned, GWS can take our pick 15-18. That's where we would have taken him 2 years ago, if those greedy pricks weren't so keen on stockpiling every good KPF they could.

Problem is he signed a two year contract extension, so unless Giants want to deal he really can't move. Freo would have to work out a deal . It could be done , really depends on how much Freo want him or who ever else they got in the sites

The Giants won't want to shift McCarthy on given Patton's history of knee injuries. Cam might be in a holding pattern until his contract runs out, unless we do what the dogs did with Tom Boyd and offer a pick as well as a decent player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we try to poach a player that's still in contract it should probably be Hogan not McCarthy. I think we could make a reasonable offer with players and a pick for him that would be too much for McCarthy.

I think that's way overs for Cam, although I think he'll be awesome. You package that up for a Hogan.
Sorry, but there is a level of utter absurdity in the thread about McCarthy. Two first round picks would not be enough to even start a conversation with the Giants, let alone be overs. McCarthy averaged nearly three goals a game in his first eight games. That is better than Pav, Riewolt and Brown in terms of their performance in the second year. He also showed massive improvement after his second preseason. To get McCarthy when under contract it would take a trade more in line with the Bulldogs trade for Boyd.

Sorry, but there is a level of utter absurdity in the thread about McCarthy. Two first round picks would not be enough to even start a conversation with the Giants, let alone be overs. McCarthy averaged nearly three goals a game in his first eight games. That is better than Pav, Riewolt and Brown in terms of their performance in the second year. He also showed massive improvement after his second preseason. To get McCarthy when under contract it would take a trade more in line with the Bulldogs trade for Boyd.
Yeah, but Patton's started edging him out, his form is down and he can start crowing about how he's homesick, so we have more to work with.

I think McCarthy and Hogan come out of contract at the same time? Is that right? If so, I know who I'd rather be chasing first.

Yeah, but Patton's started edging him out, his form is down and he can start crowing about how he's homesick, so we have more to work with.

I think McCarthy and Hogan come out of contract at the same time? Is that right? If so, I know who I'd rather be chasing first.
If he's homesick why did he sign a contract extension?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back