Operation Cameron Ling : assistant coach

Sep 16, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GO YOU CROW BOYS
Those 1.6 bullet passes = potentially 1.6ggp = 32 goals per year. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Playing a shutdown role has impacted his numbers. But I'd take one of his bullet pass I50s over 5 long bombed I30s to a double teamed Betts that we are currently doing.

Quality not quantity.
Quality clearly important and an issue for us.
Not sure we are missing kegs that much just yet.
More genuine ballwinners around the contest seems to bring working better fir us imo.

I don't believe kegs make us a 1.6gpg better team.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Hasn't he been linked to NM for ages? Doing work experience with them etc?

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
There are a couple of specifics we need in our coaching list.

My wants go along these lines;
  1. A senior assistant who has tactical house, but more importantly is a real player person. Sando simply doesn't speak to his players anywhere near enough. This can be overcome somewhat by getting the right person in that Snr assistant role. The players really need someone on the top level of our coaching that takes an active interest in them as people, not just the two hours on a Saturday.
  2. A forward coach who actually has both experience in the forward lines as well as a plan. We really should be working on blocks to get Walker on the lead. If anyone mentions Wayne Carey as a target I will personally arrange for a bomb to be placed under your car. Channel 7 may have forgotten, but Carey is a dog of a person and the LAST person I would want around a football club. You don't glass your girlfriend if you are a good bloke.
  3. A ruck coach who was actually a good ruck man. Cox for mine.
  4. A smart midfield coach. Here I want an experienced assistant coach who can take the talent we have (Danger, Sloane, B Crouch, B Smith in particular) and make them elite.
Not much to ask really.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
There are a couple of specifics we need in our coaching list.

My wants go along these lines;

1. Sando simply doesn't speak to his players anywhere near enough.

1. I never know where to go with this. One group think he's too much of a mate to the players and thinks with his heart rather than his head when it comes to selection, and another think he's not close enough to the playing group.

Apr 6, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Agreed.
We need to poach some ready made, experienced talent. And from outside SA. Worsfold, Voss, Ratten, etc.
The problem is gonna be two things -

Like a said earlier, getting experienced non-SA talent to come here.
Having a Board that is willing to accept people that will speak their mind.

My 2c worth. Most importance should be placed for a Bailey replacement. I'd love to see M Harvey. Did well at Freo. Oversee/help Sando.

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Which ones?

The ones where he was saying he still wasn't sure if he wants to coach. Doesn't know what's involved and if he would enjoy it, especially if there was a lot of watching videos and meetings, just wants to work with players etc. I think he said something along the lines of he has no real passion or desire to coach.

Then my point was Sanderson is a first time senior coach. Most of our coaches are first time in their role. We don't have the right balance to bring more untried coaches in and have them learn on the job, we can't afford for it to fail.

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
The one where he said he's cheating with your mrs

I should've known when she kept raving on about upside down sauce spraying.

Lingy%20Poster-thumb-400x566-122954.jpg

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
The ones where he was saying he still wasn't sure if he wants to coach. Doesn't know what's involved and if he would enjoy it, especially if there was a lot of watching videos and meetings, just wants to work with players etc. I think he said something along the lines of he has no real passion or desire to coach.

Then my point was Sanderson is a first time senior coach. Most of our coaches are first time in their role. We don't have the right balance to bring more untried coaches in and have them learn on the job, we can't afford for it to fail.

Agreed.

Agreed.
We need to poach some ready made, experienced talent. And from outside SA. Worsfold, Voss, Ratten, etc.
The problem is gonna be two things -

Like a said earlier, getting experienced non-SA talent to come here.
Having a Board that is willing to accept people that will speak their mind.
Priority #1 - experienced replacement for Bailey of the ilk of Mark Harvey.

Priority #2 - forward coach who was a forward & understands strategy along with linking with midfield.

Both coaches to come from non afc backgrounds.

Move on either bickley or campo.

Back