Opinion Our 2016 Performance KPIs

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty to look forward to in my opinion. Pressure is off and we can sit back and take the season for what it is..

As far as KPI's, from a Team perspective, I'd give 2 -3 wins a pass mark but to be honest it's more about how we go about it and which players deliver the wins (if we actually win).

A key driver should be to not win the spoon and i'll be cheering hard for that all year which keeps our interest in the season.

From a player perspective, would love to see:

A full season and further development from Zerrett. If we get this, he'll be considered one of the best kids in the game.
15 - 18 games out of Laverde & Langford with improved impact and time in midfield for both.
18+ games and improvement from fantasia, Jerrett
12 - 15 games out of Francis, Parrish.
Several games and opportunities given to the other draftees from this year - Morgan probably one who looks AFL ready now, Eades, Redman if ready hopefully all get there chance to shine.

What I'm hoping not to see is 20 games stuffed into Stokes, Kelly, Dae, Polks, Simpkin, Jamar, Crowely (to a lesser extent) at the expense of players who will be there next year. Really good opportunity to expose our kids without killing them in a nothing to lose situation.

Consistency in great effort, pride, structure and execution and i'll be more than happy. Oh and a good run with injuries.

You don't think the bigger bodied guys are going to help.... Midfield Kelly, Crowley, Goddard, Bird ... Zack ruck Luey...

In my eyes this is equal to or better than last half of last year.

Even Brown was an early draft pick and Hartley is big and tough.

Where do you think we will fall down?

All though its been an issue for years i say midfield/fwd line is where will struggle the most.

Dont get me wrong top ups will be ok but there will be many games where the team will run out gas at half time only for the oposition to pile on 10 goals.

I have zero expectations for this year so I am going to party like it's 1995* when we get our occasional victory.

*the most party laden year of my life being my 1st year of uni

I have zero expectations for this year so I am going to party like it's 1995* when we get our occasional victory.

*the most party laden year of my life being my 1st year of uni
Carlton won their last premiership in 1995, dude.

No, just no.

With Stanton gone, who will the booer's boo? I think this is quite important for the kpi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Us being a tough opposition. Dangerous young players, hard hitting element and teams worrying about 'How good are they gonna be next year?!'

If you'll forgive the intrusion I have some experience in coping with following a crap team. :)

Your team has been gutted and any win is a bonus*.

I used to watch every game when we were crap to see a kid do something that might show what they will become, the team lift and play attractive footy for a quarter, or an aspect of the game plan come together. In fact, you might be surprised how enjoyable it is watching games with no expectation of winning. You tend to follow and revel in the details far more than when you're caught up in the contest. And when you do snag a game ... man that feels better than any win you've experienced since the last win in a final (yes yes, not that I'd know etc etc etc). So good luck, don't set any KPI's and enjoy the little things without the stress.

* Except against Carlton. * those guys.

Not getting belted around too much. Not sure what to expect really. Some of the blokes signed can play but KP defensive will be the big issue.
If we win 4 or 5 and not get smashed by 70 plus it would be a season i could bare.
Not worried about the spoon as we would not be winning it simply because we tanked or had a really s**t list.
In all honesty we need another top 4 pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back