Rumour Operation Corporate Apparel: Get Adam Treloar

Remove this Banner Ad

and what happens if Goldstein goes down for us ? Petrie Daw etc could be short term options, but gee Currie would be a big loss then

Treloar looks like a blood nut too... No red head should ever play for GWS . Not with their jumper ....its like mixing Fanta and Lucozade

So another big incentive for him to leave

goldy is 27 and currie is 26, unless goldy has a career ending injury, currie will never play. If goldy goes down, daw comes in and brown and daw share ruck/forward.

Atley and a pick for Treloar? Heath Shaw only has a few years left and they may be looking for a quick hbf, Atley still young enough to step up his game so that may interest them.

no way would they accept that. atley isn't even a regular best 22 player. we could only get rid of a ready made player like cunners, ziebs or swallow.

Is the Black/Freo insane money thing proven or bigfooty folklore?

If true, it's insane in hindsight. Freo probably wouldn't take him now if we chucked the whole team in as a sweetener.

I actually heard from a reliable source that he was as good as gone, but to Collingwood. Changed his mind. Never seen anyone else report this.

Nah total bullshit.... He was very close to going to freo but north pull out all the stops including sending a few players and coaches to Perth to speak to his mum.

[QUOTE no way would they accept that. atley isn't even a regular best 22 player. we could only get rid of a ready made player like cunners, ziebs or swallow.[/QUOTE]

Wrong-According to BF they need draft picks to bring in some young gun and would be more than happy to off load a young gun for unders so they can secure another young gun. Who of course is younger than said young gun so therefor has a higher ceiling than the other young gun who they offloaded for not much.
Then they'll ( GWS) rinse and repeat this awesome program.

GWS have the comp by the balls and unfortunately we're not high enough profile to have a youngster demand he's cleared to us for our first pick and left overs.

But hey could be wrong, would love to be wrong, but don't think I am on this occasion.

id happily trade off anyone except brown/cunners and ziebell

get treloar 7 years @750k

then get Dangerfield as a free agent for @900k a year.

perfect balance in the midfield. we would be a wrecking machine.

midfields will flags.

The reason that Treloar might be available is lack of salary cap space.... So how can the Giants then sign a top player from another club if that's what they get in the Treloar trade...... If they don't have space???

It's a head * Huh?

The reason that Treloar might be available is lack of salary cap space.... So how can the Giants then sign a top player from another club if that's what they get in the Treloar trade...... If they don't have space???

It's a head **** Huh?

It is. I presume they'd have to make space by off loading others. Dunno.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, irrespective, we should massively inflate every GWS player's asking price to cripple them with inflation down the track, similar to what they did to a lot of clubs by throwing the cheque book at everyone.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, irrespective, we should massively inflate every GWS player's asking price to cripple them with inflation down the track, similar to what they did to a lot of clubs by throwing the cheque book at everyone.

I bet the Bulldogs and Crows would love nothing more than seeing that unfold. Imagine the anger here if GWS had managed to nick a couple of our best mid aged stars over the past few years.

I bet the Bulldogs and Crows would love nothing more than seeing that unfold. Imagine the anger here if GWS had managed to nick a couple of our best mid aged stars over the past few years.

GWS and GC were a farce, typical AFL knee-jerk rush job. I think the proper way to introduce a new club would be to enter them in the VFL for 3 years and give them access to a sprinkling of first, second and third round picks over the first 5 years. The first couple of years they were in were complete write-offs and they basically raided other clubs for no real benefit. Some got lucky like Melbourne who got massive overs for the player they lost, others got screwed.

You can't really make a team comprised mostly of early first round picks and think that is fair on the rest of the comp.

GWS have 2 top 10 academy prospects coming in the draft this year. With the new bidding system they'll need as many draft picks as possible. Get the feeling a 3 way trade may be needed here and we would have to give 2 first round picks for treloar. Trade one of our better players to another club to gain the second first rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS have 2 top 10 academy prospects coming in the draft this year. With the new bidding system they'll need as many draft picks as possible. Get the feeling a 3 way trade may be needed here and we would have to give 2 first round picks for treloar. Trade one of our better players to another club to gain the second first rounder.

so if we have two first rounders, explain why do we trade them to GWS for one first round player? I still think our list is good enough, I just want to see some extra development put into some of our kids and for them not to always be injured.

We traded our 2nd best player last year, and that only got us a 2nd rounder.

What could possible get us a 1st rounder?

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaand wouldn't Swallow have to agree to be traded?

