Oscar Pistorius Trial

Remove this Banner Ad

Posting the truth is not posting bollocks. Intent has everything to with murder trials.

No s**t. But intent is absolutely 100% crystal clear at the point someone fires a handgun through a door. So your comment in reply to me was "No, intent is a factor" as if mentioning the word 'intent' somehow negates my argument that when you fire a ******* gun through a door at a human, your intent is obvious.

You do not understand intent or self defense, you just know its a word that has something to do with court cases.

No s**t. But intent is absolutely 100% crystal clear at the point someone fires a handgun through a door. So your comment in reply to me was "No, intent is a factor" as if mentioning the word 'intent' somehow negates my argument that when you fire a ******* gun through a door at a human, your intent is obvious.

You do not understand intent or self defense, you just know its a word that has something to do with court cases.
No it is not. Their intent could be to harm but not cause a fatality. Stupid argument to make.

As I thought, you don't know what intent means.

Here's a hint: It doesn't mean "make up any excuse for doing something and say that was your reasoning" i.e. you can't fire a gun at someone blindly, through a door, knowing they were in there and not objectively an immediate threat... and then claim you had no intent to kill them.

As I thought, you don't know what intent means.

Here's a hint: It doesn't mean "make up any excuse for doing something and say that was your reasoning" i.e. you can't fire a gun at someone blindly, through a door, knowing they were in there and not objectively an immediate threat... and then claim you had no intent to kill them.
There is evidence that he was under imminent threat or a perceived one though.

No it is not. Their intent could be to harm but not cause a fatality. Stupid argument to make.
Firing into a small room just to wound? Completely unreasonable.

Amazing that you're defending him on the basis that you perceive that feminists have a point of view on it.

Utterly amazing. Purely reactionary.
No I am not. I'm defending him on the basis of legal argument and theory. But good to see you put words into people's mouths and thoughts into people's minds.

There is evidence that he was under imminent threat or a perceived one though.

Ah so its not about intent then, its about self defense? You think he genuinely believed it was an armed robber about to fire at him, even though his wife was missing from their bed and the person was behind a closed door? But you acknowledge that the act of firing into a small room IS an intent to kill?

Make up your mind mottrain, I'm getting dizzy over here.

Ah so its not about intent then, its about self defense? You think he genuinely believed it was an armed robber about to fire at him, even though his wife was missing from their bed and the person was behind a closed door? But you acknowledge that the act of firing into a small room IS an intent to kill?

Make up your mind mottrain, I'm getting dizzy over here.
Self defence is part of intent. Also you can be intending to restrict a victim but not kill with your action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it is not.

Yes it is. If the "I only intended to wound" defence was sound, then you'd have to let every single murderer out of jail because every single murderer would say the same thing.

If you attack someone in an attempt to wound them and they die from the wound you inflicted, you are guilty of murder.

Self defence is not an argument when firing at someone in a different room, either.

I do like mottrain's idea though, you could go around killing whoever you liked. I mean, I wouldn't abuse it or anything.

Sorry bro, didn't realise throwing a live grenade would kill, only meant to give him a bruise.

Yes it is. If the "I only intended to wound" defence was sound, then you'd have to let every single murderer out of jail because every single murderer would say the same thing.

If you attack someone in an attempt to wound them and they die from the wound you inflicted, you are guilty of murder.

Self defence is not an argument when firing at someone in a different room, either.
Yes it is. If they die because you attempted to wound soemone it doesn't mean murder straight up.

Logical shortcomings are the result of bending over backwards to defend feminists.
Do you think anyone other than feminists find Pistorius's story completely unbelievable?

Do you think anyone other than feminists find Pistorius's story completely unbelievable?
Domestic Violence Groups do as do some others. Even the judge labelled him an evasive witness however has then gone and shown why the evidence essentially showed what he had said was credible in some aspects and also why what the prosecution put forward was questionable or false.

So I can stab someone in the gut, and if they die, but I only meant to hurt them, not kill them, it's not murder?
I believe that is more or less the definition of manslaughter. Murder is as much about intent as it is about action for whatever reason. Same reason planning in advance to kill someone is classified differently to deciding to kill someone on the spur of the moment.

Domestic Violence Groups do as do some others.
So... only feminists and domestic violence groups think he's guilty? Is that really what you think?

Not sure what this had to do with the question.
Even the judge labelled him an evasive witness however has then gone and shown why the evidence essentially showed what he had said was credible in some aspects and also why what the prosecution put forward was questionable or false.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back