Roast Opposition fans booing Selwood

Remove this Banner Ad

THIS.

Assuming the worst case scenario (Port don't beat them) Norf stand no chance of beating the pees and poos in the granny, so no I'm definitely barracking for a team that can with the spicy extra sub-plot of having a former great of theirs being instrumental in their downfall. :)
Same line of thinking, must stop Hawks going b2b. At all costs. Even there vfl team! For the good of mankind! For the sake of humanity.........

THIS.

Assuming the worst case scenario (Port don't beat them) Norf stand no chance of beating the pees and poos in the granny, so no I'm definitely barracking for a team that can with the spicy extra sub-plot of having a former great of theirs being instrumental in their downfall. :)
I like your thinking but I'm torn between cheering for *cough* Buddy and Goodes and cheering for Harvey... If he plays.
I think it might come down to cheering for the Bad Twin- will have to make my decision closer to the day they play. The other game's an easy choice.

I yelled out "thats twice he ducked" regarding pooplopilo.

Only for a tapout bogan with scummy teenage feral kids turn around to tell me apparantly joel selwood does "the exact same thing".
Haha that is funny.
When I yelled out about Puopolo too, Hawkers around me were beside themselves at the affrontery.

When those that don't have something that they really want that they can't have, they get cranky and bitter and it comes out of their mouths in a

BOOOOOOOO.

Usually the louder they are is proportional to their lack of understanding. about what Sel actually does.

Go Catters

I am a North Supporter

I was at the game on Friday night and my opinion of Selwood changed as the game went on.

He has been my favorite non North player since his debut season but I was pretty appauled at the display he showed on Friday night. I hope he cleans up his act and just goes back to what he does best which is going the ball. I thought he was supposed to be a hard player!

I saw Hawkings getting massivly man handled all game but instead of crying to the umpires he stepped it up a notch and started kicking goals!

I don't agree with the Selwood bashing on the North boards at any extent but I was pretty dissapointed with the display.

I can't believe what a disgrace that Selwood is... he caused Brent Harvey to hit him in the head, off the ball, and then he deliberately bled to make Boomer look bad! Can't believe Boomer got suspended but Selwood didn't.

Gosh the spelling is so bad bailz66 that I can only worry for your judgment and opinion. Selwood was ap-pauled in the head by your player and I can only wonder what Stephen Hawkings was doing on the field.

We do have some old players, but 70+ guys in wheelchairs thankfully still aren't required.

I am a North Supporter

I was at the game on Friday night and my opinion of Selwood changed as the game went on.

He has been my favorite non North player since his debut season but I was pretty appauled at the display he showed on Friday night. I hope he cleans up his act and just goes back to what he does best which is going the ball. I thought he was supposed to be a hard player!

I saw Hawkings getting massivly man handled all game but instead of crying to the umpires he stepped it up a notch and started kicking goals!

I don't agree with the Selwood bashing on the North boards at any extent but I was pretty dissapointed with the display.

I'm curious, what is your opinion of Harvey, Thompson and Thomas, do they disappoint you sometimes? Do you feel they should clean up their act? Do they appall you? You seem very sensitive, some of the antics of these guys must be a weekly torture for you.

I'm curious, what is your opinion of Harvey, Thompson and Thomas, do they disappoint you sometimes? Do you feel they should clean up their act? Do they appall you? You seem very sensitive, some of the antics of these guys must be a weekly torture for you.

They do

I really like them but when Thomas doesn't get frees that he should because of his staging I just shake my head.

Harvey I was frustrated about with the dogs suspension. This time he did the team thing and put a block on Selwood so a suspension wouldn't be really justified as it was an accidental head clash. He wasn't being malicious, or playing outside of the rules. Just badluck.

I defended Hawkins when he man-handled ST and ST didn't get a free as I watched Grima and ST doing the same thing to him all through the game.
Our players frustrate me to no end at times.

I really rate Selwood and any club would love to have him in their side. He is courageous and has superb skills. He doesn't need to do some of the things he does to get extra free kicks. Just play the game and his skill should speak for itself
(Spelling is normally better but typing on a phone is not the easiest thing to do)

Thomas should clean up his act definatly and I think he is improving but no where near there.

