Order the 1st Week of Finals as to how they interest you.

Remove this Banner Ad

brad

Club Legend
Mar 14, 2004
ESSENDON
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
ESSENDON
Not involving your own team (oooops if they're in it)

1. Hawthorn Vs Geelong - games often go either way, MCG, big crowd and the loser will be facing either North or my Bombers in Week 2.

2. Sydney Vs Fremantle - think Freo would be rapt to have this game played at ANZ.

3. Port Adelaide Vs Richmond - predicted the game to be close, but, could easily see the bubble burst in a big way. KB tweets Richmond is now everyone's 2nd favourite team. Oh really???

Strangely they're the order in which they're being played.

Everyone will have the same order, that being, the order which the games are being played in

/thread

Port V Richmond - Could Richmond actually be a contender?
Hawthorn V Geelong - Hawthorn V Geelong, enough said.
Sydney V Fremantle - Meh
North V Essendon - Double meh

Hawks v Geel

The other 3 interest me about as much as a good Friday night game of footy. I really think Sydney will just be too good for Freo although if it's close I might be more interested. Elimination finals, well they can be fun, but in the scheme of things are pretty boring.

Hawthorn vs. Geelong
Port vs. Tigers
Sydney vs. Freo

I can't handle the build up to the finals, memories of 2012 are still there....

Haw v Cats - should be another tight, quality game

Port v Rich - really hope Port can smash them out of the park ('everyone's second team' :rolleyes:)

Ess v NM - a very distant third

Apart from the Hawks/Cats clash, I'm really interested in seeing the Sydney/Freo game. Remembering last year how Freo pwned Sydney in one of the most amazing examples of defensive footy I've ever seen. I think the Swans will be looking to make amends for that loss on Saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 Swans v Dockers- A cracker which could go either way. Interesting to see if swans guns or Freos defensive style wins out and can Freo's new found turbo charged scoring power stand up in September.

2 Hawthorn v Geelong - another that could go either way. Will be a bruising game and the winner will be grateful for the week off. Loser thou not necessarily out of it.

3 Port v Richmond - Tigers have the momentum and could be troubling for Port, who probably would've rather played any of the other contenders (even Adelaide). Possible upset.

4 North v Essendon - Anyones a chance, a possible semi win but would be extraordinary if any of these sides got on a streak and won 3 on the trot. Another that could go either way.

My tips
Dockers by 13
Hawks by 9
Port by 35
Essendon by 28

Amazing how people are actually putting the Tigers V Port game higher in importance simply because the Tigers happened to win their games in a lot rather than a spread throughout the year and scrape into the finals by a bees dick against a Sydney team that couldn't have cared less.

"Suddenly" they're a finals contender as opposed to the teams above them who have been more consistent throughout the year, by playing the 5th placed club in their first outing.

Yawn.

People have forgotten, it's Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back