Drugs/doping in AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely they are really backed into a corner. If they try to get his contract upheld he can test the legality of getting out of it. If he can walk it opens the door for the rest of the players. They really have to hope Brissy don't want to screw them too hard. Irony in that last year Brisbane were getting nailed by everyone else who were offering them peanuts for their high picked youth.
If Ryder does indeed nominate Brisbane, Essendope's in for a world of pain. Brisbane's got academy players tying up 2nd (Hammelmann), possibly 3rd (Dawson) and 4th round (Tickner/Uebeyang) picks.

These doping idiots are appealing Middleton's decision but won't until after the Grand Final. How kind of them.

The grounds to the appeal will no doubt be along the lines of an affidavit stating.... " I James Hird hereby declare that I was a really, really good football player. So good that everyone respects me. I am also really respected outside football, ask my wife, she's a Lawyer you know. Therefore I and Essendon are innocent of everything, its just the vibe of the thing ."

felsty

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
The show cause notice deadline begins to tick away. As far as I'm aware they have 14 days to respond from tomorrow.

They can appeal Fridays decision which they have 21 days from Friday to do so.
Mark Robinson has come out on SEN and said that Essendon and Hird are looking to appeal the outcome decided by John Middleton after the AFL Grand Final, which prolong the case further by taking it to the Supreme Court as opposed to the Federal Court that found its decision last Friday.

sauce_head

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 24, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Mark Robinson has come out on SEN and said that Essendon and Hird are looking to appeal the outcome decided by John Middleton after the AFL Grand Final, which prolong the case further by taking it to the Supreme Court as opposed to the Federal Court that found its decision last Friday.
Really? I thought there was a board meeting tomorrow to decide that?

Has ASADA REISSUED the show cause?

felsty

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints

This is just what a HUN Journo was saying so you're probably right.. Not sure about ASADAs SCN but they should be coming out sooner rather than later

felsty

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints

This is just what a HUN Journo was saying so you're probably right.. Not sure about ASADAs SCN but they should be coming out sooner rather than later

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Break out the popcorn guy's & gal's the next month will be entertaining.

Better get the wide screen TV fired up to see the full extent of Hird's ego though.

Sunshine Saint

Cancelled
St Kilda - Player Sponsor Nathan Wright 2015 St Kilda - Nathan Wright Player Sponsor 2014 St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger Sponsor 2013
Dec 1, 2011
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Mitta United, Tapalinga, St Marys
With SCN's being issued and now rolling on and legal options for appeal etc seemingly absurdly unlikely, will the Essendon board allow Hird and Little to keep the legal charade going?

Little and Hird have tried the tough man, deny, obstruct and run to court approach and this clearly has gone up in flames. There surely will have to either be a step down by Little, a change of approach, or most likely a move on him by either the board, or at the Annual General Meeting, by significant members who put forward a ticket, to replace the board, to get this finished. A new board would want to take their punishment and move on.

With this scenario not only is the existing board gone, but Hird and Thompson as well, as they could never been allowed to stay either.

Hird, Little etc are all dead men walking. The only thing now is if they are going easily, or more likely a drag down fight which could tear the club apart. All of this because they mindlessly give full support to Hird, because of his past exploits as a player. Amazing. We all know of people were sensational at one role, but after promotion to a leading position were shocking. Somehow these same experiences that most would recognise, don't apply to Hird.

Break out the popcorn guy's & gal's the next month will be entertaining.

Better get the wide screen TV fired up to see the full extent of Hird's ego though.
The going has got tuff again so he's just pissed off over seas again.
He is starting to turn into Christopher Skase.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
The going has got tuff again so he's just pissed off over seas again.
He is starting to turn into Christopher Skase.
Hah!
Yes, and Pixie will start speaking for him again in his absence.

Little is extremely wealthy, he can probably afford to waste everybody's time

I can imagine how he got there.
"Excuse me mr little , your company owes my company "x" dollars in outstanding debts"
" I dont have to pay it , I'll take you to court, it will cost more than its worth , bully bully bully "

Good to see him cop it in a level playing field.

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
Essendon and their players need to just cop their punishment like men, deal with it and get on with their lives and careers afterwards.

Had they just been forthcoming and cooperative in the first place the proper people could have been punished over the last 2 years and the club could go into 2015 with a full list back from suspensions and a coaching/administration free of the bullshit. Instead they are dragging their own name through the mud as slowly as they can possibly do, all the while telling the players it will be alright, weve got this bro.

Bomber Thomspon isnt an idiot, he knew the list wasn't going to win a flag this year and the entire administration knew it as well. Cop it all this year and start afresh is what should have happened.

felsty

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
HUN article saying Dons will take Ryder saga to court if they aren't compensated with a legitimate trade - something along the lines of a top ten pick or player such as Wines or Hanley.

Good topic for debate - are Essendon right in taking this stance or is all balanced opinion thrown out with the peptides scandal and the unethical treatment of their players?

On one hand if it were my club I would want them to be forcing a player to stay especially when he is contracted for the next two years and is an important part of their on field team dynamics.

On the other hand if StKilda had of done that to our players I probably wouldn't be supporting the club anymore.

HUN article saying Dons will take Ryder saga to court if they aren't compensated with a legitimate trade - something along the lines of a top ten pick or player such as Wines or Hanley.

Good topic for debate - are Essendon right in taking this stance or is all balanced opinion thrown out with the peptides scandal and the unethical treatment of their players?

On one hand if it were my club I would want them to be forcing a player to stay especially when he is contracted for the next two years and is an important part of their on field team dynamics.

On the other hand if StKilda had of done that to our players I probably wouldn't be supporting the club anymore.

i'm probably in the same boat. Not sure i see both sides. if Ryder is really honestly doing this to get away from essendon becuase of fear, and the saga, not just beucase because his wife wants to be near her parents, then i would give in.

Really? I'd be so goddam repentant, I'd let anyone who wanted to leave do so! I guess repentant is just not the Essendon way.

What does it say when a club is willing to subject a player to things that could damage his unborn child? What does it say when they won't let him leave once they've done that? How can the rest of the AFL think that the people who have done this, and who are doing this, how can the AFL think that is okay? that these are the kind of people we want involved in our game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back