Other Ways To Watch AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty should the live ones won't mirror. I couldn't do it last year when I tried at least. You've had it working like that?
That's what I heard the issue was. Replays were fine by live matches were no dice.
Yeah I used it on the live games all season last year.
Hmmmm. Has me curious now? I might buy the Apple TV and just return it if the live matches don't mirror. Ta.

Hmm just logged onto my mums Go connection. She has the sports package with AFL channel. Cant see the channel in the list, nor the game you mentioned :(
You can watch Fox Footy through Go on a mobile or tablet, but not on a desktop/laptop.

That's what I heard the issue was. Replays were fine by live matches were no dice.

Hmmmm. Has me curious now? I might buy the Apple TV and just return it if the live matches don't mirror. Ta.
Yep, it was definitely working last year. I'm pretty sure PepperFace was also doing it last season too. There were times last year that I was about half way through watching a game through the app and Apple Tv method before realising it was showing on FTA.

Yep, it was definitely working last year. I'm pretty sure PepperFace was also doing it last season too. There were times last year that I was about half way through watching a game through the app and Apple Tv method before realising it was showing on FTA.
I mirror the live games with miracast with my android. But know of others who mirror live matches with apple TV and works

Anyone use ADSL2 with the AFL live pass with a provider other than Telstra?
I have tpg and it's a bit hit and miss with them with resolution.

Thinking of moving to iinet. Any thoughts of them vs tpg in terms of internet speed reliability etc?
https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/180774
This might save you some money Bay Pie or anyone else who is thinking of getting an afl live pass this year.

Mentioned in earlier post if you are with telstra prepaid you can use some of your recharge credit to buy a monthly afl pass. Effectively it doesn't cost anything as it's within the $30 or more that's used for recharge. You can then watch on iPad

would someone please create a "full league" in fantasy football for me....so I can get a free afl pass. Take your time. Thank you.

whats the difference if you have Foxtel on a set top box or if you stream through PS4?
Are the packages cheaper or different in any way?

hey all

Havnt posted for a long time but have a question about streaming afl in Australia
I have just moved house and now don't have foxtel so no more fox footy, absolutely shattered
I was wondering if anyone here streams the afl, I have Samsung smart tv, Apple tv, xbox one, has anyone streamed off any of these platforms, cable internet Also so should have no issues streaming, just looking on some advice on the best way to go about it

Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey all

Havnt posted for a long time but have a question about streaming afl in Australia
I have just moved house and now don't have foxtel so no more fox footy, absolutely shattered
I was wondering if anyone here streams the afl, I have Samsung smart tv, Apple tv, xbox one, has anyone streamed off any of these platforms, cable internet Also so should have no issues streaming, just looking on some advice on the best way to go about it

Thanks
Welcome back! I have the same conundrum and this has been really helpful http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/other-ways-to-watch-afl.1086050/

hey all

Thanks

Threads merged ... As Jasper84 pointed out, this thread has been helpful

The free pass for the NAB Cup is a good time to play around with different technologies. I did the iPad / Apple TV streaming set up last season and it worked a treat - this was for the international version through a VPN, will be switching to domestic this year as it is $60 cheaper....

.....mini-rant - anyone at AFL want to explain why there's such a price difference internationally when you're really doing exactly the same thing? Other, of course, than your usual shortsighted greediness? rant over.....

Must say that I'm on the non-Turnbull NBN, which makes a difference.

Bump!

Anyone got any new and inventive ways to watch AFL this year other than with Foxtel?

Live Pass on a tablet vs VPN international live pass?

I like to watch some of the footy shows that are on Foxtel but I'm pretty much resigned to missing them.

Bump!

Anyone got any new and inventive ways to watch AFL this year other than with Foxtel?

Live Pass on a tablet vs VPN international live pass?

I like to watch some of the footy shows that are on Foxtel but I'm pretty much resigned to missing them.
Just got the live pass on a free 2 week trial. Running well on the tablet so far.

Just got the live pass on a free 2 week trial. Running well on the tablet so far.
Just did likewise. Watching now.

Don't fancy watching on a tablet all year for $90 but if worse comes to worse it'll do.

I reckon the international site is better than the app. Some clubs have international memberships that come with a watchafl subscription. Have heard the Pies are also putting together a package for that. Also, you don't need to use a VPN, that will just slow everything down. Use a DNS trick like UnoTelly or UnoDNS instead.

Just did likewise. Watching now.

Don't fancy watching on a tablet all year for $90 but if worse comes to worse it'll do.
I wouldn't get a year subscription. My plan is to use the free trial up and get the fox footy channel back on when we have our first non free to air game (about round 7 I think). I usually cancel fox footy once the season finishes

I reckon the international site is better than the app. Some clubs have international memberships that come with a watchafl subscription. Have heard the Pies are also putting together a package for that. Also, you don't need to use a VPN, that will just slow everything down. Use a DNS trick like UnoTelly or UnoDNS instead.

I wouldn't get a year subscription. My plan is to use the free trial up and get the fox footy channel back on when we have our first non free to air game (about round 7 I think). I usually cancel fox footy once the season finishes

Both fantastic ideas. Thanks guys.

Thanks mate, very helpful. The issue I have is that I am moving house before the season starts and want to avoid getting foxtel.
I just don't want to get all the boys round to watch the game and have it ruined by unreliable internet connections and syncing.

I had Foxtel Play for the last 2 seasons, with really poor quality Internet. It dropped out every 5 minutes. I just watched my first game from the AFL app streamed to the telly through my Apple TV box, and it worked a treat. Mind you, I'm connected to the NBN, which is a million times better than what I had in Brisbane. It's $89 for the entire season, or as I'm going to do, just pay $4.99 for the weeks that the Pies aren't on free to air, and it really makes the $50+ you shell out for Fox each month to be way too much. I do miss AFL360, I really enjoy that show, but now that Fox are losing the premier league as of next season, I doubt I'll ever go back.

I had Foxtel Play for the last 2 seasons, with really poor quality Internet. It dropped out every 5 minutes. I just watched my first game from the AFL app streamed to the telly through my Apple TV box, and it worked a treat. Mind you, I'm connected to the NBN, which is a million times better than what I had in Brisbane. It's $89 for the entire season, or as I'm going to do, just pay $4.99 for the weeks that the Pies aren't on free to air, and it really makes the $50+ you shell out for Fox each month to be way too much. I do miss AFL360, I really enjoy that show, but now that Fox are losing the premier league as of next season, I doubt I'll ever go back.
I'm guessing the apple tv box allows you to mirror the stream from your tablet/pc?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back