Opinion Our 2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Good chance if we get handed a easter sunday home game in round 1 it will be against a lower ranked side like the Bulldogs, Melbourne or Lions.
carlton v richmond
Swans vs Giants
Hawks vs cats
Are the fixtures set in stone for round 1.

As a couple of posters have mentioned - Thursday nights ... Adelaide Football Club should try to own them.

The players love them, the fans love them, the tv audience loves them.

We won't get more than 2 of them no matter what but let's try to get those 2 and make them crackers, say vs Hawthorn and I don't know cos we prob won't get Collingwood again ..... Fremantle?

Everyone raves about Friday nights, I prefer Saturday nights. On Friday nights tho, I think a couple of weeks at least the AFL could play 2 Friday night games - 1 in Melbourne, 1 in Perth. Or even early in the season when daylight savings is still going 1 in Melbourne, 1 in Brisbane. This would let more clubs play on the Friday nights which again the players and fans love. I know NRL and A-League do this, seems to work ok.

At least one Showdown definitely needs to be at night, and not a Sunday night.
Hoping showdown is round 4 or 5. id be annoyed if its round 1.Would be good for the AFL to reward SA footy and give us a friday night showdown

Hopefully there will be a night showdown, the atmosphere is so much better, i can't remember the last time there was a night Showdown (maybe 2011?)

Hopefully there will be a night showdown, the atmosphere is so much better, i can't remember the last time there was a night Showdown (maybe 2011?)
Last night showdown was in 2012. Crows haven't hosted a night showdown since Round 18 2007. Actually we haven't hosted a showdown on a day other than Sunday since Round 18 2007.

Especially our first home game of the season. Lost 10 of 15 from memory.

Melbourne Victory hadn't won a first round for 7 years until tonight. They caned 'em tonight.

I wish were playing Hawthorn round 1 on a Friday night and we remade the GET SOME HAWK ON YOUR FORK banner :) :)

How can u remember 15 years? I can barely remember 15 minutes ago .....

Wouldn't mind a challenging draw if we get a decent start to the year by playing teams like St Kilda, WB, etc.

Wouldn't mind a challenging draw if we get a decent start to the year by playing teams like St Kilda, WB, etc.

Nah, West Coast had that this year. They were 4-0 with a bullet then reality hit. An actual "draw" would give us a decent "draw". It's the "fix"turing that causes the problems.

Don't think it matters too much anyway. Gerard Whately was saying on 360 late in the season that the ladder positions as they would be after each team had played each other once ended up being almost exactly as the ladder positions were at end of the season in the last few years, for the top 8 in particular.

Even in 2012 when we had the "easy" draw we beat Freo in Perth and Sydney in Sydney. If we had 2 wins like that this season we would have made the 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easter Sunday at home against St Kilda , Round 2 against the dogs at etihad, round 3 against Geelong at Adelaide oval would be a good start to the year. Then round 5 the home showdown.

Lets turn our attention to the 2015 AFL Fixture... usually this tiem of year the first 2 weeks are leaked? any news yet??

It was mentioned in the Herald Sun that we will have 1 Thursday night game, and there would be 4 in total. One each in Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney.
We didnt play Carlton at home this year or last year so probably a big chance it will be them.
actually we havent played carlton at home in over 3 years!

teams we didnt play at home this year: Freo, Carlton, Brisbane, Bulldogs, Geelong and Essendon. Id expect to play them here in 2015.
I remember the 1993 season.. out of all our home games only 1 was a day game. Remember how we used to get a lot of 5:10pm games on a sunday? game would finish at 7:40, rush home and watch the replay at 8:30 on 7.

Good chance if we get handed a easter sunday home game in round 1 it will be against a lower ranked side like the Bulldogs, Melbourne or Lions.
carlton v richmond
Swans vs Giants
Hawks vs cats
Are the fixtures set in stone for round 1.

Brisbane vs Collingwood is also locked in for rd 1

"The 2015 fixture has not been finalised but a Lions-Magpies clash has been pencilled in for Saturday, April 4."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-meet-in-round-1/story-fnia3v70-1227087418333

I want to break ports record crowd (still does my head in how port hold the best crowd at adel oval WHEN 2007-2012 they were getting crows of 14-18k) we got rotten luck last year with that Ricmond and hawthorn game being wet and rain forecast... def kept people away. our season ticket holders need to rock up! hopefully we get some night blockbuster time slots. and friday night games 7.20 is too early.. they need to start at 7.50 (back in the day they started at 8.10 in SA)

What we really need is to play some really soft games to start the year, get some early confidence up and going and build momentum. This will take heat of Walsh and the team. Next playing some teams in and around the 8 then followed by the top 6 teams would be an ideal scenario.

Winning early games sets the tone for the season. The worse is to start a year off with 3-4 tough games and be 0-4 or 1-3.

55431438.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back