Order the Round 1 games as to how they interest you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle vs Port - potentially a very high quality game of footy. Will Port make a statement away from home?
Adelaide vs North - found this one to be the hardest to tip and a game with interesting match-ups
Carlton vs Richmond - Because the AFL keep telling me this "traditional" "blockbuster" is a must see event!
Brisbane vs Collingwood - Interested to check out the lion's shiny new midfield
Sydney vs Essendon - For differing reasons, the two clubs turning people away from the AFL for good
Bulldogs vs West Coast - Another good contest - expecting doggies to improve
Melbourne vs Gold Coast - Looking for improvements from both clubs
St Kilda vs GWS - a winnable game for the Saints, but the Giants were unlucky not to win this fixture in 2014

Edit: LOL to anyone thinking the Hawks v Cats rivalry isn't what it was! It is modern rivalry on and off field built on recent history and mutual respect, not by an AFL marketing team pushing stale "rivalries" between clubs with large supporter bases.

1. Carlton vs Richmond - Start of the season. Tiges seem set for a big season and Carlton a fair chance for bottom 4.
2. Fremantle vs. Port Adelaide - Finals contenders.
3. Brisbane vs. Collingwood - Should be a fairly interesting, even game.
4. Sydney vs. Essendon - Keen to see Essendon get whooped!!!
5. Hawthorn vs. Geelong - Always proves to be a ripper match. Geelong have had a fair few list changes too. Will be a good one.
6. St Kilda vs. GWS - Will be interested to see how St. Kilda deal with a team such as GWS. Hopefully be able to gauge from this whether they're definite spoon favourites or not.
7. Adelaide vs. North Melbourne - Don't particularly care for either club but I suppose the quality of the game will be pretty good.
8. Western Bulldogs vs. West Coast - Snooze fest. Will be interesting to see if WB are going to be battling it out with St. Kilda for the spoon.

1. Hawthorn v Geelong
2. Carlton v Richmond
3. Sydney v Essendon
4. Fremantle v Port
5. Brisbane v Collingwood
6. Adelaide v North Melbourne
7. Melbourne v Gold Coast
8. Bulldogs v West Coast

Massive gap in interest between 4 and 5 though, will likely only watch the first 4.

Dockers v Port Adelaide
Melbourne v G Coast
Hawthorn v Geelong
Carlton v Richmond, Brisbane Lions v Collingwood
Adelaide v North Melb
W Bulldogs v WC Eagles, Swans v Essendon

Brisbane vs Collingwood - Shame I won't be watching it due to I'll be at Etihad, but the result will interest me, wonder if the Pies will get into Beams and if Brisbane can take a step up.
Adelaide vs North Melbourne - Can either team make an early season statement, both are contenders imo
Fremantle vs Port Adelaide - Should've got a better timeslot but are both interstate sides
Hawthorn vs Geelong - Meh.......they play each other 3 times a year these days
Sydney vs Essendon - can a relieved Essendon produce the boilover of the year
Melbourne vs Gold Coast - hoping the Dees can make a game of this, while Gaz gets through unscathed
St Kilda vs GWS - can GWS finally beat St Kilda?
Carlton vs Richmond - so bloody over this FIXture, hope Richmond smash Carlton out to Sunday twilights

Port v Freo should be a cracker, hoping Port smash them at home.
Sydney v Essendon really want Sydney to absolutely cream them, but not confident it will happen as they always seem to start the season slowly.
Brissie v Collingwood how much have Brisbane improved and how far backwards have Collingwood gone?
Adelaide v North should be a good game
The rest, meh. Kind of over Hawthorn v Geelong TBH.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back