ST is fine, he does his job as he should even if he does play a bit outside the rules, its a part of the game.

Harvey's doesn't need to clean up anything except for the silly punches and things. I would hate for him to stop putting on blocks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone who has seen Selwood play knows that as a part of his game he has a habit of dropping down into a tackle and throwing his arms up so that he tries to milk a free kick out of the umpires. This is not just something that he did as an inexperienced player but something that he did today. As for his other efforts in the game against North where on one occasion he ran dobbing to the umpire like a little girl when he copped a knock, which was in no way malicious that was pathetic. And lets not mention the fact that when the ball was over the boundary line he tried to sling the North player to the ground and when they remonstrated he threw his head back as if he had just received whiplash from a car crash. But Selwood doesn't play for frees does he? He may not be totally weak but he does have weak elements and thanks to that a fair and important player for North is likely to miss a final. I hope someone does the same thing to him in future so that he can realise the consequences of his staging.

He may not be totally weak but he does have weak elements and thanks to that a fair and important player for North is likely to miss a final. I hope someone does the same thing to him in future so that he can realise the consequences of his staging.

Your entire post is garbage but I can't let this bit slide.

Brent Harvey fair?

The same guy who got six weeks (yes, six) for repeatedly striking Daniel Kerr off the ball in an elimination final?

The same guy who only last month bodyslammed and almost choked Liam Picken?

Oh, woe is me. Poor little rule-abiding Boomer.

Imagine the reaction by some opposition fans if Selwood manages to win the brownlow this year!
It will be great. :)

But seriously, people are jealous. He is awesome! Any supporter who wouldn't want him in their team have no idea.

Right, I think I speak for the Geelong mods in saying that they're happy to have opposition posters here who are prepared to be respectful of the territory.

However, the last few days has seen many who are blatantly not, and the latest interloper now has a week off as a result.

Other opposition fans- don't follow his lead. Enough is enough.

Right, I think I speak for the Geelong mods in saying that they're happy to have opposition posters here who are prepared to be respectful of the territory.

However, the last few days has seen many who are blatantly not, and the latest interloper now has a week off as a result.

Thank you.

That's some super moderating.

Thank you !

Thank you Doss.

When those that don't have something that they really want that they can't have, they get cranky and bitter and it comes out of their mouths in a

BOOOOOOOO.

Usually the louder they are is proportional to their lack of understanding. about what Sel actually does.

Go Catters
I thought it was a case of 'empty vessels making the most noise'.. ah. but what would I know? ;)

Again, and I'll say it slowly this time, going onto another board and slagging their players with inciteful comments is not conducive to 'discussion', or the way to gain respect.

Oh, the Brownlow thing? Let's see how Selwood's career goes over the next few years now that Judd's washed up.

Then we can make fair comparisons.
That poster registered today, made a half dozen posts re Selwood and started a fight here. Bet he isn't a Carlton supporter, either.

Well for mine he rarely ducks. Want to look at Ducking in a dangerious way , look at what Thompson did in the first quarter. Charge with head down.

The thing is , Im yet to see it have a negative affect , with his mindset it may actually fire him up.
I've had this very argument on the main board a few times now. He rarely ducks hence why it's laughable they call him 'duckwood'. He shrugs the tackle by lifting his arms and from my view if opposition players can't stick a tackle stiff cheddar.

Now I know some on this board think he had a better year last year and if he wins the brownlow it would be GAJ 'Bradbury' brownlow. For mine I hope he wins it for 2 reasons. 1. As recognition for another great year from the captain (yes there was a lull in the middle of the year, but only Gaz can keep it up all year)

2. My ulterior motive for him winning would be the big F U it sends to opposition fans.

I said it at the time, hawk fans booing Bartel for his 'dive' didn't annoy me as he deserved the criticism and disdain of the fans. The s**t Selwood cops is getting on my nerves and it is mostly unwarranted. I would hazard a guess that 95% of Selwood's free kicks are deserved.

/rant but agree with your sentiments:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back