Good footy clubs don't trade their captain.

We don't have what they want unfortunately.

We traded our 2nd best player last year, and that only got us a 2nd rounder.

What could possible get us a 1st rounder?
Are you implying that Priddis was the best player in the league last year?

Levi was 2nd in the Syd Barker behind Cunners, yes, but a better player than Spitta, Wellsy, Boomer, Goldy, NDS, JZ, Hansen, LT, Scotty T? Not in my book. They are all worth 1st rounders. Perhaps LMac, Ats, back in form, could be added to that. And the consensus is that the Pies got the better deal with Levi, anyway. Just out of curiosity, is Carey the last time we traded for a 1st rounder?

Wow, I thought this was going to be a good thread and then got ten posts in and we're all about trading away guys who bleed for our club. :thumbsdown:
I think its more a discussion about what it would take to land a gun midfielder. Thw consensis seems to be would take a little more than basti and black..

Are you implying that Priddis was the best player in the league last year?

Levi was 2nd in the Syd Barker behind Cunners, yes, but a better player than Spitta, Wellsy, Boomer, Goldy, NDS, JZ, Hansen, LT, Scotty T? Not in my book. They are all worth 1st rounders. Perhaps LMac, Ats, back in form, could be added to that. And the consensus is that the Pies got the better deal with Levi, anyway. Just out of curiosity, is Carey the last time we traded for a 1st rounder?
Numchucks is correct.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-long-term-deals/story-fni5f7qp-1227430948775

EXCLUSIVE: NORTH Melbourne and Richmond are prepared to offer Greater Western Sydney midfielder Adam Treloar six-year deals to lure the dazzling youngster home to Victoria.

The Herald Sun revealed the Tigers and Roos have both pitched bumper long-term deals to nab the out-of-contract Giant, after missing out on star Swan Daniel Hannebery.

Collingwood is also a strong suitor for Treloar and has reportedly offered a five-year contract worth $700,000 — $750,000 a season.

The three Victorian clubs head the race to secure the line-breaking on-baller in a bid to add extra polish and class to their midfield brigades.

The Giants have their hands tied by a tight salary cap and will likely demand an early first-round draft pick in return for the blossoming 22-year-old.

story-fni5f7qp-1227430948775

The Herald Sun has confirmed the Pies will not put up young ruckman Jarrod Witts as trade bait to secure Treloar.

Witts, who is from New South Wales, looms as an obvious trade target for the Giants to help support first-choice ruckman Shane Mumford.

But the Pies are set to open fresh contract talks with Witts to extend his stay at Westpac Centre beyond the end of next season, putting the 209cm big man off-limits.

Treloar has made clear to the Giants that he wants to stay up north and help guide the fledgling club to finals in coming years.

But the fast-rising Giants appear unable to match the attractive terms being offered by Richmond and North Melbourne, likely forcing Treloar to move home.

GWS has little room to move in its salary cap after tying up a clutch of young stars including star spearhead Jeremy Cameron and classy on-baller Dylan Shiel.

For Treloar to stay at Greater Western Sydney, he would have to accept considerably less than he is worth on the open market.

The Tigers have confirmed they have built a war chest in recent years to make a strike at a prime midfielder, such as Treloar, and top-off their premiership tilt.

Richmond list guru Blair Hartley said in November the Tigers would “hopefully have the space to attack the (player) market in the next two or three years”.

North Melbourne coach Brad Scott said the Roos would also look at their trade options.

“Potentially this year we look at some trading opportunities because of the platform we have been able to build over the last seven or eight years,” Scott said.

From Dandenong Stingrays, Treloar finished fourth in the Giants best and fairest last season.

He has averaged 28 possessions and almost one goal a game this year and is considered one of the best under-23 year old midfielders in the game.

The Giants could put a premium on first-round draft picks to bolster their ability to secure academy products Jacob Hopper and Matthew Kennedy under the new points-based draft system.

GWS wants to secure both youngsters without going into a points deficit next year, forcing their first pick in next year’s talent pool down the order.

EXCLUSIVE: NORTH Melbourne and Richmond are prepared to offer Greater Western Sydney midfielder Adam Treloar six-year deals to lure the dazzling youngster home to Victoria.

The Herald Sun revealed the Tigers and Roos have both pitched bumper long-term deals to nab the out-of-contract Giant, after missing out on star Swan Daniel Hannebery.

With the way both sides are playing at the moment l dont like our chances of getting him.....:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back