Operation - Get Sanderson

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't pay out someone 2 years wages unless you have someone out of this world lined up ( you would think!)

Otherwise it's just simply bad business

The Crows are clearly going full bore to protect their brand - Off the field, power are catching the crows big time.

As for Sanderson....Look I'm not sure if it's the right call. Professional relationships and personal relationships mixing may not be the best thing...

Would love him as an assistant coach, and Buckley and him have a bit in common.

Well if we don't play finals next year and that KPI isn't met. Sadly Bucks might have something in common with Sandersons

Don't shoot me, Collingwood is a business of playing and winning finals.....

I'm happy to be wrong but...

You don't pay out someone 2 years wages unless you have someone out of this world lined up ( you would think!)

Otherwise it's just simply bad business

The Crows are clearly going full bore to protect their brand - Off the field, power are catching the crows big time.

As for Sanderson....Look I'm not sure if it's the right call. Professional relationships and personal relationships mixing may not be the best thing...
It's a good point.
The fact that Bucks & Sando are so close probably works against him (Sando). The club would prefer to avoid a 'jobs for the boys' culture. Other assistant coaches may be wary of Sando & his close relationship with Bucks.
It's akin to employing your brother or cousin. Can set tongues wagging.
Also will Sando carry some bitterness with him? He probably needs some time away from footy to clear his head & recharge for his next assignment.

They were not a genuine top 4 team the year they made the prelim, were heavily assisted by a soft fixture yet they managed to be a kick away from a GF.

Since that time Sando has faced a huge uphill battle, no draft picks, being gutted by free agency, Walker doing his ACL and his slow return to form. They only just missed the 8 this year despite all of this.

Massive call to sack him with 2 years to pay out on his contract. Bomber won't take his mates job which leaves them probably with an untried coach. Players really do have too much power sometimes and coaches are always the ones to go when there is a rift.

Would take Sando in a heartbeat, boys club or not he obviously has ability as a coach and we could do with someone with experience to work alongside Bucks. Hope he brings Danger with him!

Crows beat us this season and Sanderson gets the sack. Buckley was well out coached by Sando that game.
We beat Sydney - sack Longmire!!

Do you ever get tired of the negativity?

Well if we don't play finals next year and that KPI isn't met. Sadly Bucks might have something in common with Sandersons

Don't shoot me, Collingwood is a business of playing and winning finals.....

I'm happy to be wrong but...

I don't think anyone would dispute that missing finals next year would put Bucks under immense pressure, if not cost him his job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

crazy thought but hear it out.. As we know the club is clearing out coaches to drop our total running costs to drop under the salary cap. Sanderson has no money concerns given that his just been paid approx. 1.4 million. No doubt Sanderson would want to stick close to a footy club to keep the competitive edge and keep up to date with the game. so given that money is not an issue for him, he can come on board with his great mate Bucks on a small wage say $50K and then 2016 if all works out he can come on board full time . ?

thoughts ?

crazy thought but hear it out.. As we know the club is clearing out coaches to drop our total running costs to drop under the salary cap. Sanderson has no money concerns given that his just been paid approx. 1.4 million. No doubt Sanderson would want to stick close to a footy club to keep the competitive edge and keep up to date with the game. so given that money is not an issue for him, he can come on board with his great mate Bucks on a small wage say $50K and then 2016 if all works out he can come on board full time thoughts ?

I thought exactly the same thing, (well not the $50k bit) when I heard his payout

Why should we get him in?

What's so special about him that the Crows made such a big mistake? He has failed to qualify for the finals in successive seasons with a pretty good list at his disposal.

What would really burn me is if Bomber Thompson is senior coach at the Crows.
I'd have to slightly disagree with any list you need a spine and from not his doing he has lost, Gunston, Tippett, Bock, Phil Davis, Walker did his knee. and the captain and 2nd best mid did his Achilles. that is a lot of talent taken from a team.

Sanderson had about as much success as Buckley. NO THANKS! Can we throw up some names that can actually coach a side to top?

Not that I'm set on getting Sanderson (although I think he'd offer a lot) but as a general point, this attitude is so dumb. It's a recipe to never hire a new coach. What success did Alistair Clarkson have before he was appointed as the coach at Hawthorn? What success did Mark Thompson have before he was appointed at Geelong? Or John Longmire at Sydney?

All of them had distinguished themselves as assistants, just like Sanderson, Hinkley and Leppitsch had. But none of them had had success as a senior coach before they got the gigs where they won flags.

Not that I'm set on getting Sanderson (although I think he'd offer a lot) but as a general point, this attitude is so dumb. It's a recipe to never hire a new coach. What success did Alistair Clarkson have before he was appointed as the coach at Hawthorn? What success did Mark Thompson have before he was appointed at Geelong? Or John Longmire at Sydney?

All of them had distinguished themselves as assistants, just like Sanderson, Hinkley and Leppitsch had. But none of them had had success as a senior coach before they got the gigs where they won flags.
What you didn't see is what went on under Sanderson. Why he couldn't control it and the fall out from the players. Like Kruger said all we've done is the opposite. They sack the coach, we sacked the players to suit the coach.

What you didn't see is what went on under Sanderson. Why he couldn't control it and the fall out from the players. Like Kruger said all we've done is the opposite. They sack the coach, we sacked the players to suit the coach.

And rightly so. I prefer management to be in charge over the players. Player power is a recipe for disaster.

You really need to get over your Buckley fixation. You are acting like a rejected lover. Time to get over it, or perhaps start supporting Adelaide since they know what they are doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back