List Mgmt. Operation "Get Scharenberg"

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing less than your first round pick AND steak knives will suffice boys.

We have fixed his body and he is now ready to star. Would easily go in the top 5 in this years draft.

And he was supposed to go top 5 in the 2013 draft but still slid for one reason or another.

But your point still changes absolutely nothing in regards to his value does it not?

And he was supposed to go top 5 in the 2013 draft but still slid for one reason or another.

But your point still changes absolutely nothing in regards to his value does it not?

He slid because of his feet, which are no longer an issue, and has played a significant block of footy this year without incident. If you think you can get him for a second round pick then you are dreaming. My hope is that he sees sense and stays at Collingwood. If he truly wants to go home then your first round pick will probably get the deal done. We will see what happens.

He slid because of his feet, which are no longer an issue, and has played a significant block of footy this year without incident. If you think you can get him for a second round pick then you are dreaming. My hope is that he sees sense and stays at Collingwood. If he truly wants to go home then your first round pick will probably get the deal done. We will see what happens.

Never suggested the 2nd would be enough and don't think it's close. But our first (pick 10-12) is overs. Thing is that Collingwood are so notoriously hard to deal with when it comes to trading and always seek the best. You can't blame them for doing what they do, but it just makes it hard to predict how we could facilitate a trade.

I dont know why GWS let O'Rourke go for so little in hindisght, but we have the go home factor and Shaz isnt contracted.

Maybe we may have to get a Carlton or Brisbane involved. Lots of talk around Carlton being into Kerridge, us into Yarran and Aish.

Oh really?

Really. Humans grow and develop, in football terms their "worth" increases. Sharenberg has shown this year that his body has recovered and that he has the ability to play at the highest level. If you think his value has declined since draft day then you are sadly mistaken. If Adelaide want him they are going to have to come up with a suitable trade. He won't come cheap.

Really. Humans grow and develop, in football terms their "worth" increases. Sharenberg has shown this year that his body has recovered and that he has the ability to play at the highest level. If you think his value has declined since draft day then you are sadly mistaken. If Adelaide want him they are going to have to come up with a suitable trade. He won't come cheap.
He's not contracted is he?

He's played 2 games of AFL football in nearly 2 full seasons. I'm not saying a 2nd or 3rd round pick or anything like that would get it done, but to suggest that a draftee that has spent most of their career thus far injured has increased in value defies logic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's played 2 games of AFL football in nearly 2 full seasons. I'm not saying a 2nd or 3rd round pick or anything like that would get it done, but to suggest that a draftee that has spent most of their career thus far injured has increased in value defies logic.

When he was drafted at 6 there were question marks about his feet. Those questions are no longer there. He is worth at the very least your first round pick and IMO you would be getting a bargain.

So we have no other options than to trade you reckon?

Clubs like to maintain a mutually respectful relationship. Adelaide won't screw Collingwood even though you might like them to.

While I don't think we can or should get Schaz for a steal like a second rounder, unfortunately for him and collingwood his injuries and lack of games at AFL over 2 seasons doesn't really warrant a similar draft pick that you gave up for him. If you look at Matt Crouch for example. He's a contested ball, clearance and inside stoppage animal and only in his 2nd year with no pre-season, yet most believe if traded he would barely get a late first round offer, most likely an early 2nd round. Draftees rarely gain value over 2 years unless they are of the hogan and cripps varieties and star out of the box. Like you guys with Aish (who has shown more so far at AFL) a second round and a best 22 player or a late first round offer is probably thereabouts, but maybe not fair.

Ok but it's ok to screw us?

Nobody is screwing anyone. If the kid wants to go home a mutually agreed trade will be negotiated that benefits both clubs.

Nobody is screwing anyone. If the kid wants to go home a mutually agreed trade will be negotiated that benefits both clubs.
Yes but what I'm saying is if he wants to go home, because he is uncontracted you don't hold the upper hand and you won't be getting a first rounder and steak knives, because that would be screwing us.

Yes but what I'm saying is if he wants to go home, because he is uncontracted you don't hold the upper hand and you won't be getting a first rounder and steak knives, because that would be screwing us.

Let's wait and see what happens. It will be an interesting trade period and I suspect there will be a number of deals involving multiple clubs. I am still hopefull that he will re-sign.

Never suggested the 2nd would be enough and don't think it's close. But our first (pick 10-12) is overs. Thing is that Collingwood are so notoriously hard to deal with when it comes to trading and always seek the best. You can't blame them for doing what they do, but it just makes it hard to predict how we could facilitate a trade.

I dont know why GWS let O'Rourke go for so little in hindisght, but we have the go home factor and Shaz isnt contracted.

Maybe we may have to get a Carlton or Brisbane involved. Lots of talk around Carlton being into Kerridge, us into Yarran and Aish.

It's Essendon that are notoriously hard to deal with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back