Opinion Our 2016 Performance KPIs

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 10, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
What would make you happy with our performance in 2016?

I would be extremely satisfied if we achieved the following:

(i) Beat Gold Coast in Round 1

(ii) Beat Collingwood on ANZAC Day and the cameras turn to Eddie

(iii) Beat Carlton and Melbourne each time we play them

(iv) See Crowley keep FFyfe to < 16 possessions

(v) See Kelly and Stokes put in blinders against the Cats and Kelly collect Dangerfield

(vi) Win more than 7 games

(vii) See the draftees all get a decent run and Parish and Francis look like a quality readymade 2107 AFL player

(viii) Play a "Woosha" game plan that takes the game on and is a pleasure to watch win, lose or draw

Would be interested to hear other peoples thoughts.

I'd be happy with all that..especially the Crowley v Fyfe bit.

7 games is a bit of stretch though..4 or 5 would do me.

- Not finishing last
- Coming back from poor starts, instead of dropping our heads (not necessarily winning the match though, I'm more referring to just remaining competitive)
- Playing the style the Woosh wants to play for the whole year, instead of resorting to bullshit "four-quarter flooding for the unlikely win" type efforts

There is only one KPI for this season in my book

Effort, I want to see the 1% and want to see the kids develop.

Between two to six wins would be a past mark if the effort and development are there, anything beyond that is a bonus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only want two things.

Beat Carlton at least 3 times.

Finish above Carlton.

Is that too much to ask EFC after the last 3 years?

Seriously, not to harsh buzzes around the joint, but the best thing you can do this year as a supporter is to set your expectations really, really, low.

Basically half of our best 22 is missing, including our best five or so players.

By all rights, we shouldn't expect to win a single game. Now, I'm almost certain that we will at some point because football is a funny game and sometimes, what should be the case on paper doesn't translate into reality, but talk of eight wins is nuts. It won't happen.

Just enjoy the year for what it is- a year where we're going to be nowhere near finals and where we're going to be playing several top ups- and just enjoy watching the kids.

Just want this season to come and go will be a tough year.
There will be positives, seeing the youngsters being one.

You just have to adjust your expectations away from wins, and more towards development and signs for the future.

We'll be alright.

There will be positives, seeing the youngsters being one.

You just have to adjust your expectations away from wins, and more towards development and signs for the future.

We'll be alright.

I'm not expecting wins but sitting there and watching kids get belted each week and sufferig 100 point loses will be too demorlizing for me.

I'm hoping they will at least be semi competitve for full matches.

I just want to see the young players make the most of their opportunity. Blokes like Hams, Ashby, Edwards and Tippa are entering a make it or break it season with the suspensions they should have the opportunity to prove their ability at AFL.

I'm not expecting wins but sitting there and watching kids get belted each week and sufferig 100 point loses will be too demorlizing for me.
Melbourne supporters have survived it. Carlton supporters have survived it. We can survive it.

And so can you.

I'm hoping they will at least be semi competitve for full matches.
You don't think the bigger bodied guys are going to help.... Midfield Kelly, Crowley, Goddard, Bird ... Zack ruck Luey...

In my eyes this is equal to or better than last half of last year.

Even Brown was an early draft pick and Hartley is big and tough.

Where do you think we will fall down?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back