List Mgmt. Operation "Get Scharenberg"

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do you feel he would he slot in to our team if we got him? Sounds like a bit of a jack of all trades player yeah?

Starts off on half back, I'd say. Plays that offensive role, loose at times. Gets a full pre season into him (which he's never had before) and just works his way in. After a season there I'd look at getting him in the midfield, playing that outside leaning role, that link man between the inside and out. Think his composure/awareness/skills bode well for it.

Starts off on half back, I'd say. Plays that offensive role, loose at times. Gets a full pre season into him (which he's never had before) and just works his way in. After a season there I'd look at getting him in the midfield, playing that outside leaning role, that link man between the inside and out. Think his composure/awareness/skills bode well for it.
What he's not a key defender?

Na thanks Skippos this clarifies exactly what I was saying his role would be. Too many people think 191cm automatically means he'll be a tall defender at afl level.

What he's not a key defender?

Na thanks Skippos this clarifies exactly what I was saying his role would be. Too many people think 191cm automatically means he'll be a tall defender at afl level.
Is there really people out there who want Berg as a key defender? Mind boggling.

Really. Humans grow and develop, in football terms their "worth" increases. Sharenberg has shown this year that his body has recovered and that he has the ability to play at the highest level. If you think his value has declined since draft day then you are sadly mistaken. If Adelaide want him they are going to have to come up with a suitable trade. He won't come cheap.
You think he's worth more than pick 6 because he's been on a list for two years?

We'll trade you David Mackay, surely he's worth a first rounder by now.

Nothing less than your first round pick AND steak knives will suffice boys.

We have fixed his body and he is now ready to star. Would easily go in the top 5 in this years draft.
He would never go in the top 5, and you'll see that when Port won't trade their first for him. Take your goggles off.

He would never go in the top 5, and you'll see that when Port won't trade their first for him. Take your goggles off.

I was being a little cheeky with that post. I do think that Adelaide will be prepared to offer more than some people think though.

I was being a little cheeky with that post. I do think that Adelaide will be prepared to offer more than some people think though.

Yes, you'll always get the odd idiot who wants everything for a packet of chips, but I think the answer lies between you and them.

We won't give up our first pick unless we make a preliminary final or win the flag and that won't happen. He's probably worth more than pick 15-20 but that's about the value you'll get. Unfortunately that's what happens when you're the one on the s**t side of the trade.

We got pick 24, 46 & 64 for Jack Gunston. Carlton got picks 34 and 67 for Sam Jacobs. We got pick 37 for Ivan Maric. Go back and look at any trade where the player was uncontracted in the last five years and usually the side where the player is leaving get the raw end of the deal and feel robbed. There's the odd spud trade but most of the time the club they're leaving from don't get what they're "worth".

We should have taken pick 2 and 3 from Melbourne for Dangerfield last year because we won't get anywhere near that now if he tootles off, which is probable.

We should have taken pick 2 and 3 from Melbourne for Dangerfield last year because we won't get anywhere near that now if he tootles off, which is probable.

You seriously think Dangerfield would have been even remotely interested in that deal? You can't trade a player - especially a contracted one - without his agreement, can you?

You seriously think Dangerfield would have been even remotely interested in that deal? You can't trade a player - especially a contracted one - without his agreement, can you?

Settle down. It was more an example of how "value" can change when someone is uncontracted and wants to leave.

Will people stop suggesting a swap for Henderson. It's just embarrassing.

Henderson and a second round pick.

Henderson is a first 18 tall, mobile utility with good skills, who is possibly wanting a move home and has been associated with Collingwood He IS Scharenberg. You hope Scharenberg amounts to more than him, but he hasn't yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go back and look at any trade where the player was uncontracted in the last five years and usually the side where the player is leaving get the raw end of the deal and feel robbed. There's the odd spud trade but most of the time the club they're leaving from don't get what they're "worth".

Beams trade last year was reasonable and has probably skewed Pies supporters to being a bit more optimistic.

People are suggesting him as a loose man.

Could we really ask for better than laird!?
Surely we would be looking at a different spot if we are after him.

He can take Hendo/Smith's spot, kids a serious gun, I'd be all for getting him into our team. Anyone seen his u/18 footage? Can seriously play! I'd be happy to send away our first rounder or Hendo + Second rounder for Sharenberg.

He will be a gun tall mid in future. Have a look at his highlights from the champs. Great in the air, mobile, great in traffic and just doesn't miss a target by foot. Great vision and decisions too. Also highest kicking efficiency at the champs.

Settle down. It was more an example of how "value" can change when someone is uncontracted and wants to leave.

Sorry if that came across wrong - I wasn't having a go at you. I was just genuinely asking the question. I think the only outcome acceptable to Danger the Crows could have got last year (if they'd even wanted to) would have been a trade to Geelong. And as I've mentioned elsewhere in other threads, I doubt Geelong would have been willing to give up the farm for him in a trade last year when they had the option of holding off for 12 months and getting him for nothing as a free agent. Free agency has really skewed things in favour of the players. It's worked for us previously (Eddie Betts), and now it looks like we may well get burned by it. If he goes, then maybe in 12 months it'll swing in our favour again when we use all that freed up salary cap space to snare a free agent from somebody else.

Henderson and a second round pick.

Henderson is a first 18 tall, mobile utility with good skills, who is possibly wanting a move home and has been associated with Collingwood He IS Scharenberg. You hope Scharenberg amounts to more than him, but he hasn't yet.
I don't think he fills a need for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back