Mod. Notice Opposition posters please read and heed if ya going to post

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok. I'm around these parts tonight. Just wanta say that I will absolutely no tolerance for any trolling.

Home team rules apply. And that's Essendon.

Want to get into a spirited debate about coaching, go to another board. Not here. Not tonight.

Don't poke the natives.

If I have the remotest sniff of trolling I will card.

This is an AFL forum with a section for topics specifically about the Essendon Football Club, it's not an Essendon forum.

Isn't this board a bit over the top in it's "Essendon supporter only" stance?
No, it's a board primarily for Essendon supporters. Just like the Richmond board is primarily for Richmond supporters.

This is an AFL forum with a section for topics specifically about the Essendon Football Club, it's not an Essendon forum.

darwin-award-winner-jpg.118356

He didn't seem that hammered at all.. but my recollections are hazy.

I wouldn't know. I just assumed the only reason non-players go to the Crichton is to get hammered. Why else would you pay the insane price?

It's all relative huh!

I'm a tee totaler, so even one glass of wine makes him hammered.

You back in WA?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't know. I just assumed the only reason non-players go to the Crichton is to get hammered. Why else would you pay the insane price?

#flightplan

I'm a tee totaler, so even one glass of wine makes him hammered.

Yes I think might be too now.

You back in WA?

Walked through the door about 90 minutes ago. Said hello to wifey who had to run out the door. Said hi to the dog. Unpacked the bags. Put a load of washing on and thought I'll just check on the board quickly. :confused::drunk::cry:

Wait wait wait, beerfish is in WA and we haven't beered up yet??

He told me the other night that most of his waking hours are spent plotting ways to avoid you.

Sorry, bud.
Yeah, no need to apologise.My wife does the same.

JFYI the club boards are all modded independently based upon the preferences and guidelines of the individual boards. Some boards are more open to opposition discussion, others shut it down without blinking (try posting anything on the Norf or Dees boards)

Nearly all boards have "club supporters only" threads, and all boards tend to lock out opp posts for key sensitive issues. Our board did this when we were 3-10, during the Dusty dramas, and for periods of the Vickery/Cox discussions. The intent isn't to stop discussion (on most boards), but to stop discussions getting railroaded by opposition supporters who come in only to troll (how often do you see the phrase "off to the xxx board now for some fun, see you again when my ban is over :D")

As for EFC having this discussion as "EFC only", they are the only club who has an entire board dedicated to slagging off its membership, with much of it mod approved in the early days (with it getting that bad they had to create a specific EFC complaint mechanism). They are called cultists and evil - all of which would get you banned on any other board, but is cool with the HTB mods. They have seen posters wish EFC players die of cancer so the supporters suffer more. They have had threads discussing why parents should ban their kids playing with friends who barrack for EFC. They have had threads comparing their supporters to those who molest children. They have seen discussions about how in crowd violence against EFC fans is now acceptable.

Big shock that they don't want this crap infesting their own board.

After all this drug drama is finished I hope our board is a lot more open to other club members.

Personally I would like the whole Essendon board to be open to other supporters now except for the Ryder thread and the ASADA one. If someone is a dick then just card them. The internet should be free for everyone.

After all this drug drama is finished I hope our board is a lot more open to other club members.

Personally I would like the whole Essendon board to be open to other supporters now except for the Ryder thread and the ASADA one. If someone is a dick then just card them. The internet should be free for everyone.
All other threads are open to non-Essendon posters.

As long as they don't troll and obey the rules.

I just want to say that I am happy that both my club and Essendon were able to come to a deal.
I am sorry for anything I said that was a bit harsh about Essendon.
We are just 2 clubs at different stages right now and I hope you make good use of the draft pics, as we really don't need draft pics this year but we really needed a player like Ryder.

Thankyou for coming to the table and dealing with us.
If we win the flag this year then I won't forget that it was the Bombers that helped this happen by trading us Ryder and being more than reasonable (in contrast to what the media says about your club).

The reality is that any player that we would have picked with 17 or 37 they would never have got any game time with us as we have a set side and we are in the premiership window.

I hope the Essendon Football Club can bounce back and recover from the ASADA mess, and that the draft pics that we traded you turn out to help you in your resurgence back to the top end of the AFL and maybe we can play you in a grand final in a few years.

Cheers, noted.

In the end, I think we all sometimes say things in the heat of the battle, so to speak, that we don't mean, or at least fully mean. Frustration brings out the ugly side in everyone.

We all move on.

Cheers, noted.

In the end, I think we all sometimes say things in the heat of the battle, so to speak, that we don't mean, or at least fully mean. Frustration brings out the ugly side in everyone.

We all move on.
Btw, I don't want to get carded, but I think ASADA/AFL need to get a move on with this court case judgment against you (and now also 2 of our major players in Ryder and Angus Monfries) as this has been going on far too long... I think at this stage, can you not simply look at the high court dismissing claims if they can't come to conclusion in X amount of time?
(yes I am aware I now have a vested interest that all Essendon players from the particular year of investigation get no penalty as we now have 2 critical players in our side that could be affected).

In any case if they can't find any evidence then surely there are time limits of how long the investigation can take?
This is a joke, it should have been over long ago!
You can either be guilty or not guilty... not sitting in limbo for years! That's not fair on the players or the club!

Also to add... I think that as you were not at the top part of the ladder during the accused years and as you didn't win a premiership or could be accused of preventing or hindering a club of going for the flag, then there should be no penalty, but rather Essendon should simply be subjected to increased strict testing checks (as well as all sides for that matter to make sure no other side tries any cute stuff).

I feel that punishing the players would for one really render Essendon as a reserves side in the AFL, and also I doubt it was the players fault anyway (even if they did take banned substances).
You guys have not been a threat for the flag since 2001, so there is no "Lance Armstrong" style case to strip you of any awards as you didn't win any in that time anyway.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back