Drumroe

Premiership Player
May 9, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Echo the sentiments on Jameer. Sad to see him go but the right decision. Hopefully he gets a nice back-up position on a good team.

We have zero true power forwards save for newly drafted Aaron Gordon. Why wouldn't he fit?

I'm not crash hot on him, but I can see why we're looking at him.

Offensively he slightly fits, although he plays very much inside, and your spacing isn't great as it is.

Defensively though I just dont think him and Vucevic would work, both too immobile.

While of course he would make you guys a better team, but at the 12-13mil that he is going to cost I think you guys could find a better fit.

Jan 15, 2006
Oz
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando Magic, Baltimore Ravens
From Jameer Nelson and Aaron Afflalo to Ben Gordon. Dat locker room leadership.

kevin-in-disbelief-gif.gif

flaps

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2009
Ballarat via Melbourne via Hobart via Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Albury Bandits, Orlando Magic
If he takes a role on the pine I'll be happy. If it's just for the season (as the second year isn't guaranteed) I'll be okay with that.

BG was supposed to be the next MJ when he went to the Bulls at #3. Are we trying to moneyball it or something?

Aaron Gordon is gonna be a beast, I can sense it! :D

I really thought he would go higher. Looks like he has great power and skill.

We've had our bottom out now it's time to rise. Going to be happy to follow whatever players we choose to develop.

Sep 21, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
I really thought he would go higher. Looks like he has great power and skill.

We've had our bottom out now it's time to rise. Going to be happy to follow whatever players we choose to develop.
4 was always going to be his peak, we were slated and expected to get Exum but Gordon was a surprise to all of us.

He's been okay without being extraordinary in Summer League. Good thing about Gordon is that he's the youngest player in the draft so he has a shitload of development in him.

4 was always going to be his peak, we were slated and expected to get Exum but Gordon was a surprise to all of us.

He's been okay without being extraordinary in Summer League. Good thing about Gordon is that he's the youngest player in the draft so he has a shitload of development in him.

Development is going to be the key and it's the one thing that the Magic need to get right if they want to make it to the top. We can't just go expecting to trade in guns. We have to put the work in.

I wasn't that excited with Exum myself but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think it could take many years before we start pushing for finals and we really need to make the most of them. Only young guns allowed.

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
How long does the preview have to be and what does it need to have in it?
It's however long or brief as you want. There's no particular requirements.

I'd be interested in how you think Orlando will go, how they'll set up with the new rooksrooks and acquired players, covering the departure of afflalo, expectations for the season, development of oladipos game this season, improvements that you think need to be made. Anything you like really

Sep 21, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
It's however long or brief as you want. There's no particular requirements.

I'd be interested in how you think Orlando will go, how they'll set up with the new rooksrooks and acquired players, covering the departure of afflalo, expectations for the season, development of oladipos game this season, improvements that you think need to be made. Anything you like really
I'll give it a miss I reckon, just cbf'd writing I guess. :p

dimensions I reckon you could do this job easily. Would be good to see a newbie post! :D

Geez this team sucks, confused on the the offensive floor and on defence, not sure what Jaque Vaughn is trying to do.

Positive is that Elfrid Payton is going to be a gun, glad we didn't take Exum now.

Sep 21, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Geez this team sucks, confused on the the offensive floor and on defence, not sure what Jaque Vaughn is trying to do.

Positive is that Elfrid Payton is going to be a gun, glad we didn't take Exum now.
What's even more bizarre is JV's unwillingness to play Harkless who's one of our better defenders on the wing.

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
He didn't play him the furst two games but played him in the third game , Hark will get more game time as the season progresses.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
has vuc taken another step forward?

looked good in the patches ive seen...

im still shocked they took gordon over a proper pf.

harris is a big strong sf , and even if gordon is a different player magic have harkless and harris as big sf's. why take a tweener sf/pf?

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
has vuc taken another step forward?

looked good in the patches ive seen...

im still shocked they took gordon over a proper pf.

harris is a big strong sf , and even if gordon is a different player magic have harkless and harris as big sf's. why take a tweener sf/pf?
Gordon is going to be gem. He's being touted as the next Blake Griffen by many. He's decent defensively and highly athletic, he's shown promise with his jumpahot so once that improves the kid will be a beast.

The days of "proper power forwards" are gone as most teams are going with a stretch 4 nowadays.

Sep 21, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Gordon is going to be gem. He's being touted as the next Blake Griffen by many. He's decent defensively and highly athletic, he's shown promise with his jumpahot so once that improves the kid will be a beast.

The days of "proper power forwards" are gone as most teams are going with a stretch 4 nowadays.
He's got a lot of potential in becoming an elite defender one of these days imo.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
i agree gordon has a lot of potential.

just hard to see how a team of vuc , oquinn , gordon , harris and harkless balances.

there isnt much stretch shooting there... sure most of them have decent range but not the kind that will burn you in games particularly in vuc/oquinn/gordon. seems a side that needs to develop spurs like passing and fundamentals or could be shut down in half court.

Drumroe

Premiership Player
May 9, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
i agree gordon has a lot of potential.

just hard to see how a team of vuc , oquinn , gordon , harris and harkless balances.

there isnt much stretch shooting there... sure most of them have decent range but not the kind that will burn you in games particularly in vuc/oquinn/gordon. seems a side that needs to develop spurs like passing and fundamentals or could be shut down in half court.

This early in a re-build it's just about getting the best pieces and seeing how they develop. Getting sharpshooters and better fits can come later.

flaps

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2009
Ballarat via Melbourne via Hobart via Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Albury Bandits, Orlando Magic

Perfect comparison. As a big B.Griffen fan, I'm really excited by what we have in Gordon.

Back