Opinion Our 2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Why the heck don't Geelong get 11 home games like everyone else.

Annoys me that Collingwood, Essendon, Richmond, Carlton, Hawthorn don't have to play the Cats at Skilled Stadium.

Geelong make more money playing the big Vic teams at the G/Docklands than they do at Kardinia Park. Mind you they also make good coin at Kardinia Park as well. It is in their interests to play these games in Melbourne, don't feel sorry for them.

Rowey and K Cornes on FiveAA just said that the Crows will host Port in the first 4 rounds, so that will means Showdown 38 will be in Round 3 as we are at Home in Round 1. We will also play Hawthorn on a Thursday Night for our 25th Anniversary game, this will coincide with the three bye rounds in the middle of the season. We will play Essendon in the Final round in Round 23 at the MCG.

Rowey and K Cornes on FiveAA just said that the Crows will host Port in the first 4 rounds, so that will means Showdown 38 will be in Round 3 as we are at Home in Round 1. We will also play Hawthorn on a Thursday Night for our 25th Anniversary game, this will coincide with the three bye rounds in the middle of the season. We will play Essendon in the Final round in Round 23 at the MCG.
Unless 2014 was planned as an aberration and it'll go back to Port 1st home showdown next year and it becomes rd 2 or 4?

I took it as Port will host the first showdown in round 2.

I find that round 23 line up to be questionable at best - Essendon make a killing out of Etihad why would they shift a game against a non-Vic side to the MCG (not complaining at the extra game at the MCG, just find it difficult to believe).

I find that round 23 line up to be questionable at best - Essendon make a killing out of Etihad why would they shift a game against a non-Vic side to the MCG (not complaining at the extra game at the MCG, just find it difficult to believe).
Essendon will now play most home games at the mcg. They signed off on it this year.

FFS Port are playing Hawks at home on Anzac Day, evening match. We really have become plebs, Trigg should be banned from entering the state after what he's done to our club
We will never hold the record crowd at Adelaide ovalike season ticket holders are the blame cos they don't rock up. Just got to hope it rains hard ON ANZAC day

FFS Port are playing Hawks at home on Anzac Day, evening match. We really have become plebs, Trigg should be banned from entering the state after what he's done to our club
TO be fair Port have played at home on ANZAC Day for about 10 years.

Don't know why, I didn't even know about it till 2-3 weeks ago when someone on the main board said 'port's traditional home Anzac game' or something. I check and looky there. Home game ANZAC round for at least a decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TO be fair Port have played at home on ANZAC Day for about 10 years.

Don't know why, I didn't even know about it till 2-3 weeks ago when someone on the main board said 'port's traditional home Anzac game' or something. I check and looky there. Home game ANZAC round for at least a decade.
ANZAC Day is different to Anzac Round

ANZAC Day is different to Anzac Round
ANZAC Day this year is a Saturday.
5 of 9 games were already going to be that day. Odds were in their favour. More so than Katniss Everdeen being selected to go into the 49th Hunger Games.

Do we have two split rounds next year?

I'd like a softer start to the start to the year in 2015 - need to bank some early wins and gain confidence. I think that trial game against GWS left us in disarray for that early block of tough games, with injuries to pretty much our whole backline.

Other than that, I'm really only concerned with blatant bad fixturing, such as a 6 day break after a trip to Perth. Planning to go on holiday over the ANZAC Day week, so not fussed who gets that one.

ANZAC Day this year is a Saturday.
5 of 9 games were already going to be that day. Odds were in their favour. More so than Katniss Everdeen being selected to go into the 49th Hunger Games.
Was about to post re this. Anzac Day footy very much diluted this year with 5 games. In terms of a stand alone, our Thursday night game v Hawks will see more "stand alone" exposure

Still hate the Thursday night experiment.

It was a gutless cop out by Trigg to avoid any major fight to get a traditional time slot.

Unless the Thursday night game is leading into a public holiday = bullshit timeslot.

It was a gutless cop out by Trigg to avoid any major fight to get a traditional time slot.

Unless the Thursday night game is leading into a public holiday = bullshit timeslot.
In terms of being a supporter I tend to agree - I have a 6yo so makes it difficult on a school night. Work the next day etc etc. Not ideal.

However I can see the merit in terms of exposure of a stand alone time slot. I recall vividly the Friday after our game v Collingwood, the national media were all over us.

Now it could be argued that this was all due to the Jenkins goal, the siren and the 19th man. Even so, a Sunday 1240 game would have seen it relegated amongst all the other week end events.

Friday is a day buzzing with anticipation of the upcoming week ends sport - the media is firing on all cylinders. By playing Thursday night you get the stand alone TV plus the bonus of owning a hungry media the next day.

Do we have two split rounds next year?

I'd like a softer start to the start to the year in 2015 - need to bank some early wins and gain confidence. I think that trial game against GWS left us in disarray for that early block of tough games, with injuries to pretty much our whole backline.

Other than that, I'm really only concerned with blatant bad fixturing, such as a 6 day break after a trip to Perth. Planning to go on holiday over the ANZAC Day week, so not fussed who gets that one.

Just one split round, due to the late start, I believe I heard

I like night games but thursday night games while I am at work is........

karl-pilkington-calling-bullshit.gif

Hope this True, will be great that we won't have to travel to Perth in the last Round. From AdelaideNow; -

ADELAIDE is the first winner of the 2015 AFL fixture by finally avoiding the testing long-haul trip to Perth in the closing round of the home-and-away campaign next season.

..... it ends the burden repeatedly placed on the Crows and Power to be the away team in Perth. In the past 14 seasons, the SA clubs have been drawn to play either West Coast or Fremantle at Subiaco Oval seven times. Adelaide did so in 2011 and 2013, both times against West Coast. Port Adelaide played Fremantle in Perth in the past season.

What the f*ck is this s**t? What burden on the Power?

Port Adelaide have only ever travelled to Perth in Rnd 22 twice

Adelaide have travelled to Perth in Rnd 22 six times since Fremantle joined the comp - by far the most of any team.

Melbourne have travelled to Perth more than Port, with three visits in Rnd 22, making them 2nd (but still 100% less games than Adelaide)

Adding Port's two final round trips to Adelaide's total of 6 (or 5 since 2000 as the article states) and implying they are both sharing a burden is a little bit rich

In terms of being a supporter I tend to agree - I have a 6yo so makes it difficult on a school night. Work the next day etc etc. Not ideal.

However I can see the merit in terms of exposure of a stand alone time slot. I recall vividly the Friday after our game v Collingwood, the national media were all over us.

Now it could be argued that this was all due to the Jenkins goal, the siren and the 19th man. Even so, a Sunday 1240 game would have seen it relegated amongst all the other week end events.

Friday is a day buzzing with anticipation of the upcoming week ends sport - the media is firing on all cylinders. By playing Thursday night you get the stand alone TV plus the bonus of owning a hungry media the next day.

The day after the Collingwood game was incredibly weird.

The weekend felt like it was over and it was only Friday morning!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back